About the "Dragons and Dragonmasters" section

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by NallOne »

Lunar Eclipse wrote:If it is the same armor every time, it looks like it'd be pretty uncomfortable for a female Dragonmaster to wear. :?

Not just female Dragonmasters. It is unlikely that every single Dragonmaster was the exact same build, so to think that the Armor would fit each of them perfectly would be silly. I suppose you could think either each Dragonmaster gets their own unique equipment, or that the equipment 'magically' form-fits to the Dragonmaster at the present moment. If Vane can fly, Armor can shrink! :P

- Mike

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

The Dragon Armor ended up on eBay, like all the rare Lunar merchandise.

Still didn't go for as much as those damn Nall plushies. :P
-G1

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

NallOne wrote:I suppose you could think either each Dragonmaster gets their own unique equipment, or that the equipment 'magically' form-fits to the Dragonmaster at the present moment. If Vane can fly, Armor can shrink! :P

- Mike

True enough! And speaking of which, I really hope we get to see Vane take to the skies in this game. That'd be extremely awesome and consistent with the TSS timeline, yes yes?

Oh, and nice new signature, GhaleonOne. :wink:
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Lunar Eclipse wrote:True enough! And speaking of which, I really hope we get to see Vane take to the skies in this game. That'd be extremely awesome and consistent with the TSS timeline, yes yes?

Agreed. Although I wonder how it will work in with the storyline, assuming it happens. Would it be a ceremonial achievement of joy, or perhaps a hastened decision to perhaps get away from some kind of threat on the ground? This may have actually been mentioned somewhere in one of the games - My memory of Lunar is getting worse and worse. Especially when it comes to small little details like that. I must replay them! *adds yet another reason to the "Must Replay Lunar" list*

Hehe, I remember when I first played EB, I half-expected (okay, completely expected) to see Vane rise to the sky again. I still look forward to that being in Lunar 3, though.

Lunar Eclipse wrote:Oh, and nice new signature, GhaleonOne. :wink:

I second that. :)

- Mike

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Damnit, how do I end up being a Meryod Yokel!? Bleh. Oh wait, now I'm a Burg Farmer!!!!? ~_~;

I think that fan made Ruby plushie was the best. The original Nall plushie was alright, but it looked very bland. I'd have to say the fan made Nall plushie was better in some respects. I would like to have the Alex punching puppet, but it doesn't look as nice as the Ghaleon puppet.

I sent Working Designs money for a Lunar Silver Star Story poster when the game came out, and they never sent the damn thing.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

NallOne wrote:
Lunar Eclipse wrote:True enough! And speaking of which, I really hope we get to see Vane take to the skies in this game. That'd be extremely awesome and consistent with the TSS timeline, yes yes?

Agreed. Although I wonder how it will work in with the storyline, assuming it happens. Would it be a ceremonial achievement of joy, or perhaps a hastened decision to perhaps get away from some kind of threat on the ground? This may have actually been mentioned somewhere in one of the games - My memory of Lunar is getting worse and worse. Especially when it comes to small little details like that. I must replay them! *adds yet another reason to the "Must Replay Lunar" list*

I think Vane is supposed to be forced into the sky as a result of the deluge caused by Althena's tears as she wept for the obscenity of the Magic Empire which blighted her lands. I don't suppose the continent of Rick could be the Magic Empire, could it?

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Lunar Eclipse wrote:I think Vane is supposed to be forced into the sky as a result of the deluge caused by Althena's tears as she wept for the obscenity of the Magic Empire which blighted her lands.

Ah, yes. I should have remembered that. Lunar memory is indeed fading. :|

Lunar Eclipse wrote:I don't suppose the continent of Rick could be the Magic Empire, could it?

Hm, I never considered that. Well, looking at the information we have now:

"Many beings with unusual powers live on this continent"; "the Sangrud Bridge that leads to the Frontier".

It is certainly easily accessible and I guess it seems plausible, but I think were a jumping the gun since we don't know for sure that we will see Vane rise in DS. :P

YoungDyne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by YoungDyne »

I think if we see Vane raise at all, it'll be around the end. If everything floods and only Vane remains half way through the game, there aren't many places you could go.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

I doubt Caldor and Ghulian would be punished, and since the Frontier still exists in The Silver Star, I would assume that not much would happen to it either. If just the central continent were damaged, it could happen a bit sooner than the very end. Of course, I can't imagine why Althena would cause her own cathedral to crumble.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Not to mention the fact that the Weird Woods are in the game. I suppose a forest could withstand a flood, but a worldwide flood? Not sure on that. I'm pretty sure the flood scenario was only TSS, and this is based on SSS's timeline.

Damnit, how do I end up being a Meryod Yokel!? Bleh. Oh wait, now I'm a Burg Farmer!!!!? ~_~;

Post count. Just think, before long, you'll be an Iluk Crackpot! ... yeah, guess that's not much better. :P

I sent Working Designs money for a Lunar Silver Star Story poster when the game came out, and they never sent the damn thing.

Could always try Emailing them. I know they still had some left over long after SSS was released. It's possible they still have some. Personally I thought the EBC poster was 10x better, but I love that piece of artwork.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Last I checked, in 2002, they still had them. It doesn't seem all that likely that they've run out since.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Didn't hero get the dragon armor and all that jazz in the Dragon Ruins in the Epiologue? I thought so...shoot me if someone already said that.

Well, if TSS timeline was the only timeline to talk about a flood what is SSSC's reasoning behind the raising of Vane? I think that would be a kick butt ending...Althena starts weeping and the whole world floods up. DEATH AND DESTRUCTION! :P
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

They could even do a Final Fantasy VI sort of thing. Midway through the game, there's a huge catastrophe that completely rearranges the face of the silver star, including raising Vane into the sky (and shrinking the continent of Caldor down to the size of a mere island.)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I could email them about the poster, which was actually for Lunar Eternal Blue Complete and not Silver Star Story, but there's no way they'll send me one without me paying again. I think I'm out of luck.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

If you explain to them you already paid for it, you might get by. I'm not sure how up they are at the moment on answering Emails, but it's worth a shot.
-G1

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Spekaing of Workign Designs sending out posters... do you think they'd still honor the expired poster offer in the official SSSC Guide? :P I can't imagine they would now, since the poster sells on ebay for a good $20+

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Worth a shot. Especially if they have any left over they're trying to get rid of.
-G1

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I sent that form or whatever that was on the EBC strategy guide along with the money, so that's going back a few years. There's no way they're going to honor it now after I paid so long ago. They probably have no record of it.

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

I think I still have mine. I might go ahead and give it a shot. It won't hurt anything. I have very few Lunar merchandise anymore, aside from the WD collectibles. I need to expand my collection. :roll:
- Mike

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Does anyone know of the appropriate e-mail I could possibly contact in order to find out if they would still honor the offer? I don't want to rip it out of the guide otherwise, because then, technically, it's not "100%" :roll: