Last Boss

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
Metalking84
Meryod Yokel
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Last Boss

Post by Metalking84 »

I want to know how to beat the Magic Empior. The last one when you find althena. I need help :( Has any one got that far?

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Bwhahaha. Of course we've goten that far. "TIME TO DIE!!" You might as well mute the game now :P

Anyway if you aren't between levels 45 and 50 he's going to kill you. So my first question...are you between level 45 and 50? You're doomed if you say no. Well, at least according to the strategy guide.

You're going to need a lot of starlights, silverlights, Healing Rings, Protection Rings, and Angel Rings too. So yeah, if you don't have those, you're pretty much Ghaleon's mush for the morning.

And if you really must know what the strategy guide tells you to do....

Alex-Vigor in the first round and then Sword Dance to attack. UNLESS Jessica has to revive one of your undead and then use Dragon Healing.

Nash- Thunderbolt or items. He's a useless hairpiece.

Mia- alternate between Flame Bomb and casting Power Drive and Ice Shell on various party member.

Kyle- Power Up in first round and then Power Slash there after.

Jessica- Saint Litany in the first round and then Calm Litany or Miracle Litany depending on your party status.

And it's long...so CHOOSE WISELY.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Genocide
Pao Hunter

Post by Genocide »

Another tip, hopefully you get Hell Ring from Damon. I equipped Alex with it for his Blue Dragon healing and White Dragon protect. They help a lot. If you're still too weak, there is an Althena Statue in the Althena's Tower. Just level up some more. Good luck.

Chris
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Chris »

I still can't beat him. I remember when I was complaining a few months ago that he kept beating the crap out of me. I don't think I've tried since then. I really need to just start up a game of EB.

:x

Craig
Saith Pirate

Post by Craig »

Like Mia said, you have to be leveled up nicely.
-CS

Drake-Dark
Meribian Merchant

Post by Drake-Dark »

Its a tough battle, but I made it. Not sure how though. Helps if you run into every minion you see and battle them, so my level was a little higher then that. (not to mention I'm a notoris Silver horder, so I kept buying the best armor that I could get). EB, on the other hand, haven't been able to get beyond the first boss (but thats more to an evil copy of the disc)
"I could never fight without my clothes on...I'd keep tripping over my sword. Heh heh heh....." -Kyle

Althena's_Courtier
Student of Vane

Post by Althena's_Courtier »

Very interesting....I was slain a million times and I leveled with 51 and nearly beat him...I still haven't beat the monkey...very frustrating.

Drake/ nice sig. :P

Etherest
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Etherest »

If you're out of ideas and you still can't beat 'em, you should consider equiping everyone with all your Silver Lights and going all out on him...
It worked for me, at LV44...
Okay, Hacker, listen up. I am tired of your fake assumptions! What is your problem?! Do you just like to mess with 14 year olds, who KNOW they don't lie to people at a site they consider HOME?!! PM ME NOW!

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Yup, at Level 51 it really shouldn't be that hard, unless you're short on supplies (keep that in mind--since he levels up like you do, you're less likely to outlast him if you don't have enough HP and MP refillers). If that's the case, just kills guys around the statue in the tower so they drop you stuff, I suppose. If Hell Wave gives you trouble, move your guys around on the field so they're not all in line to get hit by that. Nothing else should be much of a problem at 51.
aka Maou

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

For some reason I ended up taking a somewhat different strategy. See, my housemate thought there'd be a goddess statue just past Xenobia, so we went forward after defeating her and landed in the battle with Ghaleon without healing up or reloading anyone's inventories. And without saving, too. We'd already equipped Mia with a chiro tail or two and Alex with the Hell Ring. Mia and Nash were the fastest, so they cast attack magic constantly. Alex cast Dragon Protect every round, unless only one person's protection had been cancelled by Ghaleon in the previous round, in which case Mia cast Ice Shell on that person and Alex attacked. Jessica healed (duh) and Kyle doled out items. Took a while, but it worked. I have no recollection of what levels everyone was. We were so sleepy that at the end of the battle we saved and quit without even doing any of the scene afterward.

A l e x
Nanza Bandit

Post by A l e x »

Doesn't matter what level you are, as he levels up with you. Just keep increasing Alex's and Kyle's attack power and using power slash and sword dance. That's all you need to do.
I have the Italien Remix of Spark in the Dark.
It's much better.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Level does matter in that the party's stats do not necessarily increase the same way the bosses' do. And obviously early on it matters as the party members gain new spells/skills with higher levels. And the bosses stop levelling up after Alex's level 50 anyway.

A l e x
Nanza Bandit

Post by A l e x »

You sure know your stuff.
I have the Italien Remix of Spark in the Dark.
It's much better.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

A l e x wrote:You sure know your stuff.

lol Yes, she sure does! She's probably beaten the game a lot. And it plainly states it in the strat guide as well that Alex should be a certain level :roll:

Hirohiigo Togashi
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Hirohiigo Togashi »

I've beaten this battle somewhere around 8 times. My first time beating it, I was level 42. Second... I was 32. That was hard, but I was proud of myself when I won. The other times were just going back to the old save files and beating him again.

It took me about 3 tries to beat him the first time.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

MiaOne wrote:
A l e x wrote:You sure know your stuff.

lol Yes, she sure does! She's probably beaten the game a lot. And it plainly states it in the strat guide as well that Alex should be a certain level :roll:

To be honest, I've only finished the game once, in 1999. :oops: I just have a good memory.

I did play up to the Blue Dragon Shrine a second time, but I got distracted and later my save was deleted, or something like that. I had decided to play it through again with the guide in hand, and it was coming apart from propping it open, so I think I stopped because of that. Meant to take it up again when I got a new guide, but never did.

lyn
Burg Farmer

Post by lyn »

Ha if the bosses stop leveling up at 50 my alex was 55 when i beat it the game the 1st time anyway to beat'em on turn 1 power up with alex and kyle jess dosen't have to do anything nash use thunderbolt and mia powers up alex. On turn 2 sword dance with alex power slash with kyle (i think) jess heals who needs it mia powers up kyle nash dose thunderbolt again. and later in the fight use healing items for magic and try not to let any 1 die cuz u need to bring back to life then that might make some 1 else die cuz ( if jess dose no one gets healed and if any 1 else uses item they lose there attacking turn) so thats about all i can help it took me about half an hour to beat him.
im a swordsmen and im in karate. really!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Um. Punctuation. We appreciate it here.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Alunissage wrote:To be honest, I've only finished the game once, in 1999. :oops: I just have a good memory.

I did play up to the Blue Dragon Shrine a second time, but I got distracted and later my save was deleted, or something like that. I had decided to play it through again with the guide in hand, and it was coming apart from propping it open, so I think I stopped because of that. Meant to take it up again when I got a new guide, but never did.

It's okay, you're forgiven...this time :P

My SSSC Strad Guide split as the seams as well though it was because I stupidly let someone borrow it.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I made that mistake with some guides for SNES RPGs. I let someone borrow them, by the time I got them back, the front cover to one of them was almost completely torn off and taped back together, and the seam was ruined on the other.

And my SSSC guide is in bad shape due to someone spilling water on it. Gr.
-G1