In this thread we fix Lunar: Dragon Song.

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: In this thread we fix Lunar: Dragon Song.

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:We also didn't get paid like we were supposed to! *grumble grumble*

I think it would make a cool feature to release those documents, but I would assume that's against whatever was in the NDA. (I'm not even sure I have a copy of any of it anymore though, as I lost a lot of my Lunar documents to a dead PC years ago)
I still have all the docs (electronic and hard-copy). Though... there's no expiration stated on the NDA, so yes, it'd probably be a very bad idea to release the documents without express permission {^^}.

That being said... it's not a tremendous loss... It's only Dragon Song. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

GhaleonOne wrote:We also didn't get paid like we were supposed to! *grumble grumble*

I think it would make a cool feature to release those documents, but I would assume that's against whatever was in the NDA. (I'm not even sure I have a copy of any of it anymore though, as I lost a lot of my Lunar documents to a dead PC years ago)
Legally NDAs only last like 15 years, it might be safe to release now. You have the date on your NDA, has it been 15 years? If so, RELEASE THE HOUNDS!

And I know you guys weren't all, "Yes, yes, destroy all Lunar. This is fine, the series we love and that was a capstone of our adolescence deserves to be desecrated and turned into garbage. The series has been circling the drain for decades, finish it off." I'm sorry for that post I made, I was mad. I sincerely apologize. I can't take back the hurt but I regret it immensely.

We should make my version of Dragon Song then add in a fishing mini-game.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

NOBODY LIKES FISHING MINIGAMES!

Also I don't think it's been 15 years yet. We got another 3 years to go if that's the case.

...that and it sounds an awful lot like the "delete this ROM after 24 hours" stuff back in the 90s... or 00s... ...n/m pretty sure people still say that now. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Way back when I first started reading websites (meaning, when I had a connection that was faster than 2400 baud...) I read a bunch of WD's RPG Critic reviews. I will never forget that he knocked a full point off of Majora's Mask solely because it didn't have Ocarina's fishing game in it. Seriously.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

I hear the Fishing Minigame in FF15 is fun. There was another one too but I forgot it.

Lunar: Dragon Song is not the worst game ever because it didn't have a fishing minigame. Did it have a forced stealth section? I forget.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Kizyr wrote:NOBODY LIKES FISHING MINIGAMES!

Also I don't think it's been 15 years yet. We got another 3 years to go if that's the case.

...that and it sounds an awful lot like the "delete this ROM after 24 hours" stuff back in the 90s... or 00s... ...n/m pretty sure people still say that now. KF
I'm with you on the fishing minigame. I will say that FFXV's was well-designed, but "well-designed minigame in minigenre I don't enjoy" is not a compelling category for me.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time