Oh this is rich...

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Oh this is rich...

Post by Kizyr »

Ok, a few folks know I occasionally check in on the Lunar DS board at GameFAQs. Now, I don't like GameFAQs' boards for a number of reason, primary one being the abundance of idiot 13-year olds on there (not all 13-year olds, I mean the idiot ones). But, this last comment just still has me baffled; hell, I spent a good while just laughing.

In talking about the review I just did for Lunar: Genesis, one person responds:
It's an importer's review, and not one of the official lunar-net's, though good review I assure you the reviewer is just some 30 some halo fan I'm waiting for an expert opinion

...I guess literacy is too much of an assumption to make? How did he post if he can't re... no, wait, my head'll hurt too much thinking about it. I have no clue how to respond to a post that makes no sense to begin with.

And if it hadn't been for that horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Wow, and I thought my grammer was bad.... That was almost incomprehensible.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I'm right there with ya on the lack of love for GameFAQs. I'm not even looking at those boards now, because I'm afraid of having Lunar: DS accidentally spoiled for me.

I don't hate it quite as much as I hate the boards at aintitcoolnews.com, which is a site that does news on movies, tv, etc. Every news article has a "talkback" board, where people comment on the news. These talkbacks are absolutely atrocious to read; they're full of geeks bashing on every single movie, tv show, actor, director, etc. that is mentioned in the article. Every idea is a bad idea to them.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm going to screw with the guy a bit:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmes ... c=23651738

I'd just like to know how he can claim it's not an official review for LunarNET or how he can claim the reviewer is a "30 some halo fan" (I assume that means 30-something year old halo fan?)
-G1

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

But I like Halo. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

G1 where you thundercat?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

No

GhaleonOne
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Horse? I'm lost.

And...yeah. What does he expect "the official lunar-net's" review to be, let alone "an expert opinion"? And given that your name is all over updates it shouldn't be hard to put two and two together. Where does the 30 some Halo fan come from? Hey, if I'd been the reviewer he'd at least be half right. My best guess is that because it wasn't uniformly glowing he's decided that you don't know what you're talking about. If so, it's really sad to see Lunar fans just as blindly ignorant as, say, some Halo fans. :P

Edit...question, Kiz? Are you referring to MS the Saturn game or Walking School in your first post? Because I thought you hadn't played the Saturn one through yet.

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

This game is going to be good whether it's good or not.

*cough* *hack* *die* :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'd rather have blindly ignorant than blindly pessimistic as a lot of these fans there are. "This Lunar is pure garbage. It's not as good as the real Lunar's on the psx. I'm not buying it." At least these blindly ignorant ones will buy the game and we'll hopefully see another. :P
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Heh, true. I just hate to have to share a label with idiots. Kind of a condition of being alive, though.

The real Lunars, indeed.

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

Alunissage wrote:Where does the 30 some Halo fan come from? Hey, if I'd been the reviewer he'd at least be half right. My best guess is that because it wasn't uniformly glowing he's decided that you don't know what you're talking about. If so, it's really sad to see Lunar fans just as blindly ignorant as, say, some Halo fans. :P

The 30 something Halo fan probably was a reference to a post made a while back on Bungie's (?) forums. It was a 13-year-old complaining about how all the 30-something Halo fans were old and should go do something useful with their lives instead of playing video games. That post generated a lot of laughs on another board I visit (where almost everybody is a mid-20s or older gamer), to which the 30-something fans replied that the poster was too young to be playing an M-rated game like Halo.

I doubt it's the same punk kid, but he probably saw the original post and decided he liked it. :P

I find it funny though that the opinion of 30-something gamers is not good, but the 30-something gamers are many of the people who are designing these games the 13-year-olds play.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Quite!

Fortunately, I cannot yet claim to be a 30 something gamer.

Though I know enough of how my life will likely go that I am almost certain I'll claim the title eventually.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

LUNARverse
Pao Hunter

Post by LUNARverse »

Kiz, I just try to ignore those people of Gamefaqs. You have to remember that the site did go severely downhill after the gamespot merge, and it was pretty bad to begin with. Some people are just trolls looking to incite flames. You could either report him, or just be civil and give him a link to your Official Import Review in the Meribian Times Section.

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

I can claim to be a 30 something gamer. But I'd be lying.
-Rich-

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

*shrug* No lie for me.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

LUNARverse wrote:Kiz, I just try to ignore those people of Gamefaqs. You have to remember that the site did go severely downhill after the gamespot merge, and it was pretty bad to begin with. Some people are just trolls looking to incite flames. You could either report him, or just be civil and give him a link to your Official Import Review in the Meribian Times Section.

I could, but where would the fun be in that?
The only thing I could report him on would be for being a moron. By the looks of it, that ain't a standard on GameFAQs. Since I'll be gone from there soon, anyhow, there's not much incentive to try to regulate anything.

And besides, once you hear something that ridiculous, the only real response is to sit back and laugh. {^^} KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Kiz... go read the post now. The idiot came back. He's an "author" so don't slip him any crap man. He'll getcha. :P
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Meh, the only difference that I know of between a 13-year old gamer and a 30-year old gamer is that the 30-year old gamer doesn't get their parent's or relatives to sue the gaming industry for blood, sex, and drugs in the game. *shrugs*

As for the post, I read what the guy said, read what everybody said, and chuckled to myself. Quite cute. Honestly, what author writes like that?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

As for the post, I read what the guy said, read what everybody said, and chuckled to myself. Quite cute. Honestly, what author writes like that?

William Faulkner? Oh wait, that was rhetorical... my bad.