Stealing & Breaking Armor/Weapons

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Stealing & Breaking Armor/Weapons

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm just venting here but I'M SICK OF RESTARTING THE BLOODY GAME BECAUSE MY WEAPONS OR ARMOR ARE BROKEN!!! It's bloody well ridiculous and one of the stupidest idea's I've ever seen. I'm in the Sandra Desert and those Fatal Hopperin' scorpion things have made me restart 6 times now in ONE FREAKIN' SCREEN. This is just the dumbest damn invention in the world. Especially when there's no way to earn money to buy new armor/weapons and you're pretty well stuck. You're forced to save the damn game before ever freakin' battle. You try and go for two battles without saving, and you regret it, because you're going to be starting all over. This is just stupid. I can't believe some of the ingenius idiotic things JAM did. This is Lunar. Not some experimental RPG. If you're gauging fan support to keep the series going, why the hell do you wreck the perfect fine gameplay found in the past games? Argh!
-G1

Lucca
Student of Vane

Post by Lucca »

WORD.

I've already restarted in the Vile castle 5 times because something has broken.

I thought that the targetting was the most flawed feature? No way. This is.

I would have accepted it if you could REPAIR your eqiupment, but the fact that you can't PLUS you can't defend in this game (but the fact your enemies can!?) is a horrible horrible flaw.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, the lack of defending just enhances it. I love the story, and the characters are great (albiet some of the reasoning behind actions lack depth) but there are definately gameplay issues that should have been changed. I definately feel they were going for a "realistic" approach, but I want to play an RPG to be emersed in it. Not to restart every 5 minutes because I've broken a 10,000 silver piece of equipment that would take me an hours worth of courier jobs to replace. And in the case of the Frontier, no way TO replace it if you're not loaded before entering.
-G1

Lucca
Student of Vane

Post by Lucca »

Another thing that fustrates me is that combat is severely unbalanced. Why is it Jian can take things down without even flinching while everyone else sucks compaired to him? To me that screams 'Problem!'.

I'm halfway through the game now. I doubt this'll change.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Just wait until he gets magic. I've had him take down the entire attacking party in one turn.
Last edited by DevNall on Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I feel that pain. Having the Frontier crawling with equip breakers was NOT a smart move on JAM's part. But you don't have to just accept it.

Not when Termite stops that -Dragon Diamond- cold, and Asmodei decreases the enemies' accuracy.
「まあいいけど。」

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about using a card to stop it. Thanks for reminding me. That'll make life a lot easier.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Hehe, had I known about the cards I probably wouldn't have written that 3 page or so email to you complaining about the battle system. I was SO mad. That was in the Frontier as well; five dungeons in a row bloody sucks. Especially with no cash and no healing in the middle, forcing me to either run back to town (which I dislike) or clear every area so I can get that 30% heal (which is what I did). I started to get pretty good at estimating how many specials I could use to still be restored to full MP at the end.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:I started to get pretty good at estimating how many specials I could use to still be restored to full MP at the end.

That's why I really liked the HP/MP restoration bit. It got you able to use magic in non-boss battles (sort of like what Tales of Phantasia did with restoring some MP after each fight). Towards the end, I could usually use magic on about 70% of my battles if I spaced it out properly... Though there was the occasional attack of 7-8 monsters, where I had Jian and Gab each do their stuff and take them all out. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)