Your chance to rename Lunar: Genesis!

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Sonic# »

GhaleonOne wrote:Genesis just doesn't work unless it really is the true Genesis story and they don't plan on going any further back in history.

That's right. They didn't even name any of the Star Trek movies Genesis, even though that's obviously what was going on in 3, The Search for Spock.

"Lunar: Whoa! It's A New Game And Not A Remake! What Are The Odds?!"

Lunar: Willow Tree's Fall. (Lunar: WTF)

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Sonic# wrote:
Lunar: Willow Tree's Fall. (Lunar: WTF)

...I would of voted for that. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. That's the best titled ever! :D Hahahaa! Lunar: WTF....
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Kishi
Saith Pirate

Post by Kishi »

"Genesis" is way too Biblical a term to apply to Lunar. At the same time, it lacks poetry because it's simply synonymous with "beginning." Its meaning is too obvious.

I went with Scarlet Sun, myself.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I went with "Scarlet Sun," but I'm kind of wishing I'd gone with "Dragon Song," simply because it'll make it harder to abbreviate. SS could mean Scarlet Sun, or Silver Star.

Kishi
Saith Pirate

Post by Kishi »

The Silver Star is TSS. Scarlet Sun would be SS. Easy enough.

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

As brought up over at Leb, Dark Skies or Dragon Song would be perfect for the new title since their abbreviations become DS. And this will be on the Nintendo DS making the title fit perfectly for the console.

Lunar DS for the Nintendo DS
---
LunarNET Discord: https://discord.gg/yzXgsSa

Dingle
Pao Hunter

Post by Dingle »

Insydius wrote:As brought up over at Leb, Dark Skies or Dragon Song would be perfect for the new title since their abbreviations become DS. And this will be on the Nintendo DS making the title fit perfectly for the console.

Lunar DS for the Nintendo DS

That's precisely the reason why I voted for "Dark Skies."
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Dingle wrote:That's precisely the reason why I voted for "Dark Skies."

'Cause you know it's the best title!

Hehe {^^}. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Dingle
Pao Hunter

Post by Dingle »

Kizyr wrote:'Cause you know it's the best title!

Hehe {^^}. KF

Yeah! 8) Though "Dragon Song" was tempting, too.

millennialfair
Reza Thief

Post by millennialfair »

Hmm, I voted for Dark Skies or Dark Song...can't remember which...does it even matter? I'm just happy that's it's a Lunar game after all. Now I need to buy a Nintendo DS... I ususally miss these special promotion events that happen from time to time, but I am happy I got in time to vote.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I'm not going to run out and buy a DS until this game is officially announced for US release on the DS. I'm still kicking myself for buying a Sega Saturn when Silver Star Story was first announced.

Dingle
Pao Hunter

Post by Dingle »

ilovemyguitar wrote:I'm not going to run out and buy a DS until this game is officially announced for US release on the DS. I'm still kicking myself for buying a Sega Saturn when Silver Star Story was first announced.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. :X

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

ilovemyguitar wrote:I'm not going to run out and buy a DS until this game is officially announced for US release on the DS. I'm still kicking myself for buying a Sega Saturn when Silver Star Story was first announced.

Yup. Me too. At least Dragon Force was a good game or I might of jumped out the window for that mistake. I made it again...with the Dreamcast...although I don't think Lunar was ever announced coming out there, but I bought it for other reasons...and barely played it. I need to stop that.

But yeah. I'm pre-ordering Lunar and putting a Gameboy: DS on hold and then when I start seeing some public pics and storyline stuff of the game. I'll buy it.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I still use my Saturn more than any other system.

Then again 80% of my games for it are imports. And it's the only one with Lunar: MS. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

MiaOne wrote:

Yup. Me too. At least Dragon Force was a good game or I might of jumped out the window for that mistake. I made it again...with the Dreamcast...although I don't think Lunar was ever announced coming out there, but I bought it for other reasons...and barely played it. I need to stop that.

If you hardly played your Dreamcast ... I was about to say that's a shame, but really, the two RPGs I really like on it got ported over to other systems anyway, though in one case there's the excitement of playing the original game, unmodified (Skies of Arcadia), and in the other, I've heard the ports aren't quite as high quality (Grandia II, which came out for both the PS2 and PC, I believe... ^_^). So, to complete my thought, not a shame to have done so, especially since even the Sonic games got ported (except Sonic Shuffle... I think...).

And I just realized that in order to get Lunar: Genesis, I'll have to buy a Nintendo DS. The two ideas never quite connected themselves. I assumed that somehow, in preordering it, one would take care of the other.

::facepalm::

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Sonic# wrote:
If you hardly played your Dreamcast ... I was about to say that's a shame, but really, the two RPGs I really like on it got ported over to other systems anyway, though in one case there's the excitement of playing the original game, unmodified (Skies of Arcadia), and in the other, I've heard the ports aren't quite as high quality (Grandia II, which came out for both the PS2 and PC, I believe... ^_^). So, to complete my thought, not a shame to have done so, especially since even the Sonic games got ported (except Sonic Shuffle... I think...).

And I just realized that in order to get Lunar: Genesis, I'll have to buy a Nintendo DS. The two ideas never quite connected themselves. I assumed that somehow, in preordering it, one would take care of the other.

::facepalm::

Well, I bought the Dreamcast and then didn't have any money to buy any games after I bought PSO :P So it was a waste to say the least. It's somewhere in my messy room now. Probably a new mall for spiders or something....EW I HATE SPIDERS!

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Get Skies of Arcadia for it. It feels like a Lunar-style game, with all the adventuring, exploration and well done characters and story.
-G1

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

GhaleonOne wrote:Get Skies of Arcadia for it. It feels like a Lunar-style game, with all the adventuring, exploration and well done characters and story.

I got a better idea. How about you BUY me Skies of Arcadia? :P

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

Or,you could just get it off ebay for 2$ like I did because it's not as good as Lunar.
Okay, Hacker, listen up. I am tired of your fake assumptions! What is your problem?! Do you just like to mess with 14 year olds, who KNOW they don't lie to people at a site they consider HOME?!! PM ME NOW!

Gilbertgrapegoof
Lann Fisherman

Post by Gilbertgrapegoof »

I want to call it Lunar: a love story starring rick moranis as the dragonmaster and corey feldman as luna.....