About the various title choices

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

About the various title choices

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Just wondering, but has anyone thought about what the various title choices we were given by Ubisoft might mean? While things like Ashen Dawn are kind of generic, something like Scarlet Sun just wouldn't make sense unless the sun played some sort of role in the game. Therefore, if anyone's up for it, I'd like to start some speculation based on the different titles that Ubisoft presented. Any ideas? I'm actually pretty puzzled since we were given such a wide array of themes to work with.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Well, the only one that was fitting and aesthetically the best among the choices was Dark Skies. I mean, Lunar: Dark Skies would've gone perfectly along with the ominous portents of what's going on in the Frontier and with the Vile Tribe, plus a few other aspects of the game. Dragon Song only alludes to the Four Dragons, which we can be pretty sure will appear in this game.

Ashen Dawn and Scarlet Sun are more along the idea of the game being a prequel, a story about the origins of some things (Sun and Dawn fit with that).

But still, Dark Skies was the best. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Don't listen to him, he's just bitter Dark Skies didn't win. :P
-G1

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

No, Kiz is right. Dark Skies was best. Either that or Lunar: Verisimilitudinous Elucidation. Or maybe Lunar: Pontificator of Justice
-Rich-

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I'm still upset that one of the choices wasn't Lunar: We're Going to Try To Fit Ghaleon Into This Game Somehow Even Though It's A Prequel. :wink:

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

drumlord wrote:No, Kiz is right. Dark Skies was best. Either that or Lunar: Verisimilitudinous Elucidation. Or maybe Lunar: Pontificator of Justice

Does this mean that Leo's in the game? O_O

Dark Skies was pretty nice, but I guess people voted. I don't remember what I voted for. It didn't matter to me overly much, as long as it wasn't Lunar: Dance!

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Choosing a title is difficult when you don't have any idea of the actual plot. Even with the plot details we have now, I have trouble picking a favorite. Not that it matters now anyway. I just haven't seen enough talk about the Dragons as of yet that would make Dragon Song seem appropriate. I personally have favored Dark Skies myself since the beginning, although to be perfectly honest I think I prefer Genesis to the whole lot. A shame that I wasn't around for the voting. Not that my vote would have made much of a difference.
- Mike

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

I believe Dark Skies would of been a second choice for me. But, like I said before...the other titles were a little too dark to be very "Lunar-ish." Dragon Song, I saw as the only one that fit. I mean it doesn't really go with the color theme (Silver Star, Eternal Blue) but it does kind of go nicely with "Legend" because a "Dragon Song" I saw it as...could be just another Lunar word for "legend", "myth", "lore", etc.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Considering the importance of the Frontier in this game, I'd say Dark Skies still fits the plot better than any of the others. I mean, this game does seem a bit darker than the others, but maybe the title shouldn't convey that.

But come on, you all know nothing beats Dark Skies. And I'm not just saying that 'cause I'm bitter. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Kizyr wrote:Considering the importance of the Frontier in this game, I'd say Dark Skies still fits the plot better than any of the others. I mean, this game does seem a bit darker than the others, but maybe the title shouldn't convey that.

But come on, you all know nothing beats Dark Skies. And I'm not just saying that 'cause I'm bitter. KF

I might have voted for it had I known, well, anything about the plot, but at the time, it just sounded really depressing.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

I still think it's funny that they wanted a title that had the intials "DS" in it :roll: Lunar: Dragon Song, Lunar: Dark Skies... what's up with that? They just wanted people to say "Lunar DS for the Nintendo DS" :shock:

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yes, you've made that incredibly brilliant observation before, as if it hadn't come up months earlier. :roll:

I don't think I voted; none of the choices were that great to me. I liked Scarlet Sun best but didn't think it was likely to fit with the story and didn't want another Lunar with the initials SS, as it would mess up some of my notes. It's already bad enough that there were several versions with the words Silver Star in the titles but I can't use SS collectively because of the Sega Saturn. For that reason, the DS initials make things a lot easier...at least until/unless there's a second Lunar game on the DS, which will really mess things up. :P

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

The sarcasm is quite enough, it's not accomplishing anything.

Dark Skies is still the best. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Unfortunately, I wasn't here a few months ago, but yes, I could only imagine how many people would have made that reference. I guess you have something against bringing things up more than once... which is fine I suppose :P

Yes... I am "incredibly brilliant", thank you very much Alun :oops:

Jian
Reza Thief

Post by Jian »

Like MiaOne said, at the time of the voting I didn't like the title "Dark Skies" because it seemed a little too dark for a Lunar game title.
But now that I know more about the storyline, it would have been a good title for the game.
With that said, I did vote for "Dragon Song" because it sounded the most "Lunar-ish." I still stick by my vote and it sure does feel good to have voted for the winning title. :P