Status Abnormality Help!

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
MiaOne
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Status Abnormality Help!

Post by MiaOne »

Okay so I'm in the point in the game where I have to go into Roland Forest to prove I'm a man or something...I picked up a job first and had to go back to the four dragons Temple (starts with a D, I'll misspell it and feel stupid) on my way there I must of picked up something. There's no icon in the status box to show that I have a status abnormality but each battle Lucia's MP gets cut by at least 4 points and NOTHING will stop it. I need help bad. Any one have any ideas of just what the heck is happening?
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

SilverOcean
Lyton Singer

Post by SilverOcean »

Do you have her equipped with Strong Umbrella?
Last edited by SilverOcean on Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I believe that's her weapon (Strong Umbrella?) that's costing MP to use -- it loses 5 per successful attack. That was one of the more frustrating items, because there's no way to avoid using either MP or an item in battle with no defend command. However, there should be a new umbrella for sale in the next town which you'll like much better.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Thanks a bunch. Yea, I do have her equiped with that. That's so annoying...I thought it might be something I equiped on her. I just wish I hadn't sold those Wonder Umbrellas... :?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

What the hell, that's why my damn MP was always at 1 with her! I was trippin' all last night.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, I made that discovery with her just after selling the previous umbrellas too. :| I don't recall anything good about that umbrella (other than the usual atk increase) that justifies the penalty.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

It was an unusually high attack for Lucia at that point in the game. That's why there was the MP-use penalty. Though, it was in the item description itself. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Man, the designers like putting annoying things in this game. Sounds like I should avoid using that weapon, and I haven't even started playing yet. :(

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I think I used the Strong Umbrella all the way up to the Cathedral of Althena, in hopes that Jian wouldn't be the one to kill enemies EVERY TIME.

Since Althena statues are plentiful on Caldor and you can use cards or items to recover HP, I figured why not let Lucia burn through her MP?
「まあいいけど。」

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I was flush with cash, so I (Reading this) ignored the damned thing and gave her the Rainbow Umbrella instead (The more expensive one bought in Healriz)

If it costs more, there's a reason for equipping it, after all.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

That umbrella really isn't that bad, though I do wish that you could choose between the double damage for MP or the basic damage in some way. At least she gets the Holy Umbrella shortly thereafter which actually cuts MP costs in half. I hope Flora gets something similar later . . .
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Yea, I thought that MP cut was a bit much for the Strong Umbrella, it really wasn't all that great of an attack too. The weapons are so expensive though. I've had her equiped with the Rainbow Umbrella from Roland Forest through Althena's Cathedral and I just started on the Sangrid bridge. I just don't have the money to get any new weapons and the ones I do BREAK!! WTF. Anyway. I don't like the money systems in DS. Nor do I like the combat verses virtue mode...I mean it's different but when it boils down to it it's just plain annoying because battles are so long and tedious I feel like half my gameplay is just battles. And I really like the story but it really is starting to get overshadowed by this pounding headache that comes with staring at that battle screen for so long.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

The equipment breaking thing is what I dislike most about this game, and there are a lot of enemies on the brigde and in the Frontier that can do that. Having equipment get broken in the Frontier is especially bad.

All I could figure out to deal with it was remember which enemies did it and use a Termite card, and once that ran out, an Asmodei card in every encounter. (Now that I think of it, Asmodei is one of the best cards in the game.)
「まあいいけど。」

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I've gotten to where I've stopped bothering with anything remotely expensive for Lucia. She's the designated healer and doesn't seem to get knocked out as fast as Jian or Gab, so I pimp Jian out fully, spend some on Gab, and then get some items.

Spoiler...

[spoiler]Not like she's gonna be around after the Frontier anyways.[/spoiler]
-G1

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Yea, my biggest complaint from this game is the breaking of items. It's just annoying and it really serve no purpose than to really really really piss you off. Because if your weapon breaks the game doesn't get harder, you're just really really screwed.

ljonesj
Meribian Merchant

Post by ljonesj »

i can agree with that jian attack went from a 40 to a 15 after his shoes broke after he hit 3 times