Few impressions on storyline and characters

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Angelalex242
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Angelalex242 »

I doubt we're gonna hear about direct descendents in this game unless someone mentions Ausa. Or Alkirk. Or some other family that actually HAS a last name...
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

??? Were we talking about descendants, or was that just an observation? Wondering if I'm missing something.

Several characters have last names in (Japanese) TSS and Legend. Alex and Luna both have the surname Noah in TSS (don't know if that was still Alex's father's first name or if he only became Noah in the translation), and Ramus's is something like Fain. Nash has a surname in both TSS and Legend, Rumach, and Laike has the surname Bogard in Legend.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Well, somebody mentioned 2000 years of breeding, so...it seemed like a logical place to go.

Huh. I wonder if anyone ever gets last names in Lunar 2. Except Lemina, of course.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Oh, that. I wasn't referring to straight lines; actually, I was referring to their lack. I wouldn't expect Leo to look that much like the beastmen in Dragon Song because in all that time there's a pretty good chance that they've interbred with humans and even (in the remakes) Vile Tribesmen.

We've had fun speculating on possible connections between Lunar 1 and 2, but the two obvious ones are the only ones that are certain.

Re last names, correction: Myght's last name is Farn. Ramus's is Farmine. No one else has last names given in the I+II artbook, which is what I'm checking (Nash's is also in this). Leo's note to Ronfar in Larpa is signed LM, but no one knows what M stands for; I don't know whether LM is in the Japanese game.

Incidentally, I saw that Ronfar's age is listed as 19, so maybe I'm misremembering the legal drinking age in Japan...the question to Shigema was definitely concerning why Ronfar was drinking underage.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

The US is the only place with an unusually high drinking age. In Japan it's legally 20, but most folks are able to purchase moderate amounts of alcohol by 18. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

Kizyr...have you come across any voice acting...anything at all

maybe in battle they're grunting or something?

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

Ronfar...19!? He can NOT be nineteen, especially with the whole flashback thing where it's quite a few years ago, judging by Ronfar's receeding hairline and longer hair and ...just plain older look. He's probably around the age of Leo, who is definately not nineteen...

And Leo looks pretty similar to Rufus and co, I think. Just not as tan.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

No voice acting, sorry. Music's still awesome, though. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, I need to start playing it with the speakers turned on. They go on as soon as I get home, but I don't want to make other people on public transit listen to my music considering how much I hate hearing theirs. But it's really quite good.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

That's why I use the headphone jack. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

That would require my actually acquiring headphones that don't hurt. I did play that way at first with some lousy ones I had lying around, but again felt self-conscious because I hear other people's noise pollution through their headphones all the time.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Maybe you could use ear buds? Some of those hurt my ears, but I have a pair of good quality ones that are really comfy. And ear buds pretty much never give out noise pollution.