Serious questions aboutu the ending (obvious spoilers)

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Lucca
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Serious questions aboutu the ending (obvious spoilers)

Post by Lucca »

I'll spoiler tag this just in case:

[spoiler] I seriously did not understand two aspects of the ending. While I understood that Althena was reborn (and actually reborn, not just hiding as) Lucia, the game made it sound like this was a 'final rebirth'. While that's fine and all...what does taht mean for SSS? So wait, are we to believe that Althena lives regardless and does all this jizz all over again? What the hell!?

Secondly, why the heck does Titus randomly turn into a flying fairy? SO CONFUSED. Can anyone give me a theory or clarify these two points, because it seriously soured the otherwise decent (YET SHORT :() ending to the point of 'omg why did I bother?!'. Very bad note to end on :([/spoiler]

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

[spoiler]I think the dialouge hosed the Lucia as Althena thing. I had understood, at least from earlier scripts, that she was reborn as Althena, but not as a final time. More of a prelude to the final rebirth in SSS. I'm not sure about SSS, but TSS was very keen on saying the Goddess had been reborn many times in the past. I'm pretty sure that was in SSS as well, but perhaps someone can confirm that.

Regarding Titus as a fairy, I think that was cool. :P Lunar has fairies, but we never found out anything about them. We apparently now know that they can be transformed into humans. Makes me think perhaps Ghaleon can do that.[/spoiler]
-G1

Lucca
Student of Vane

Post by Lucca »

[spoiler] The only problem with the Titus is a fairy portion of the story is there's virtually no clue that he IS one. It totally comes out of left field. [/spoiler]

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

GhaleonOne wrote:[spoiler]I think the dialouge hosed the Lucia as Althena thing. I had understood, at least from earlier scripts, that she was reborn as Althena, but not as a final time. More of a prelude to the final rebirth in SSS. I'm not sure about SSS, but TSS was very keen on saying the Goddess had been reborn many times in the past. I'm pretty sure that was in SSS as well, but perhaps someone can confirm that.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I believe in SSS, it was said she had been reborn before, but the way it was said lead me to believe this was the first one in HUMAN form.[/spoiler]

GhaleonOne wrote:[spoiler]Regarding Titus as a fairy, I think that was cool. :P Lunar has fairies, but we never found out anything about them. We apparently now know that they can be transformed into humans. Makes me think perhaps Ghaleon can do that.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Yay! Maybe this could be the reason to bring him up again in Lunar 3. ;)

(Actually, I'm going to have to agree with Lucca on this one. If there had been more about fairies in the game, then it would have been way cooler.)[/spoiler]