Your chance to rename Lunar: Genesis!

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
MiaOne
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by MiaOne »

YoungDyne wrote:
The whole Vheen (I like to spell it the japanese way better XD) rising thing...that's something I'd really like to see. Hmmm, but I wonder..."Rub the touch screen up and down to help raise Vane!"...a mini game lunar? ^^;; How old is ghaleon, exactly? Maybe everyone likes him too much, and so they'll put him in every lunar game in some way. I mean, that magic race...they live for a long, long time, don't they? In "Lunar: Vheen Hikuusen Monogatari" Ghaleon witnessed the deaths of a lot of Ausa's.

3000 years doesn't seem that short of a time for me. Our records of human civilization only goes back a few thousand year, right? (I'm not talking neanderthal, just us as we are today) I know it's only a game, but really, it doesn't seem that short to me.

I would really like it if that was what the story was about too. The rising of Vane. That would be sooo freaking awesome. :D Touch is good.

Anyway...considering our history dates back as far as 3000 B.C. not including the 2000 years we've got going A.D. I would have to say we've been around a little longer than 3000 years. ;)

Radien
NPC

Post by Radien »

What a great poll!

It'd be nice if Lunar could keep the color scheme tradition, but then, "scarlet" seems a far cry from the basic nature of Lunar and the Blue Star... Also, the story may or may not warrant similarity to the existing color scheme. Since the original name was "Genesis," I really wonder whether those sounding names fit, since "genesis" is sorta the opposite of "apocalyptic"...

I predict "Dragon Song" is going to win. I'm not saying it's the best, necessarily, but it's the sort of name that would fit right into Silver Star Story. Also, I don't think "Dragon Song" really suggests that the dragons themselves are singing, at all. Rather, I think of Alex with his ocarina, only playing a different song.

Ashen Dawn and Shattered Dawn make me think of Zophar. However, they sound rather negative consider Lunar titles are all about hope.

Dark Skies sounds really weak. So the skies are dark... so what? Perhaps it's overcast. ;)

Scarlet Sun fits the color scheme, but for it to be appropriate, the game really should be about the sun, and we don't know if it is. Besides, many of the other comments about Scarlet Sun in this thread are valid.

Dragon Song may be generic, but it's a romantic-sounding name, and that's how I see the Lunar series. Since I hope the DS Lunar is the same, I vote for Dragon Song.
"Cower before me, peasants!"

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

YoungDyne wrote:3000 years doesn't seem that short of a time for me. Our records of human civilization only goes back a few thousand year, right? (I'm not talking neanderthal, just us as we are today) I know it's only a game, but really, it doesn't seem that short to me.

European records go back only 2500-3000 years. British records only go back about 1500-2000 years. The rest is accounted for by Roman and Greek records.

Egyptians had records going back to 3000BC. The Chinese have records going back at least to 3000BC, if not older. There were some pre-Columbian cities in South America that are dated around 10000BC, and likewise with some archaeological sites in the Middle East.

Dark Skies sounds really weak. So the skies are dark... so what? Perhaps it's overcast. Wink

Dark Skies is the best! It's simple yet descriptive and to-the-point. I mean, "Eternal Blue" wasn't all complex now, was it? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

Wolfman_Samurai wrote:
Anne McCaffrey also wrote a book called Dinosaur Planet

I thought it was Ray Bradbury?

He might have. I thought he had one also by the same name (I remember thinking there was something unusual about two well known authors having the same title on their books), but I checked his official site before making my post and it's not listed in his bibliography.

Mia, I'm pretty sure that TSS gave no date for Vane rising into the sky, just that it happened when Althena's tears flooded the world and washed away the Magic Empire. TSS wasn't very keen on dates other than those that were abosolutely necessary for the story. Even then they wre sometimes a little hazy. ^^;

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Actually, it is TSS that says 1000 years before. In a number of places, check both the screenshots on the timeline ( http://www.lunar-net.com/timeline.php ) and the notes that came with it on that page. It's SSS and Legend that didn't have as many dates, but I still recall SSS might have mentioned that 1000 years bit for Vane's founding.
-G1

YoungDyne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by YoungDyne »

10000BC, eh Kizyr? Heh, okay, okay, so I'm entirely wrong about this, aren't I? But what can I say? I'm no expert on Lunar...I only want a good Lunar game and some quality touching.

Also, it'd be cool if Zain made an appearance...even though it won't happen. I liked what little bit of that character you saw in the Lunar Vheen manga.

Elie
Student of Vane

Post by Elie »

I wish we knew more about the game's storyline before naming the game, just so we'd be able to name it something fitting to the plot.

Either way, I voted for Dragon Song. Something that seems to go with the Lunar theme, but isn't too complex or too generic a title. I also liked the "dawn" titles, though.

Here's hoping the title chosen will actually fit the game.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Elie wrote:Here's hoping the title chosen will actually fit the game.

Dark Skies fits the game the best.

Vote for Dark Skies! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Kizyr wrote:
Elie wrote:Here's hoping the title chosen will actually fit the game.

Dark Skies fits the game the best.

Vote for Dark Skies! KF

>.> Um, no. I'm voting for Lunar: Vibrating Doom.

...there's a blank spot for write-ins right?
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Oooh, write-ins? How about Lunar: Revenge of the Spamburger?

Dingle
Pao Hunter

Post by Dingle »

ilovemyguitar wrote:Oooh, write-ins? How about Lunar: Revenge of the Spamburger?

lol. I voted for "Dark Skies," but my write-in would definitely be
"Lunar: Whoa! It's A New Game And Not A Remake! What Are The Odds?!"

... Naw. It's three words short.
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Haha, yeah. I'm still convinced the only reason they called the GBA Lunar "Lunar Legend" was because "Lunar: The Silver Star Story Complete Advance" Wouldn't fit on the box.

Dingle
Pao Hunter

Post by Dingle »

ilovemyguitar wrote:Haha, yeah. I'm still convinced the only reason they called the GBA Lunar "Lunar Legend" was because "Lunar: The Silver Star Story Complete Advance" Wouldn't fit on the box.

lol! :lol: But if it was already "complete," how could it "advance?" See, that's where my brain starts to whimper and die.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Easy. You take a great game, water it down to a pale imitation of its former self, and release it on a handheld system.

Oh, wait, did I say that out loud?

Genocide
Pao Hunter

Post by Genocide »

I chose Ashen Dawn, athough I think Genesis is a perfect title.

Dingle
Pao Hunter

Post by Dingle »

Yeah, I liked the title Genesis. I found Genesis in the Eternal Blue font eye-catching.

Huh?! But wait! "Advance" means "to move forward."
But "complete" means "having all necessary or normal parts, components, or steps; entire!"

So--so wh-why did that--what--hoo hoo--*head explodes*

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

As I recall, the full name of LL in Japanese was "Lunar: Legend of the Silver Star", which at least makes some sense. Though discussion of all this really should be on the LL board and not this one.

Dingle
Pao Hunter

Post by Dingle »

Sorry. ^^' Won't happen again.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I desided on Ashen Dawn. I liked the other dawn one too, but I was hoping for more name choices than the ones given.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

People don't seem to get the whole Genesis thing. It's not really a good idea. 1) Genesis usually means beginning, like in a Biblical sense, and there's history well before 1000 prior to Lunar 1. EB talks about how the people left the Blue Star for Lunar. 2) If they name it Genesis, then go back and make a new game that's a prequel about the people moving from the Blue Star, they've just screwed that all up. Genesis just doesn't work unless it really is the true Genesis story and they don't plan on going any further back in history.
-G1