[jpn] TV commercial

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
laus
Iluk Crackpot
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

[jpn] TV commercial

Post by laus »

http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0M3X ... 4FV21J3TAV
credit goes to xenonexus182 from the 1up boards

It's not really long and most of the stuff they show is either a bit small or blocked by some text, but atleast we finally get to see it in motion :D

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Interesting. I'd like to post it on LunarNET, and obviously would like to credit it. I don't have an account on 1up, but could you ask the person if they mind if I posted it on up LN? Credit would be given to either their name or a website address if they have one.
-G1

laus
Iluk Crackpot

Post by laus »

I just pm him about it. Wating for his reply. I don't think he'll mind :)

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Wow, I wonder if that commercial music was one of the new tracks for Lunar Dragon Song. It sounded like it very well could be.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I hate you for posting this on my first day back from vacation, when I won't be able to look at it for another eight hours at least. :P

No, seriously, thanks for letting us know.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Actually, that music vaugely sounds like the Lunar theme, at least the first half of it did. It doesn't sound bad, and I'm sure it's at least a remix of a song in the game (or an actual song from the game).
-G1

Erasculio
Reza Thief

Nice

Post by Erasculio »

Yes, the beginning does look like the older Lunar themes, only a bit softer. The comercial looks nice, but I would like it more if any of the cutscenes were not a still image (*has flashbacks from Lunar Legend "cutscenes"*).

Erasculio

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Just watched it, too short, couldn't see much, but the music rocked (I would expect the quality to be less on the actual game.) Also, it's good to see actual movements of the game, and what appears to be Hel Mel, though we all know that isn't possible.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

That's Zethos for sure.
-G1

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Nice

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Erasculio wrote:Yes, the beginning does look like the older Lunar themes, only a bit softer. The comercial looks nice, but I would like it more if any of the cutscenes were not a still image (*has flashbacks from Lunar Legend "cutscenes"*).

Erasculio

To be honest, I wouldn't worry too much about it. You have to remember that even if this game has only still shots, it's being designed with still shots in mind. I think Lunar Legend's stills were kind of subpar because they were ripped from sequences that were originally meant to be seen in motion. If they're going at it from the angle of using stills from the onset, I'm sure they'll be used much more effectively.

Anyway, the battles look awesome! That part with the lightning hitting enemies in the upper left corner was really cool!
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

laus
Iluk Crackpot

Re: Nice

Post by laus »

Lunar Eclipse wrote:
Erasculio wrote:Yes, the beginning does look like the older Lunar themes, only a bit softer. The comercial looks nice, but I would like it more if any of the cutscenes were not a still image (*has flashbacks from Lunar Legend "cutscenes"*).

Erasculio

To be honest, I wouldn't worry too much about it. You have to remember that even if this game has only still shots, it's being designed with still shots in mind. I think Lunar Legend's stills were kind of subpar because they were ripped from sequences that were originally meant to be seen in motion. If they're going at it from the angle of using stills from the onset, I'm sure they'll be used much more effectively.

Anyway, the battles look awesome! That part with the lightning hitting enemies in the upper left corner was really cool!

Indeed. That fighting scene was my favorite part of the commercial, really looked nice. Shame it was so small :(

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Oh.... wow...

G1, I'm sending a rough translation of it via PM, if you want to post this later. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

I'm actually most interested by the woman in the upper left corner of the first series of still images. Here's a screen cap for reference:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/L ... dscopy.jpg

She looks like she's very important, and she has the same hair color as Lucia though perhaps it's a bit more purple. It's hard to tell since the quality isn't all that spectacular.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

It could be Althena :shock:

Pitch
Nanza Bandit

Post by Pitch »

I was also wondering about that woman. o.o Certainly looks like it's going to be an interesting game. I better go preorder...

..why are all video game trailers too short? :(

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

As I recall, Japan's television time slots are arranged to give less time for commercials, compared to the US. So, 1-2 minute commercials are rare. Most that I've seen are about 20-30 seconds. But, this is based on memory, not measurement. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Pitch
Nanza Bandit

Post by Pitch »

Wow. Really? That's interesting. Hahah, I wasn't even really serious - I think even 2-3 minutes is too short, but if you say so. that's good to know. :)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

A commercial is not the same thing as a trailer.

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

Yeah, that's why special features sometimes are divided into trailers and "TV spots"
-Rich-

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Yeah, here's another Japanese Commercial that is also short, not about Lunar DS, but for Fullmetal Alchemist: Dual Sympathy for the DS. It's a funny commercial too, cause Ed is sleeping, Al wakes him up in the end and Ed really gives it to him. :D

http://media.ds.ign.com/media/735/735157/vids_1.html