Healriz

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
The Warlock
Meryod Yokel
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Healriz

Post by The Warlock »

Having trouble progressing here have no idea what to do. I've talked to everybody and nothing has happend. I found the tournament thing in whats his names house but i have no idea how to get signed up if thats what i'm supposed to do. Can someone help me? I'm trying to progress through the storyline.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Talk to the guy who runs the town (can't recall his name); he's in a house next to Titus's on the eastern half of town. His girlfriend or he himself will mention that he likes honey, and you'll have to go to the forest south of town to fight some insectors (in normal mode) and collect honey to give him. Go back to the town after having done that, speak with him, and he'll give you a pass into the coliseum. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

The Warlock
Meryod Yokel

Post by The Warlock »

ok i did that now but i can't get to the forest it won't let me enter it for some reason.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Remember, you'll need to get honey, then fight the armored boar, THEN go colliseum mode. Remember, in the colliseum, the monsters will break your eq, so keep your termite cards up.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

linkcj
Meribian Merchant

Post by linkcj »

I just thought of something.

I'm at this particular part of the game as well. And before I go off to fight those boars, I decided to do a few of those delivery quests to get some money for some better armor; so I've been fighting a whole bunch of monster in regular combat mode for quite some time. (need 11 chocolates ... a pain in the ass)

Anyway, after all of this fighting I have yet to get a single card.

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

linkcj wrote:I just thought of something.

I'm at this particular part of the game as well. And before I go off to fight those boars, I decided to do a few of those delivery quests to get some money for some better armor; so I've been fighting a whole bunch of monster in regular combat mode for quite some time. (need 11 chocolates ... a pain in the ass)

Uuuh, the quests. By the second half of the game I'd given up on them, and the only ones I ever completed anyway were the delivery ones. The whole looking for items thing reminded me of Ragnarok Online in a bad way.

Honestly, you can get most of the stuff you need in chests, as long as you take the time to find them. Much less of a waste of time, in my opinion.

linkcj
Meribian Merchant

Post by linkcj »

linkcj wrote:I just thought of something.

Whoops!!! As it turns out I have a bunch of cards after all. I was thinking that game would tell you when you get a card ... I guess it doesn't.

Hehe, silly me.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

linkcj wrote:Whoops!!! As it turns out I have a bunch of cards after all. I was thinking that game would tell you when you get a card ... I guess it doesn't.

Hehe, silly me.

As far as I recall, it does tell you when you've gotten a card.

What I found for the deliveries is that you shouldn't take a job unless you have most of the items required for it, and know where to obtain the rest. Otherwise you spend a lot of time looking for 11 chocolates or something. Whenever I backtrack through areas, I put it on Normal mode and collect items as I go, so I have enough to take on 1-2 high-paying deliveries at the next town I go to, provided I spend maybe 15-20 minutes collecting the couple items that I'm missing. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, it does. It's just one of the items in the list of things you got. Kind of subtle, though, since the card icon is the same size as any other sundry icon and so it doesn't particularly stick out.

linkcj
Meribian Merchant

Post by linkcj »

Yeah I think you probably right. The only time I've been in the mode where you collect items is when I was trying to get 11 chocolates for a delivery, so I probably didn't notice them.

Now that I've taken the ferry I can, thankfully, buy a lot of that junk form those two idiots by the Althena fountain in that town on the island. :-)