[jpn] TV commercial

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by phyco126 »

The pendant on the woman, is it me, or does it also look like the pendant that Lucia wore? It's hard to tell with the qaulity and size... but... doesn't it?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

This is just my own crazy speculation, but that woman looks like Lucia Collins dressed up like, you know, some kind of deity. :wink:

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

ilovemyguitar wrote:This is just my own crazy speculation, but that woman looks like Lucia Collins dressed up like, you know, some kind of deity. :wink:

I kind of thought the same thing. The only problem is the woman's lack of bangs. Of course, the Dark Goddess Althena lacked the proper bangs too, didn't she? I can't quite remember. :?
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Dark Althena was wearing a headdress which covered most of her scalp and forehead.

If that is intended to be Althena, it's pretty stupid to put that in a commercial, as it would ruin the impact in the game to know it ahead of time.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Well, I think we should take into account the fact that Althena-as-Luna looked different than Althena did in the EBC flashbacks. If you forget about the blue hair, she looked like two completely different people. Perhaps Althena has no actual defined appearance, and looks different every time she is reincarnated?

Of course, this is assuming they follow the TSS timeline, in which Althena was reincarnated on a regular basis throughout the history of Lunar, and not the SSSC timeline, in which it was a one-shot deal with Luna.

And for that matter, I don't actually believe that Lucia Collins is Althena in human form, even if they do follow the TSS timeline, since that would make her character a little too similar to Luna.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:If that is intended to be Althena, it's pretty stupid to put that in a commercial, as it would ruin the impact in the game to know it ahead of time.

Well, they did have Dark Althena in the intro video of TSS. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

and not the SSSC timeline, in which it was a one-shot deal with Luna.

You sure on that? I was pretty sure SSSC also said Althena was reincarnated more than once, it just wasn't pushed as heavily as in TSS.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Yeah, in SSSC they mentioned that every so many years she comes back as a mortal being, in which something happens and she then goes back to her goddess state (I was always under the impression that the Dragon Master did what Dyne did everytime, except that when they did it, she wanted to be a human forever.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Oh? My clear impression has always been that the event in SSSC was the only time she reincarnated -- if it had been a common thing, Ghaleon wouldn't have been so strongly affected, since he'd know that it was coming. If anyone can find me an exact quote from SSSC indicating that this was one incarnation of many, I'd like to know.

Re Dark Althena in TSS's intro, it's not her normal self; if the image I'm using as my avatar had been in the intro, it would have been more of a giveaway. As it is, I'd seen the intro quite a few times before I realized that that was Dark Althena and not Xenobia, since it goes by so quickly.

@ ilovemyguitar, I don't get how you see Althena in EBC's flashback (Destruction of the Blue Star, I mean) being dramatically different from Althena in SSSC. Same hair, same clothes, same face. For that matter, she also looks about the same in the message left for Lucia in EB. Oh...just reread your post, you're comparing EBC's Althena with SSSC's Luna. Well, I see more of a resemblance between them than between EBC's (aged) Luna and SSSC's Luna, to be honest. I mean, in this anime style, how many differences are there going to be besides hair and eye color anyway?

That said, I'm inclined to agree that she may well take different forms in each incarnation. EBC doesn't support this, of course, since she looks the same there as in SSSC, but if SSSC shows her only incarnation, then it would make sense for her to look the same the entire time she governed Lunar. But no reason to think that they're sticking with the SSSC line this time.

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

I forget how long ago it was when everyone lived on the Blue Star. For a second there, I was thinking that the new woman, being Althena, would give Lucia Collins the pendant and leave her on the Blue Star to be the same Lucia in EB, but of course, that's silly because Lucia should already be at the Blue Star since everyone has already moved to Lunar (Was it Earth? I forget...).

But anyways... I can't wait much longer for this game. I want it~!

laus
Iluk Crackpot

Post by laus »

Famitsu score: 6 / 9 / 6 / 6 - (27/40)

Don't know what to think of this. Pretty big difference between those 3 peeps and the person who gave it a 9. :?
Just to compare, anyone know the score SSS & EB got from Famitsu?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

You mind if I post that on LunarNET? That's pretty significant news.
-G1

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Well, now it definitely looks like Althena will have purple-ish hair. Check out this screen cap I picked up from the Marvelous update GhaleonOne posted on the front page:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/L ... lthena.jpg
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

laus
Iluk Crackpot

Post by laus »

comments of the Famitsu review:
http://game10.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/han ... 329192/658

Anyone can translate it

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Yup, it matches the screen cap from the commercial dead on, even the clothes both woman are wearing. That's our new Althena!

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Awesome, I'll see if Kiz can translate the reviews to see why the 9 stood out among 6's.

Edit - After running it through Babelfish, it seems to say that the reviewers were quite impressed with the battle system specifically. Though, really, Babelfish isn't the best, so that could have been a misinterpretation. It just seemed as if, especially the first reviewer, seemed to think the story was lacking and the battle system was great. The opposite seemed to be said of the last reviewer. I couldn't make much out of the second and third ones. We'll see when Kiz translates.
-G1

laus
Iluk Crackpot

Post by laus »

GhaleonOne wrote:Awesome, I'll see if Kiz can translate the reviews to see why the 9 stood out among 6's.

Edit - After running it through Babelfish, it seems to say that the reviewers were quite impressed with the battle system specifically. Though, really, Babelfish isn't the best, so that could have been a misinterpretation. It just seemed as if, especially the first reviewer, seemed to think the story was lacking and the battle system was great. The opposite seemed to be said of the last reviewer. I couldn't make much out of the second and third ones. We'll see when Kiz translates.

Cool, thx for the info. Looking forward to that translation :)

I hope the battle system is indeed great. Even if the story is a bit lacking, if it has a great battle system, I'll be happy, but that's just me.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Personally, I felt that the story was the strongpoint so far. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
-G1

laus
Iluk Crackpot

Post by laus »

GhaleonOne wrote:Personally, I felt that the story was the strongpoint so far. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Ya, it may not be a big deal for a newcomer to the serie like me if the story is a bit lacking but with a great battle system, but I assume long time fans wouldn't be as enthuse as me about it.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

First off, I can't find any evidence that these are really the reviews for Famitsu. It looks like an ordinary message board. The four respondents could be beta testers, but otherwise I don't see where the connection between the site you linked and Famitsu lies. I'm not saying it's false, just I can't verify it.

Secondly, Babelfish more often harms than helps. The reviewers seemed to like much of the feel of the game, particularly the easy interface. The two battle modes (Normal versus Virtue mode) is the big reason for the low marks; the three x's (6 ratings) thought that the two modes were too cumbersome and broke the pace of the game.

Anyway, I'd need to find out how this relates to Famitsu before bothering to report on it. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)