Lunar: DS is no good

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
lioyd
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar: DS is no good

Post by lioyd »

Would someone tell me why tha amazing lunar fallen to the floor Imean this game really sucks everything was stupid!!!

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

No Flaming, please.

Many of us disagree with certain elements of the game, but there are more elegant ways to phrase it.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: LUNAR DRAGON SONG SUCKS!!!

Post by NallOne »

lioyd wrote:Would someone tell me why tha amazing lunar fallen to the floor Imean this game really sucks everything was stupid!!!

I can't find the words.

Ah, yes. Here is a suggestion: How about you state the things about the game that made it "suck" so badly, use fewer exclamation points, and actually try to start a topic that leaves room for conversation?
- Mike

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

There, I changed the title to something that doesn't sound idiotic.

Now the next step is for you to post in English. That means actual sentences. Punctuation helps. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Jyd3n
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jyd3n »

Hey, if you don't like the game then sell it, get a refund or play it. Although the game has it's problems, like breaking armor, and weapons, lack of choosing who you can attack, at least they are still making a game. It really isn't that bad so stop griping about it or explain why you don't like it.

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

It's no Silver Star, but I still found it to be an enjoyable game.

Wolfman_Samurai
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Wolfman_Samurai »

:: sigh:: it's these kinda noobs that make me upset. :? So if I were to say that I think The game looks interesting, and the wepons and armor system is cool whould that make me " stupid!!!". Please if your going to try and start a flame war do it somwwhere else. These boards are a haven to fans the "Lunar loyal". Besides all that there are already several topics talking about what is wrong and waht is great about DS.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Lunar: DS is no good

Post by Aaron »

lioyd wrote:Would someone tell me why tha amazing lunar fallen to the floor Imean this game really sucks everything was stupid!!!

I dont think this person is a "noob" they're just stating hte obvious...UBI dropped the ball BIG TIME.

although everything might not hvae been "stoopid" the story sux, the translation sux, the ending sux, and...there is just no real develpment...you ugys are immiature to say this perosn is flaming...

they have the right to voice theiro own opinion on a game or on anything for that.. Just cause this sperons doesn't agree doesn't mean anything...

so cool ur jetz...

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

so cool ur jetz...

Actually, you can stop policing the boards. That's against the rules.

The problem isn't that he can't have complaints, but rather the manner he posted it. The original topic title was something like "LUNAR DRAGON SONG SUCKS HARDCORE!!!!!!!" with all caps. Following that, the message boy is just as useless, as it's barely one useless line flaming the game. There was no backup for why he stated it, he just did. That's called flaming. Check the rules. That's in there too.

I have no problems with people griping about the game. Just post something more than a lame all caps topic title and one line post saying absolutely nothing to give your opinion some validity. Posting "this game sucks" does nothing, and is a worthless post. If you're going to post about the problems the game has, feel totally free. Just don't post useless crap. And don't come in -Borgan- when someone calls you on it.
-G1

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

GhaleonOne wrote:
Actually, you can stop policing the boards. That's against the rules.

Excuse me? "Policing the boards?" Look, I don't care if your the admin or anything, but sticking up for people when others are making personal attacks against someone is not "Policing". Thats rediculous, I have every right to say what I want when I want. I don't have the power to stop people from doing stuff, but i do have the power to point out when people do stupid stuff to each other and call them on absurd charges against each other.

If I were "Policing" I'd have more then 40 posts, cause this isn't the first time people have flammed people on this board. It's funny cause most of you I can tell consider yourselves sorces of knowledge on this board, yet nearly everytime you argue it boils down to a flame. How empty is that? Sure you might know a lot about Lunar, BUT DAMN ITS JUST A GAME!!! There really is no right or wrong!!!

GhaleonOne wrote:
The problem isn't that he can't have complaints, but rather the manner he posted it. The original topic title was something like "LUNAR DRAGON SONG SUCKS HARDCORE!!!!!!!" with all caps.

Why are you even editing what people have to say? No one even gave the person any time to respond I bet...all these people did was point out he's flaming, no one bothered to say, "Hey, why do you think that?".

The way in which everyone responded to him was FLAMING!!!

jeez...

talk about double standards.

GhaleonOne wrote:
I have no problems with people griping about the game. Just post something more than a lame all caps topic title and one line post saying absolutely nothing to give your opinion some validity. Posting "this game sucks" does nothing, and is a worthless post. If you're going to post about the problems the game has, feel totally free. Just don't post useless crap. And don't come in -Borgan- when someone calls you on it.

Agreed.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

:roll:

Calm down.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Excuse me? "Policing the boards?" Look, I don't care if your the admin or anything, but sticking up for people when others are making personal attacks against someone is not "Policing". Thats rediculous, I have every right to say what I want when I want. I don't have the power to stop people from doing stuff, but i do have the power to point out when people do stupid stuff to each other and call them on absurd charges against each other.

Actually, yes it is. Policing the boards is when you try to take matters into your own hands, rather than letting an admin take care of something.

If I were "Policing" I'd have more then 40 posts,

What the hell does post count have to do with policing? Do you even understand the definition of policing? You only need one post to be able to police a board.

cause this isn't the first time people have flammed people on this board. It's funny cause most of you I can tell consider yourselves sorces of knowledge on this board, yet nearly everytime you argue it boils down to a flame. How empty is that? Sure you might know a lot about Lunar, BUT DAMN ITS JUST A GAME!!! There really is no right or wrong!!!

What the hell are you talking about? I've seen a few heavy debates, but if there was any flaming, it was taken care of. If you find a post that could be considered flaming, tell an admin, and they'll decide if they need to take care of it. Go check out some other boards. While I do think some people on this board can come across as elitest on occassion, they don't even compare to many other forums. If you think the Lunar discussions on these boards are flaming, you haven't been around the gaming forum block buddy.

Why are you even editing what people have to say?

Because I have every damn right to. This site is operated, owned, paid for and maintained by ME. Freedom of speech on these boards is a privaledge, not a right. When someone makes an obnoxious all-caps post, I have EVERY right to tone it down.

No one even gave the person any time to respond I bet...all these people did was point out he's flaming, no one bothered to say, "Hey, why do you think that?".

He flamed Lunar Dragon Song. That's why people are calling him on it. Posting "THIS GAME SUX!!!" without backing it up with even a shred of evidence to a "this game sux" claim is considered flaming a game. Hence why people are calling it a flaming post. If he came in and said "This game sucks. It has x problems, and I dislike how they did x thing." it would have been different, but as I've said at least twice now, all he did was post some "THIS GAME SUX!!!" topic with the same message body.

And for the record, people DID ask him "why do you think that":

NallOne wrote:Ah, yes. Here is a suggestion: How about you state the things about the game that made it "suck" so badly, use fewer exclamation points, and actually try to start a topic that leaves room for conversation?

jyd3n wrote:or explain why you don't like it.

The guy has had every right to come and state why he thinks that, and people won't call him out on the comment. He hasn't done so. You can defend his comments all you want, but arguing against others for telling him to stop flaming a game without any backup is ridiculous.

jeez...

Again, how did anyone flame him? Go back and read everyone's posts. A few people got heavy with him for flaming a game, but they had every right to. The guy didn't back up a damn thing in his opinion.

Agreed.

How the hell can you post "Agreed" to what I said right after arguing against it? That would be a true double standard there buddy.

The point is, when someone comes in and states "This game sucks." without ANY proof of their claim, it tends to piss off folks that liked the game. If you can't post a reason for an opinion like that, it's called flamebait, which is exactly what this post was. If you don't like the way these boards are run, by all means, noone's stopping you from leaving.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Um, hello? I edited the topic, not G1.

You should likely take note. G1's generally the mellow one. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

GhaleonOne wrote:

Actually, yes it is. Policing the boards is when you try to take matters into your own hands, rather than letting an admin take care of something.

If I were "Policing" I'd have more then 40 posts,

What the hell does post count have to do with policing? Do you even understand the definition of policing? You only need one post to be able to police a board.

cause this isn't the first time people have flammed people on this board. It's funny cause most of you I can tell consider yourselves sorces of knowledge on this board, yet nearly everytime you argue it boils down to a flame. How empty is that? Sure you might know a lot about Lunar, BUT DAMN ITS JUST A GAME!!! There really is no right or wrong!!!

What the hell are you talking about? I've seen a few heavy debates, but if there was any flaming, it was taken care of. If you find a post that could be considered flaming, tell an admin, and they'll decide if they need to take care of it. Go check out some other boards. While I do think some people on this board can come across as elitest on occassion, they don't even compare to many other forums. If you think the Lunar discussions on these boards are flaming, you haven't been around the gaming forum block buddy.

Why are you even editing what people have to say?

Because I have every damn right to. This site is operated, owned, paid for and maintained by ME. Freedom of speech on these boards is a privaledge, not a right. When someone makes an obnoxious all-caps post, I have EVERY right to tone it down.

No one even gave the person any time to respond I bet...all these people did was point out he's flaming, no one bothered to say, "Hey, why do you think that?".

He flamed Lunar Dragon Song. That's why people are calling him on it. Posting "THIS GAME SUX!!!" without backing it up with even a shred of evidence to a "this game sux" claim is considered flaming a game. Hence why people are calling it a flaming post. If he came in and said "This game sucks. It has x problems, and I dislike how they did x thing." it would have been different, but as I've said at least twice now, all he did was post some "THIS GAME SUX!!!" topic with the same message body.

And for the record, people DID ask him "why do you think that":

NallOne wrote:Ah, yes. Here is a suggestion: How about you state the things about the game that made it "suck" so badly, use fewer exclamation points, and actually try to start a topic that leaves room for conversation?

jyd3n wrote:or explain why you don't like it.

The guy has had every right to come and state why he thinks that, and people won't call him out on the comment. He hasn't done so. You can defend his comments all you want, but arguing against others for telling him to stop flaming a game without any backup is ridiculous.

jeez...

Again, how did anyone flame him? Go back and read everyone's posts. A few people got heavy with him for flaming a game, but they had every right to. The guy didn't back up a damn thing in his opinion.

Agreed.

How the hell can you post "Agreed" to what I said right after arguing against it? That would be a true double standard there buddy.

The point is, when someone comes in and states "This game sucks." without ANY proof of their claim, it tends to piss off folks that liked the game. If you can't post a reason for an opinion like that, it's called flamebait, which is exactly what this post was. If you don't like the way these boards are run, by all means, noone's stopping you from leaving.

consider me immature, i dont care i'm leaving and not comming back

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Bye!
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

To be honest, I wouldn't call the initial post flaming, since that's something I associate with insulting a person. Flamebait, definitely.

I'm not sure I see why "cool your jets" is more policing than "No Flaming" or "calm down", both of which are also present in this thread. That first one in particular seemed far more like policing to me. People tell other people to calm down all the time...I should know. :P

Mind, I'm not defending the behavior of either the initial poster or Aaron, just disagreeing with those two usages.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Re: Lunar: DS is no good

Post by Werefrog »

Aaron wrote:they have the right to voice theiro own opinion on a game or on anything for that

This is something that's alwasys bothered me. People need to understand that freedom of speech works both ways. Sure he can voice his opinion(I would barely call his post an opinion), but we can voice our opinions too.

Doesn't really matter though since here the full extent of our freedom of speech is determined by G1 as he stated.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

GhaleonOne wrote:Bye!

You...crack me up.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

lioyd
BANNED

Post by lioyd »

the one who made this topic says: would everyone just shut up i am right lunar ds sucks there are only 3 allies in the party I love lunar but i haited this game because i couldnt get money to buy some weapons the idea of gad express is really crap and every one new who joins the party starts at level 1 so shut up!

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I went to English class yesterday my teacher told me what a run-on is it's a sentence where you put two complete thoughts together without a comma and coordinating conjunction, a semi-colon, or a colon apparently punctuation is important. :wink: