Lunar: DS is no good

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Alunissage »

Angelalex242 wrote:Well...

I can't say I wish debate to be ended. I enjoy it too much.

But it should be...civilized.

PDFed for posterity!

knuckles90
Lostest Boy

Post by knuckles90 »

I like this game i think its really fun and yeah some things are bad about it but i mean all together i think its pretty fun

jatss
Burg Farmer

Post by jatss »

:arrow: >:( lunar dragon song rocks is the best :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

lioyd
BANNED

Post by lioyd »

I like this game i think its really fun and yeah some things are bad about it but i mean all together i think its pretty fun

> lunar dragon song rocks is the best

have you finished the game ?!!:P
I mean you must be kidding me this game's rating is 6.3out of 10 and beleive me thats really bad.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

lioyd wrote:I mean you must be kidding me this game's rating is 6.3out of 10 and beleive me thats really bad.

I'm feeling that a bit of a reality check is in order. 50% is average. Thus, 63% is slightly better than average.

If Lunar Dragon Song was a test, JAM would've gotten an F. But this is not junior high, it's analysis of a product. Many people seem to lose sight of that.
「まあいいけど。」

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

Above average, yes, but far below what we've come to expect from LUNAR. Granted, two of the most important creators weren't even on the development team, so that was a big obstacle already, one they couldn't overcome.

Even though it was a major disappointment, I'm playing it through again to find all the items, and get the REALLY tough four star jobs from Gad's Express. Also, it helps for a fanfic I'm writing based on the game's events. More on that later.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Bravo 29 wrote:Above average, yes, but far below what we've come to expect from LUNAR. Granted, two of the most important creators weren't even on the development team, so that was a big obstacle already, one they couldn't overcome.

Actually, I think Shigema was involved, so that means only 1 of the important creators wasn't involved.

Though, Shigema never wrote the dialogue itself. I'm saying this because early storyboard docs sound exactly like his writing style. There's no author attributed to them, but I seem to recall getting some confirmation of my theory that it was Shigema. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, I'm under the impression that Shigema probably created the basic story, then moved on to Grandia III and JAM internally developed the story from there. Had Shigema done everything with the scenario, I don't see how he wouldn't have been listed.
-G1

lioyd
BANNED

Post by lioyd »

:( lets just hope the new lunar will rock the world . I hated lunar ds very much. but that doesn't mean that I will stop playing all the lunar games because after all lunar is lunar.:wink: