Lunar nintendo power scans

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by GhaleonOne »

Note to all (and I mean everyone on this thread). Speculation is totally fine. I understanding making a point on the Lucia thing, and earlier with the developer issue when people were incorrectly claiming Marvelous as the developer with no proof whatsoever. However, I do NOT want storyline and character speculation knocked down past this Lucia issue, as that's what these boards are supposed to be for.
-G1

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Greensky wrote:I wonder if there will be another Ausa character in this game too. That Green Haired gal could pass as an Ausa... but I won't speculate about that right now :P Oh wait... too late, I just did. Damn.

YES!!! There better be an Ausa or I'm going to go and claim me some heads. :D
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I don't think it would be right without an Ausa! It would seem wierd not to have an Ausa.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Greensky wrote:I wonder if there will be another Ausa character in this game too. That Green Haired gal could pass as an Ausa... but I won't speculate about that right now :P Oh wait... too late, I just did. Damn.

Well, it's set 1000 years before TSS, and Vane was supposed to be about 1000 years old. So I think we can expect to see some background there. I'd be really happy to find an Ausa and Vane somewhere.

The green-haired girl probably isn't an Ausa, though. Ausas are all magic-users, this girl uses a bow. She might be related to the Prarie tribe that Fresca and Tempest were in--they've been around for ages (remember the Grissol legend that's, say, 8000 years old). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Just to be difficult, I'll point out that Tempest used a whip rather than a bow in TSS, and Lemina used a bow in EB. ;)

The catgirl reminds me a lot of Jessica, but the ears are odd. I wonder if that's one of the features that disappeared, since Jessica was only half-beastman...come to think of it, I think I read recently that Mel was only half-beastman himself, which would make Jess a quarter unless her mother was also half. But then, perhaps Mel's bit wasn't accurate, or else there's just been enough interbreeding that it's used generally.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Alunissage wrote:Just to be difficult, I'll point out that Tempest used a whip rather than a bow in TSS, and Lemina used a bow in EB. ;)

Not to mention the fact that she has that cool little lightning barrette and Nash, the other mage of electricity, also used a bow.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Maybe her magic power is going to be unlocked in the game! :o That would be sweet.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Lunar Eclipse wrote:
Alunissage wrote:Just to be difficult, I'll point out that Tempest used a whip rather than a bow in TSS, and Lemina used a bow in EB. ;)

Not to mention the fact that she has that cool little lightning barrette and Nash, the other mage of electricity, also used a bow.

Barrette? What are you talking about? Lemina doesn't have any thunder magic except what she gets from the crests in EBC (and anyone can use those), and in the remakes neither of them use bows, so it's not relevant. Nash is the only character who uses thunder natively, except Ghaleon, and he uses all elements equally. One of the TSS dragon spells is lightning but again it's just one of four elemental dragon spells. But the point is, you can't identify bow usage with the Prairie specifically if you're going by the original games, and comparisons between Lemina and Nash are irrelevant.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Uh, I was talking about Flora's barrette, not one from Lemina or Mia.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Okay, that makes a LOT more sense. Your post was totally unclear since you used "her" when the last person mentioned in your post was someone other than the one to whom you intended to refer.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Oh, sorry. I guess it was ambiguous. Apologies! :oops:

Anyway, now that her name is known to be Flora, I see her as an even less likely candidate for Ausa-dom. I always feel as if their names should make sense with and without a "Le" in front of them. Lemina -> Mina, Lemia -> Mia. That sort of thing. Flora just doesn't flow with that.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Lunar Eclipse wrote:Anyway, now that her name is known to be Flora, I see her as an even less likely candidate for Ausa-dom. I always feel as if their names should make sense with and without a "Le" in front of them. Lemina -> Mina, Lemia -> Mia. That sort of thing. Flora just doesn't flow with that.

Well, maybe her mom is named Leflora? :wink:

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Just . . . eh . . . ew. *Calls bad name police* :P

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Lunar Eclipse wrote:Anyway, now that her name is known to be Flora, I see her as an even less likely candidate for Ausa-dom. I always feel as if their names should make sense with and without a "Le" in front of them. Lemina -> Mina, Lemia -> Mia. That sort of thing. Flora just doesn't flow with that.

...but that doesn't make much sense. Lemilia was the original name for Mia's mother; I suppose Lemilia -> Miria (Lemina's mother) makes a bit of sense.

Anyhow, sure there were other characters who could use bows. But none of their specialties were bow attacks. If you look at the art for Nash or Lemina, they usually have a staff or cane with them (Lemina was better with staves regardless). Flora's art featuring her with a bow indicates that her main weapon is going to be a bow, even if she can equip some other things (dagger, sling, peashooter, etc.). That and the explanation in the Famitsu article about there being flying enemies that can only be hit with ranged attacks lends to the idea that Flora will be the party's backup for non-magical ranged attacks.

Come to think of it, among the main characters, Jian is the only one that looks like he'll have attack magic. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Kizyr wrote:Come to think of it, among the main characters, Jian is the only one that looks like he'll have attack magic. KF

Well, it seems as though Gabriel (or Gabryel... or whatever her name is) will have a sort of attack magic... although maybe not magic, per se. The info we have has indicated that she's able to absorb enemy ablilities and use them, or something to that effect. It kind of reminds me of Blue Magic from the Final Fantasy series.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Kiz.

You're a dream crusher.

:|

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

MiaOne wrote:Kiz.

You're a dream crusher.

:|

Damon was never out to please everyone, either.

But hey, I never said there wasn't an Ausa. Just, Flora doesn't look like one. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Deltath
Lann Fisherman

Post by Deltath »

Kizyr wrote:
Lunar Eclipse wrote:Come to think of it, among the main characters, Jian is the only one that looks like he'll have attack magic. KF

Why is that? Is there something in that Japanese article that Iaus put a link to in this thread that mentions him having attack magic(or listed somewhere else, perhaps)? The only think I saw that indicated a possible fighting style is in one of the screenshots where it shows him doing a handstand, kicking that insect-like beast in the face.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Talking about the battling...I just noticed something. There are only 3 boxes for characters in battle. Does that mean we will have to pick what characters we're going to use? Or are we just going to have 3 people at a time?

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Deltath wrote:Why is that? Is there something in that Japanese article that Iaus put a link to in this thread that mentions him having attack magic(or listed somewhere else, perhaps)? The only think I saw that indicated a possible fighting style is in one of the screenshots where it shows him doing a handstand, kicking that insect-like beast in the face.

Almost, but a different article.

http://lunarthreads.com/viewtopic.php?t=241. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)