About Lucia

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

About Lucia

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

This is for anyone who's completed the game . . .

[spoiler]Do I ever get Lucia back? I like Flora and all, but I think Lucia was much better, not to mention that she had two more spells. Plus, she was more of a dedicated healer with the Holy Umbrella which I really liked.[/spoiler]
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

No. Sorry.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Ugh . . . why do they always do that?

[spoiler]The heroines are always my favorite characters and they never really get to participate in many battles. Even though Lucia of EB was around for a long time, she was never controllable. Both Luna and Lucia of DS get taken away fairly early. I just want to have a real healer in the party. Lucia was way better than Flora character-wise as well in my opinion. Does Flora at least get an MP-halving weapon later on? v_v[/spoiler]

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

In the forest or Blue Dragon cave, there's a really nice item that achieves that purpose. It's best used for Gab, though, and instead of healing spells I used the 99-Potions strategy as in FF1. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I mostly used spells, relying on the ring that restores one MP per round. Flora gets lots of HP over time so it worked out.

ljonesj
Meribian Merchant

Post by ljonesj »

since i don't know how to put this in a spolier warning read at risk

[spoiler]i got a question about the lucia in dragon song her hair is a pink color were as luna and lucia of lunar sss and eb have blue hair and althena's hair is also blue that seems strange to me to have lucia of ds to have pink when she the goddess in human form[/spoiler]
Last edited by ljonesj on Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lucca
Student of Vane

Post by Lucca »

I'd uh...go back and black out part of that post since that's a really BIG spoiler. (thankfully I just got to that part, but I'm just sayin')

EDIT: Wow, Shiva Indis and I posted at the exact sime time. Freaky. O_o

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

I edited it to a spoiler tag. No worries.

Unmarked spoilers for DS will be either put into a tag or deleted immediately, just for future notice. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

ljonesj
Meribian Merchant

Post by ljonesj »

okay and thanks and how do you put stuff into spolier warnings for future refernce

Lucca
Student of Vane

Post by Lucca »

ljonesj wrote:okay and thanks and how do you put stuff into spolier warnings for future refernce

Use (spoiler) (/spoiler) but instead of ( & ) marks use [ and ].

I figured this out with trial and error, myself.

As for an answer to your question:

[spoiler] I honestly feel it was a way to throw longtime gamers to Lunar off. I mean, if Lucia had blue hair, you'd automatically think, "Well, she's obviously Althena!". I did figure out fairly early on she was Althena or at the very least a reincarnation not because of her haircolor, but more by her personality. There's one point where Lucia is spazzing and being naggy (In Seris) early on and I was all like " Wow, she's really naggy, kind of like Luna was! ...Wait...aww hells no! ;_;"

Pesonally, I was dissapointed because Game Arts made yet ANOTHER heroine connected (or actually) Althena. It's become uber-predictable to the point of silliness. I would have preferred Lucia being a normal girl who becomes connected to Althena by reasons other than uh..divine birth? [/spoiler]

ljonesj
Meribian Merchant

Post by ljonesj »

[spoiler] me i was shocked and i had played ssscomplete days before i got dragon song [/spoiler]

Lucca
Student of Vane

Post by Lucca »

[spoiler] One thing I was surprised about is how SOON they let the gamer in on Lucia's little secret. Considering the only tipoff is her magic, it seemed to come out of left field. Unless there's any OTHER clues I missed. I figured the truth wouldn't be reveled to 3/4ths to near the end of the game. (note: I'm only halfway now!) [/spoiler]

ljonesj
Meribian Merchant

Post by ljonesj »

[spoiler] right now i am going to get the dragon stuff to become you no what and that was me because i had already seen bits and pieces of flora and she has the same healing spells to so when the took lucia i was why and then i found out and was going omy gosh i did not know i still like to know why her hair is pink and the althena and luna and lucia from the main series are blue haired [/spoiler]

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

From an interview with Youichi Miyaji, president of Game Arts, and Mitsuru Takahashi, president of JAM:

Also, is there a reason that Lucia has pink hair instead of blue hair like other Lunar heroines?
Takahashi: We wanted to distinguish between heroines. Also, we wanted this Lucia to be more youthful.

(In Play Magazine, September 05)

ljonesj
Meribian Merchant

Post by ljonesj »

i see now thanks

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

...please use punctuation, and split your remarks into sentences. I can't understand what you're saying when you just put up a string of words. Capitalization would be nice, too. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Alunissage wrote:(In Play Magazine, September 05)

English or Japanese? Is the rest of the interview posted somewhere?

Regarding Lucca's comment...
[spoiler]When I saw that, my first thought was "again?" I was hoping they'd be a little more original.[/spoiler]

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

[spoiler] Bah. Junk junk. Following common sense changes that shoulda been made to Lucia:Blue Hair. Sings to cast spells. Unoriginal, maybe, but at least it'd be consistant. Now we all have to explain why Althena got a sudden urge to dye her hair. And stop singing. And why in the name of all that is Holy do they give the Goddess Althena a freakin' umbrella. Not like she can't, ya know turn the weather on or off like a lightswitch. Okay, I'm done now. [/spoiler]
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Well, an umbrella is still way better than a frying pan. *Pokes Luna in Legend*

And my only real complaint with this game is . . .

[spoiler]Lucia > Flora AND Rufus > Gabryel! Why do the better character get banished from the party? I mean, Flora doesn't even get Miracle Tears. *Cries*[/spoiler]

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Eclipse, have you finished the game yet? Gabryel's attack isn't so bad.

DevNall, the interview is in English. The interviewer (Chris Hoffman, a very longtime fan of the series (and good friend of mine)) sent questions to GA/JAM and then the answers were translated. The questions had to be approved, alas. The magazine should still be on the stands; I don't think it'd be right to post it while the print one is still available (and Chris is no longer at Play, so I can't easily go through him to the editor to get permission).