Eternal Blue Music on VGMPF

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the original game for the Sega CD
Quantam
Meribian Merchant
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Eternal Blue Music on VGMPF

Post by Quantam »

Finally got around to uploading this. The music of EB is now up on VGMPF for your listening pleasure (thanks to Maou for the track names and order). I also put up a page on the PCM format it uses, for the curious. I'll also be putting up my conversion code at some point, but haven't done that yet.

I hate writing text like descriptions for games, so as always feel free to contribute to the pages (I've now got both the originals and 1 of the remakes up).

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Eternal Blue Music on VGMPF

Post by Temzin »

One of the neat things about Quantum's work here is that he's gotten one of the many cool MCD-only tracks (grievously missing from the inferior remake), the Ancient Ruins song from Lionhead, Dragon's Nest, etc., to actually play correctly outside of the game by getting the reverb to work! Longtime EB fans probably remember the disappointment of extracting this track in the 1990s using the PCM-to-WAV tool, only to find that it does not work in mono at all when not in-game.
aka Maou

Quantam
Meribian Merchant

Re: Eternal Blue Music on VGMPF

Post by Quantam »

If that's one of the tracks I'm thinking, it didn't have to do with reverb. It was simply that the track was stereo. At least that's what's different about 2 tracks. I can't say for sure whether that's what the problem is as I've never used PCM2WAV, but that's my guess. Handling the reverb is just for authenticity (since the reverb is specified in the file format itself, rather than being part of the sound system in general).