Positive review (GameSpy)

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Positive review (GameSpy)

Post by GhaleonOne »

-G1

laus
Iluk Crackpot

Post by laus »

Just saw it. It's good to see a positive score instead of the usual average ones we've been seeing lately.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

I love that the reviewer was absolutely reasonable. I don't agree with the nearness to the DS thing, though. The microphone can pick my voice up from quite a ways away in Nintendogs. I just think that Dragon Song requires you to blow rather than say "run", so the reviewer just thought that you had to get really close to the mic. Anyway, other than that, I thought it was superb. I told you the 5 point system is better. :D
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, I've never used actual voice for running, just breath. Then again, only about a quarter of the times I've run were deliberate, and I did compulsively bring the DS to about three inches from my face for those instances.

Apocalypse
Lann Fisherman

Post by Apocalypse »

Well, it is good to see at least one positive review on the game. However, unless IGN (and possibly a few other reviews) claim that this game is godly... I might not get it, at least for now. There have been plenty of negative opinions regarding this game ever since the first review, and seeing as most of the reviews give average (at best) scores; I probably won't see this as a "must buy" game. With limited funds, and a lot of upcoming games that are practically (though not certainly) guaranteed to be good, I can't waste money on a below average/barely average game.

Of course, if I hit an RPG drought, when I actually have a decent amount of money, I'll probably end up getting it. For now though, unless there is a HUGE change in the reviews, I'll have to be denied the Lunar universe for now.

Mormon88
Reza Thief

Post by Mormon88 »

well gamestats takes the averages of a lot of big gaming magazines/sites and averages them, along with a few respectable reader's reviews, and averages them. 8.2. not "usual" at all.

http://www.gamestats.com/objects/722/722763/

laus
Iluk Crackpot

Post by laus »

Gamespot just gave it a 6.1 which is no surprise really.

JordAnime
Meryod Yokel

Post by JordAnime »

Good to know the forced walking thing goes away eventually. I think I could really enjoy the game if that were lifted.

Zen
Burg Farmer

Post by Zen »

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

Hmm...

Judging from the collective reviews, Lunar: Dragon Song is decent, but not a stand out, ground-breaking effort. The question is, do we want a ground-breaking stand out, or is decent enough as long as it's Lunar?

I guess the sales will tell. At least the game is being advertised. I've seen numerous ads today online.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, there have been quite a few ads online.

I think it was IGN (might have been GameSpot) mentioned hoping for another DS Lunar that does the gameplay right. I've only played the intro and far enough to save currently. Haven't even left the house Jian's in. I am happy you can move more than four directions. I was under the impression that being isometric, it would be like Dark Saviour on the Saturn and you could only move in 4 locations.
-G1