If you were in charge of the remake of Lunar DS...

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Alunissage »

Seems reasonable enough. Perhaps the temple and the library/school split later on; it would sort of fit with Vane floating around the Goddess Tower, especially in SSSC where the temple is at the base of the tower (and with that application from Phacia to get to Vane, which made no sense at all except as a vehicle to encounter her). I'm pretty sure there's real-world precedent for religious/theological schools becoming secular institutions of learning.

Hm, I'll have to add that in to the continuity resolution theory if I didn't already.

keyblade_master
Burg Farmer

Post by keyblade_master »

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
no hates lunar DS more than me maybe some of you will remember me because I am not new in this forums!
anyway:1-I will allow you to run as you like(without touchin your HP).
2-add a flying cat.
3- I will mix the two fighting modes (I think their names are angelic and combat mode)so you could gain EXP and items+ some money.
4-make the price of the items cheaper.
5-fix a very great GREAT GREAT GREAT MISTAKE which is that in every rpg game the main character has to wield a sword.
6-allow jian to use any spell that he got from the dragons(not only one from your ring).
7- stop the enemys from stealing you equipments.
8-every new charecter joins the party will not start from level 1.
9-targeting an enemy.
10- insatead of 3 fighting in the party I'll make it 4 or 5.
11-after every attle with a dragon you will get a spell and an equipment.

more to come becayse I forgot many.......

Atticus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Atticus »

I could live with the game if only my stuff didnt get broke &/or stolen
I can live with the runing
The Diffent Battle system
The lack of what you atak
5-fix a very great GREAT GREAT GREAT MISTAKE which is that in every rpg game the main character has to wield a sword.

Says who?
You must hate Wild Arms

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

keyblade_master wrote::evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
no hates lunar DS more than me maybe some of you will remember me because I am not new in this forums!

Lioyd, keep in mind that you have already been banned once from the forums. That was a temp-ban, so I'll let you back for now. But if you go back to spamming the boards, then I will ban you again without warning.

This is the only time I'll say it. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Erasculio
Reza Thief

It's not fun to me

Post by Erasculio »

Some basic things:

1) No more items being broken or stolen.

2) Completely new combact system, like Lunar 2 had (or the Grandia system mentioned before). If that's not possible, remove the division between screens (that was a nuisance, nothing else), make number of attacks per turn a matter of levels for the fighting characters (as it is on the other Lunar games), give more special attacks to everyone, and give you the ability to choose who do you wish to target.

3) Mix Virtue Mode and normal mode (just as in any other Lunar game). Make enemies to drop equipment items more often, together with raw gold.

4) No more health degeneration when running.

5) A party with 4 or 5 characters at the same time, with more interaction between them.

6) A better storyline.

I cannot make myself to even play the game as it is right now. Too many flaws in gameplay.

Erasculio

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

...so, basically you want it to be identical to the other Lunars?

Erasculio
Reza Thief

Pretty much, combat wise

Post by Erasculio »

Alunissage wrote:...so, basically you want it to be identical to the other Lunars?

Combat system wise? Yes, or better, building improvements on that foundation. The system we see in DS is worse, in many meanings (in all meaning, I think - I can't find one thing in which it's better than the old one), and it could have a complete rework.

Erasculio

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Had they made the gameplay exactly similar to TSS or EB, and retained the storyline the same way, the game would have been worlds better.

There was some room for originality there. I actually do like the running system they had (the HP drain was really minor, and negligible well before you hit level 10). The cards were all right, since there were a lot of very useful ones.

There were two big problems, though. One is my number-one gripe about the game, and that's the non-selection of enemies in battle. It got massively irritating since the AI has a lousy strategy. Two is the dual virtue/normal mode; now while I actually did like this, most people disliked it, and it could've used a lot of tweaking to get it enjoyable (they might should've just combined the two and had you pick up items -and- gain EXP).

The other problem was with balance. Jian alone was better than all other characters combined. Since the healer was redundant (MP costs were so high that Flora or Lucia were only useful in boss battles, so always using items was a better strategy), Jian was usually the only character worth anything.

Now, if they could've shored up those issues in the beta stage, and worked in some more details to flesh out the story, it would've been a really good game. I do, however, still think that the storyline was adequate for a handheld RPG. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)