I CANT SAVE MY GAME!!!!!! :(

For discussion of Lunar: Dragon Song (Lunar: Genesis), the only Lunar game on the DS
Thundermac10
Meryod Yokel
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

I CANT SAVE MY GAME!!!!!! :(

Post by Thundermac10 »

Okay I'm going to sound like a TOTAL freak...but here is goes...I have been playing Dragon Song for a month or so. I haven't turned my DS off in over a month...why? Because [b]THE GAME WONT LET ME SAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have asked people as Gamestop, EB, Gamecrazy, Ubisoft..and NOTHING! No one seems to know what is wrong! Please..someone help me! I've beaten 2 dragons so far and am to scared to go ferther because if I die I'm going to lose about 14 hours worth of gameplay!

~Rob~

Roas Atrades
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Roas Atrades »

I don't have the game, so I cannot help, but I have to ask.

When you first started the game, and you couldn't save right away....

Why didn't you just return it and get a new copy? Clearly this is a bug, and I know Gamestop is not assinine about returning defective copies of games.
Free your mind and let your dreams fly, -me

Mychael216
Meribian Merchant

Post by Mychael216 »

I've heard of this glitch once before. I think some copies of the game are just messed up...

Try returning it. If that doesn't work, I'm sorry.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

You're going to kill your DS.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I've heard it's a bug as well. Whether it's triggered by something in the game, or if it's just certain copies of the game, I don't know.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Werefrog wrote:You're going to kill your DS.

Eh, I haven't had much of a problem with it, and I hardly turned it off at all when playing the import. It goes to sleep if you close it and stays in that state quite a while. Actually, my DS is probably still on even though I haven't touched it in three weeks at least. I'll have to check when I get home.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Well, I suppose it makes it more interesting if you can't die.

There are only a couple of locations where you can't save, and those are major locales. Otherwise, if you really can't save in normal screens, then it's some sort of bug. I've had no problems with saving, so it might just be some copies of the game.

...I think it's best if you cut it off and try to return the game. Or just start over and see if the bug is there. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

You haven't turned off your DS in over a month? Wow, those must be some high tech batteries....

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

You can plug it into the wall. It's not JUST battery powered. Still, that might do a number on the electric bill.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, any real gaming unit can be plugged into the wall, but no one said anything about having an adapter to keep it running.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Angelalex242 wrote:You can plug it into the wall. It's not JUST battery powered. Still, that might do a number on the electric bill.

Yeah, it might increase it by about 25 cents at the end of the month, tops.

The DS doesn't consume very much energy. And when it's closed (in 'sleep' mode) without turning the game off, it consumes almost zero energy. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Dark-Mist
NPC

Post by Dark-Mist »

Wow ive never heard of that, ive had no problem with my game. but its bad for your ds being turned on 24/7 i think you oughtta return it and get a replacement. you will have to start again but at least you dont have to keep it plugged in and worry about dieing so much.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Now that I think about it, I've had some intermittent troubles with that function that keeps you from saving myself.

My end-of-the-final-dungeon save is not quite at the end of the dungeon, because the save-blocking function initializes (seemingly at random) in the 4 towers section. I have loaded that save a few times since completing the game and it's been a little bit different every time. Once the save-blocking was off, and I was able to advance my save. Other times I couldn't save, warp, or even walk out of the dungeon.
「まあいいけど。」

JianCampbell
Burg Farmer

Post by JianCampbell »

Go to the systems screen and select save from there. Morons

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Or perhaps instead of insulting people, you might pay attention and realize there is actually a bug in select copies of the game that keep people from saving. Make insults like that again and you'll find yourself temp-banned. On top of that, was there really any point in reviving a 2 month old thread to insult someone? I'd say you're the moron for not bothering to read the rules before posting. Consider that an official warning.
-G1

JianCampbell
Burg Farmer

Post by JianCampbell »

All right! I was a little harsh calling you lot morons! But honestly, you do go to the main menu, select system, and you will see a save option from there!

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yes, and most people can figure that out. Again though, the problem isn't finding the save feature within the menu system. Some people have defective copies that bugs out and won't let them save.
-G1

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

JianCampbell wrote:All right! I was a little harsh calling you lot morons! But honestly, you do go to the main menu, select system, and you will see a save option from there!

If you had you read the previous thread, you would know that the issue is with a bug in the game that disables the save menu.

If you're not going to read any posts here, and just revive old threads to call people names, then we don't want you here. If you wish to contribute something to these forums, though, then by all means, go right on ahead. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

JianCampbell
Burg Farmer

Post by JianCampbell »

Hav you tried gamestation? I went there with my bugged dragonball z:supersonic warriors 2 and they fixed it.