Your thoughts so far on Lunar DS

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Seffora
NPC
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Seffora »

I'm not suprised it's on a handheld at all, since generally oldschool style games like this generally do better on portable systems as opposed to consles now adays. Personally I'm glad it's on a handheld since latley I've started playing my handhelds alot more than consoles.

As for Anime I'm sure the DS can handel it (especially after seeing the CG in the metroid Prime Hunters Demo and meteos) but i haven't heard anythng about Voice acting, and I doubt they would have anime without voice-overs.

I heard you can equip card to your charactors to alter their abilities, so that should add some charactor customization, one of the few things the Lunar series has been lacking.

I actually don't mind the change of view, although I will miss the charactor movement in battle. I just hope the battle system is fun and the storyline is up the Lunar standards.

Erasculio
Reza Thief

One question, and hi...

Post by Erasculio »

What I would really like to know is, how are we going to talk to NPCs? Some screenshots give me the impression we will move around the towns as if they were a menu (clicking with the touch thing on the building to go there), so that leaves no room to just stop and talk to the NPCs on the way there.

(And we all love the silly little jokes the old Lunar games, and even Lunar Legend, had, don't we?)

Does anyone know more about this?

(Oh, and hello, I'm new. Kyzir, I remember you, and of course I know Rune Lai, owner of the famous and ever charming Shrine to Ghaleon. It's nice to see some familiar "faces" after all those years.)

Erasculio

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

There will be plenty of NPCs; you can see them in the screenshots in fact. Though, they'll be inside buildings or certain locations (like the fountain in Searis). They won't be randomly walking around outside town. That's the only difference. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)