Last Boss

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
Ghaleon101
Burg Farmer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Ghaleon101 »

Dragonmaster Lou wrote:
Ghaleon101 wrote:
Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:i don't think ghaleon has a battle nearly as hard as fighting zophar.
I forgot about zophar. Zophar is one hard boss. I still have trouble beating him.
Zophar (especially in the Sega CD EB) is one of those rare bosses where even if you go in with the perfect strategy, he can still kick your ass if you're unlucky. I remember one time (probably my 4th or 5th time through EB) where I saw the tell-tale dark shadow of Hell Wave appearing on screen. No problem -- I tell my party to flee or attack depending on the location of the shadow and they'll be fine. Well, unfortunately, that panty-waist must've gotten a really good "initiative roll" that round relative to Hiro and co. and managed to cast Hell Wave before any of my party could avoid the shadow. :( That sucked.
Zophar was one tough boss. It took me a long time to beat him on the ps1 version. I do agree that zophar is much tougher than ghaleon in terms of being hard.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Ghaleon101 wrote: Zophar was one tough boss. It took me a long time to beat him on the ps1 version. I do agree that zophar is much tougher than ghaleon in terms of being hard.
I didn't think he was that hard after learning Triple Sword. I tried to beat him beofre that, and I found it impossible.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Oh, it's possible to beat him without Triple Sword. It's just that much more difficult. ^^;;;

Though agreed, Zophar is tougher.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Ghaleon101
Burg Farmer

Post by Ghaleon101 »

Werefrog wrote:
Ghaleon101 wrote: Zophar was one tough boss. It took me a long time to beat him on the ps1 version. I do agree that zophar is much tougher than ghaleon in terms of being hard.
I didn't think he was that hard after learning Triple Sword. I tried to beat him beofre that, and I found it impossible.
It has been awhile since I played the game so I forgot about the triple sword. I did try to beat him without the sword I just could not do it. No matter how many times I tried. The triple sword made it a lot easier.

AlexofBurg
Lostest Boy

Post by AlexofBurg »

I don't know if it's because I beat SSSC for the first time at a younger age (around 10) than I did when I beat EBC (last year, 15) but I found Ghaleon to be tougher than Zophar.

After about 10 times through, he's really easy now, though.

Nall.TWK
Lostest Boy

Post by Nall.TWK »

honestly had I attempted to even get far enough to Ghaleon in Lunar when I was 10 years old, I would've failed miserably. around that age FF6 was my first game, and that alone was difficult. When I did first play Lunar though, I finished the game just fine, with a little bit of struggle. I found Zophar to be harder because he was more complicated. depending on how you fought him, or what parts of him you fought first, he'd suddenly start using powerful spells, and instant death spells, killing off my party quicker than he would've before I even started fighting him. I did use triple sword, and even then, he was still difficult. I remember doing enough damage with Leo, to inflict over 1000 damage with one of his attacks(can't remember the name). I always thought it was interesting to inflict four digit number of damage when playing Lunar.
君と私でヒューヒューあつい鼓動刻んだら可愛い猫耳つけて二人でゴロゴロしましょう♪

Metalking84
Meryod Yokel

Re: Last Boss

Post by Metalking84 »

I kept retrying to beat him. i did. at lvl 45,47 and 36. so thanks for all your help. it really help alot.

Helios
Meryod Yokel

Re: Last Boss

Post by Helios »

I was on level 42... Took me 41 tries. Zophar in two took me 55. I was 13 years old, and I was under leveled:(