So I finally finished this. And it really wasn't so bad.

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by phyco126 »

So, are you saying that since it's your opinion we should just accept it as it is? If so, then consider that you are the one who took someone's opinion and said it was wrong and that they should view the game as aweful like everyone else.

It's not that I think your opinion of the game is wrong, but I think trying to represent your opinion is fact over someone elses opinion on whether or not we should like the game is what's wrong.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

phyco126 wrote:So, are you saying that since it's your opinion we should just accept it as it is? If so, then consider that you are the one who took someone's opinion and said it was wrong and that they should view the game as aweful like everyone else.

I didn't take anyones opinion. I simply came in here and stated mine. Of course i view it as right, otherwise i wouldn't have it as an opinion.

argh...fine. Let me do this in a way that i've seen works here.

ATTENTION: I, Benevolent_Ghaleon, am fully aware that my opinions are nothing more than my opinions and I do not believe that they stand as concrete fact.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:It is up to other people to feel insulted or drop the feeling, at least on a subconscious level. My expressed opinion, regardless of how its worded is simply that. It seems that it has been interpreted as "I think the game is awful, therefore i believe that you're awful if you enjoyed it."

That's not the comment that was intended to offend or belittle others. First, re-read what you posted:

"Summary: Stop defending this game out of your love of Lunar and see this game for what it is...awful. "A rose by any other name is just as sweet.", correct? Then the reverse should also hold true. You'd bash this game or push it out of your mind completely if it were named differently."

Even if you argue that the "you" was a general pronoun, not directed, you're still posting this as a response to a post (or set of posts) that was defending the game. What your comment boils down to is this: "If you didn't hate Lunar: DS, then the only reason you didn't hate it is because you're blinded by your love of the Lunar name".

Saying that someone's opinion is based on stupid reasons, simply because it's an opinion you disagree with, is what your problem is. There's no reason you can't express your opinion without having to belittle others'; again, if you find it hard to do so, then I suggest you take care the next time you wish to express your opinion. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:It is up to other people to feel insulted or drop the feeling, at least on a subconscious level. My expressed opinion, regardless of how its worded is simply that. It seems that it has been interpreted as "I think the game is awful, therefore i believe that you're awful if you enjoyed it."

People need to stop letting things they dislike affect them to this degree. If you want (subconsciously or consciously) to be an easily offended person, then you will be. The same goes for other feelings.

PLUS, I don't know the majority of you on a personal level. Everyone should remind themselves of that when they see me make a general statement and feel wronged by my decision to leave "this is my opinion. nothing more" unsaid.

Here here!

I've already gotten into a lot of tuffs over this. I feel your pain. I've probably had 3 or 4 exchanges like this with ppl on this board.

I've killed several topics.

Or been partnered in doing it. lol

But I agree with you.

I've probably ignited something by posting :shock:

::raises defense::

BE GENTILE

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

You've gained a lot of respect from me.

Also, I'm beginning to consider putting my last "attention" thing in my sig.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:You've gained a lot of respect from me.

Or you could insulting us with your opinion. If I say, "Well if you believe this, you're obviously a drone," you're obvioulsy going to become offended. That's the tone you took with us. I realize you're young. But you need to understand that writing is like talking in that it can have a tone. If you would just have used a softer tone, no one would have cared.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Werefrog wrote:
Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:You've gained a lot of respect from me.

Or you could insulting us with your opinion. If I say, "Well if you believe this, you're obviously a drone," you're obvioulsy going to become offended. That's the tone you took with us. I realize you're young. But you need to understand that writing is like talking in that it can have a tone. If you would just have used a softer tone, no one would have cared.

Condescending is fun, isn't it?

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
Condescending is fun, isn't it?

The most.