Request for Ordered Music List

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the original game for the Sega CD
Quantam
Meryod Yokel

Request for Ordered Music List

Postby Quantam » Sat May 23, 2020 9:45 pm

Hi, all, I'm a programmer, reverse-engineer, and music archivist who recently has been uploading stuff to the Video Game Music Preservation Foundation. About two weeks ago I discovered the Lunar series, and as I've been collecting music since the mid 90s wondered how this series flew under my radar for nearly 3 decades.

I'm currently preparing the Eternal Blue soundtrack for upload (and yes, Lunar-Net can have it too if desired), which means reverse-engineering the game to figure out how the format works, and I'm a couple days away from being ready to upload (still have to figure out WTH the purpose of this bizarre channel progression system is in the streaming code). However, what I'm lacking is a list of music tracks in the order they are first encountered in game (e.g. opening cinematic, title theme [...] end credits), which is a requirement for VGMPF. Does anybody happen to have such a list or can produce one within a short amount of time? If not I'll have to play through the game to make a list, but that will delay upload by several weeks as I'm currently playing SSSC, which would be followed by TSS, then EB.

Why might you care to help me? Well, if you really want better versions of the music, as well as the two music tracks that are not supported by PCM2WAV, a few weeks sooner than you'd get it otherwise. By better versions I mean I am reverse-engineering all features of the PCM format, not just the obvious sign-magnitude sample format. Currently I have looping working, which will allow me to upload looped and faded out versions which are far less jarring than the current versions (if only there were an audio format that supported infinite looping I could use that...); stereo tracks are also supported, which means the two tracks PCM2WAV can't convert.

Attached is a looped sample (L) and a fully implemented one with reverb (R).
Attachments
RP005R.zip
(2.7 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
RP005L.7z
(3.08 MiB) Downloaded 1 time

Quantam
Meryod Yokel

Re: Request for Ordered Music List

Postby Quantam » Mon May 25, 2020 1:14 am

Strange channel shenanigans have been identified as software reverb. Reverse-engineering is complete. Attached a version with everything implemented (R) to original post.

Return to “Lunar: Eternal Blue”