Europe release?

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
mpenton537
Meryod Yokel
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Europe release?

Post by mpenton537 »

Why has this game not got a Europe release date? I heardthey weren't bringing it to Europe, but why? Europe has never had a lunar game, to my knowledge, how do they know it won't be successful

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Europe release?

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

mpenton537 wrote:Europe has never had a lunar game, to my knowledge, how do they know it won't be successful

That's probably why they think it won't be successful. Europe doesn't have many fans of the series because, well, they've never had the series.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

mpenton537
Meryod Yokel

Post by mpenton537 »

http://gba.n64europe.com/index.php?id=4060

ah, new of Lunar DS and Harvest Moon DS. A good day indeed

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, I'd be willing to bet Lunar makes it to Europe.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:Yeah, I'd be willing to bet Lunar makes it to Europe.

Wasn't the European release of Lunar: Dragon Song cancelled? I seem to remember hearing that a while back.

Well, there's no regional lockout for handheld systems. So at the very least, you could import it with no problems. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

UbiSoft never planned a release as far as I know, they just confirmed they wouldn't bring it to Europe I think. Doesn't stop someone else from liscensing the translation and bringing it out there. Marvelous could even do it. It makes sense in that article that Harvest Moon and Lunar are both going to Europe as both are published by Marvelous.
-G1

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

Post by SSSFan »

since I'm from the NL Iwasn't a fan of it either 'till I read something about lunar legend :P. Now that I know 'bout this new one I'm just gonna import it, no problem. That a lot cheaper by the way :D

ZP
Pao Hunter

Post by ZP »

Last night I asked someone who works for UbiSoft to bug her bosses to make sure the game gets a release in Europe. Unfortunatley, she tends to forget things.

I tried...

Edit - night of the 30th of August - because it's not possible to reply to myself -

The answer that came back is that Ubisoft simply doesn't have a license for a European release of Lunar DS. Sigh.