Weird Woods

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Weird Woods

Post by GhaleonOne »

Kiz, were the Weird Woods translated to Thieve's Woods? Just curious if it was a change, or if they're still there further down the continent?
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Yeah... What was originally Wierd Woods is now Thieves' Woods. It was translated differently than it had been in previous games.

I don't much mind, though. It's quite obvious that its the same patch of forest in SSS/TSS. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

No myst?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The mist was only there in SSSC, blah blah blah. Actually, I don't recall if there's ever a reason given for it other than to force Luna to come with you.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

It's there in Lunar Legend, too, although it doesn't serve any plot point AFAIK (you don't clear it and you can go through it).

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Alunissage wrote:The mist was only there in SSSC, blah blah blah. Actually, I don't recall if there's ever a reason given for it other than to force Luna to come with you.

Spoiler Warning for SSSC:

I always assumed that it was to foreshadow that Luna was Althena. Kind of like Alex curving the statue of Luna, and everyone thought it was Althena.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

We have a spoiler tag...but don't bother with it for the games other than Dragon Song/Genesis. Anyway, what I meant was that there isn't an in-game reason why there should be fog in the forest that would prevent people from going through, and so pervasive that only a spell can get through it.