a poster on gamefaqs (matt316) claims his copy has arrived

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
LUNARverse
Pao Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

a poster on gamefaqs (matt316) claims his copy has arrived

Post by LUNARverse »

He claims to have ordered his from the ubisoft store and that his arrived today after shipping on the 23rd with free two-day shipping. He says he is from south dakota. I dont really believe him, because he also claims to have not even tried it out yet. That makes me VERY suspicious of his claim. Just thought I would share.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Doesn't seem all that improbable to me, really. Genesis had a release date of Aug 25, which was a Thursday, but I got an email from NCS on the 23rd saying that they expected it in (to New York) the following day, the 24th. Of course, Japan is over half a day ahead, but clearly the shipment was sent off before the official street date there. If Ubi has the games they may well send them out early. Oh, and I didn't open Genesis for several hours after getting it myself.

LUNARverse
Pao Hunter

Post by LUNARverse »

it would be nice if when i went home, it was waiting for me, though I wouldnt get much time with it today. I am taking my wife out to dinner and to see Tim Burton's The Corpse Bride after work tonight. The thing that made me most leary is that he is a poster I have never seen at the gamefaqs Lunar board before, yet he is a lv35 idol (a poster with over 1500 karma ~ I am a 32 legend, with only 394 karma) I dont know, maybe he does have it. I only hope that mine arrives on time period, since I live in south Louisiana. My zipcode wasnt affected by hurricane katrina and therefore isnt on the fedex delayed list, but I still have to wonder if they are running smoothly in areas close but not affected.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I saw that post too. I think it's fully possible he already recieved it. Sometimes companies mail direct orders out faster than to stores. In fact, it's possible the games may have shipped earlier than expected, and the game will be in stores tomorrow morning, rather than tomorrow afternoon/Wednesday.
-G1

Spirit Icana
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Spirit Icana »

Wow, some people actually have the patience to post on a message board before playing around with there new game purchase. I'd personally rather play the games and forget the internet exists until I'm incrediably bored or something of that like.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Well I bought X-Men Legends II, and didn't play it until a few days after I bought it. Sometimes there are other things going on, that monopolize your time. A lot of stores break street dates, and people buy games or systems earlier than their intended release date. I wouldn't doubt he got the game, but just because he didn't play it immediately doesn't mean he's lying. He bought it directly from the company, so it's no surprise if he received it sooner than expected. We'll all be getting ours tomorrow, OR ELSE! :wink:

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Well I bought X-Men Legends II, and didn't play it until a few days after I bought it. Sometimes there are other things going on, that monopolize your time.

Exactly; or you want to make sure you have a block of time available. Some games (especially RPGs) can be quite time-consuming, and I think it's a lot easier to delay starting than it is to pause half way through.

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

It'll be weeks before I play it, because I don't even have enough money to buy a DS! And yet, I want to buy the game for some reason. Read the manual. :D

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

If you have yet to purchase a DS, try going to Wal*Mart to buy one, because I still see they have some systems that come with Mario 64. I don't know about the other stores, but the one near me still has them. You'll have to deal with the perriwinkle or whatever the hell color it is, because the set is a Wal*Mart exclusive.

LUNARverse
Pao Hunter

Post by LUNARverse »

Well i got home yesterday afternoon and mine had arrived. Let me tell you I wasted no time in tearing of the plastic wrap and trying it out :P