Spoiler warning for Lunar DS on GameFAQs

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Spoiler warning for Lunar DS on GameFAQs

Post by GhaleonOne »

For those that read over at GameFAQs (I know there's a few of you around here), don't read the topic "one question". (spoilers i guess?)

Some jackass spoiled a major part of the story in the second post. It's been marked for spoiler, so hopefully someone nixes it quick, but wow. Just wanted to give a heads up.
-G1

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Thanks a million. I might have to stay away from Gamefaqs for a while. I really want to enjoy this game without being spoiled, and every now and then people there can be careless about spoilers.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

You know how fuming I was when I read that?!

That thread better get deleted--and quick.

-Albino Baboon-. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I marked it last night and they still haven't done anything.
-G1

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

Post by SSSFan »

whew, thanks a lot. I couldn't forgive the one who did that when I should've read it. I really want the story to be a secret to me 'till I have the game, ya know. I think everyone wants to :roll:

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

The guy is a complete ass for that. He had no business posting that. I think some people just get a kick out of ruining things for others.
-G1

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I was one of the people who was unfortunate enough to read it. (G-FAQs' SN: Ghaleon_2006). I really reacted to it in a very bad way going on to spoil another game (granted it was only FF7 which is how old now?).

But that made me so mad. I'm leaving G-FAQs because of it (at least until I finish the game). So yeah... I'm new here.

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

There are certain spoilers that become generally acceptable to mention over time. FFVII I would include. Other notables are the Sixth Sense and Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back. But some that are borderline I could see as making people upset, like the Usual Suspects or Fight Club. But most things still fall under do not spoil for me rules because the thing(s) to be spoiled aren't mainstream.
-Rich-

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I got pretty mad at WD spoiling FF7 for me in their Theater site section when they used it as an example of the spoiler, because I hadn't (and still haven't) played anywhere close to that point. That was in 1999. WD's site was almost the first I went to online with my unbelievably slow connection and I had no idea that FF7 had been a big deal, let alone that spoilers to it had abounded.

I still think I'm justified in being a bit annoyed at RPG Critic's review of SSSC spoiling Ghaleon's presence in EB, since a lot of people would be playing SSSC as their introduction to Lunar and would be waiting for EBC. The context, by the way, was that he thought that Nash should have been replaced by a totally different type of character as a love interest for Mia..."(I'm thinking Ghaleon from Lunar 2 here)..." which is remarkably incongruous.

Anyway, yeah, that really does suck about the Gfaqs board. :| I've been staying away entirely until I finish the game or else I'll get totally embroiled in it. I'm not worried about spoilers for myself, but I'm furious that other people are getting spoiled when they don't want to be.

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

Ah, I don't read RPG Critic's reviews because I tend to disagree with just about everything he says. That's quite a lame statement to include in a review; it's painfully obvious that the larger Lunar crowd would be on PlayStation than Sega CD, so it was extra inappropriate to include what shouldn't have been mentioned in the first place.
-Rich-

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, I had forgotten about that. Considering the timing of the review, that's a bit ridiculous to spoil the sequel. This spoiler on GameFAQs is completely ridiculous though, and apparently GameFAQs isn't even going to remove it. I assume because it has "possible spoilers?" in the thread title, but people are expecting the first post to be a spoiler, not the following post. And to spoil something like that is ridiculous.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, after a few more reviews I concluded that he was definitely using a far different set of standards from what I'd value in a game. He took a full point off of Majora's Mask's score for not having Ocarina's fishing game. (Yes, let's go fishing when the world is ending in 3 days.) Of course, whenever he writes a glowing review of a game I love I realize he's not so off base after all. :P Another weirdness with the SSSC review was that he lowered the score a bit because SSSC didn't change/improve enough from the original, but his TSS review, imported from his old 'zine, was about three sentences, one of which was inaccurate. But I suppose most people coming to the WD site and reading his reviews would likely be buying SSSC regardless.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I seriously doubt that G-Faqs will take it down. I requested that the person who posted it remove it. But yeah... I realized by saying that spoiler I was being a jerk, so I removed the FF7 thing.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

There's something called...class. Clearly, that man doesn't have any. Oh well. Karma, we may hope, will eventually come back to haunt him.

Measure for measure, may the measure he measures with be measured back to him.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

Alunissage wrote:He took a full point off of Majora's Mask's score for not having Ocarina's fishing game.

I dislike that practice to begin with. If you can quantify a certain part of a game as being the equivalent of a single point or set number of points, that means you should be able to denote what the rest of the points correspond to. What it ends up being is a pseudo-rubricks system and I like to think of video games as being worthy of more than an elementary school level grading system. I hit on several problems with scoring in my video game reviews editorial at GAF, but I think I may have actually missed that particular one.

On a sidenote, I still find it ironically amusing that my editorial concludes that scoring is universally bad and go right on doing it ;)
-Rich-

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

I accidentally read it right after he posted it since I normally just scroll down the GameFAQs topics to see if there are any questions that I can possibly answer. I'm not too angry about it since I've had worse things spoiled for me, but it would have been nice to have been surprised . . .
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Lunar Eclipse wrote:I accidentally read it right after he posted it since I normally just scroll down the GameFAQs topics to see if there are any questions that I can possibly answer. I'm not too angry about it since I've had worse things spoiled for me, but it would have been nice to have been surprised . . .

Same here. I really wish I would have seen this topic first, though. I don't mind being spoiled when I do it of my own free will, because I'm just too interested to keep myself in the dark. This time though I had planned to wait it out, and I didn't expect "I guess" to give me a huge spoiler.

I'm really hoping that isn't the only 'big surprise' in the game. It isn't going to ruin it for me, but it would be nice to still have some kind of surprise waiting for me. I'd be optimistic and say maybe I'll forget by the time I play the game, but I know I won't. :|
- Mike

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

Thankfully, I saw this topic before I looked in the one at GFaqs that had the spoiler. Thanks, G1.

I'm gonna stay away from Gamefaqs until I finish the game, now. >_>

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I just posted my goodbyes as they modded me for posting a spoiler warning for that topic, yet leave the damn spoiler there because the topic title says "possible spoiler?", not indicating it was a MASSIVE SPOILER in a reply. The guy could have just said yes or no to the damn topic, not blow one of the biggest plot twists in the game away.

The morale of the story:

GameFAQs is pure -Dung Beetle-.
-G1

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Amen to that. I got modded for using a FF7 spoiler in a joke(one about a certain female in the game that everyone seems to like). I'm still not sure if I was modded because of the spoiler or if it was because they thought I was making fun of FF7.