Lunar SSSC Maps

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
themind
Meryod Yokel
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar SSSC Maps

Post by themind »

I am trying to to find maps for the main zones and such, primarily Calder Isle, Katrina, Marius and Stadius.

I had the Hardcover Strategy Guide which I believe had all of them connected, but that got stolen (can't trust certain friends I guess).

I was wondering if anyone could link me to a site that would have these or if someone would be able to email them to me. Preferably the full picture if possible, but not a big deal.

Thanks.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

http://www.lunar-net.com/merchandise/maps.php

There's the page on LunarNET with all the maps, in case you're interested. It's under merchandise instead of multimedia though, since those are scans of the various cloth and paper maps that came with the games.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

It sounds like he's after screenshot maps, not the really lousy and inaccurate map that came with the game. Remember, that map is actually for TSS, not SSSC, and out of the few details it does show at least one is wrong for SSSC (the location of the Temple). The closest there is to a hand-drawn map of SSSC is the Saturn manual scan at the bottom of the page G1 linked,

BTW, G1, the links for the top two maps (the b&w scan from the TSS manual and the color scan from the EB manual) are reversed -- I mean, clicking on one shows the other and vice versa. And I really should try putting together those halves of EB maps, or better yet rescan them with something approaching quality.

themind
Meryod Yokel

Post by themind »

Yeah, more after screenshot map if that is the closest way to call it.

If you want an example of what I mean, here is a map I found on RPGclassics.

http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/psx/lsssc/maps/caldor/index.shtml

They have the Calder Isle map and Katrina Zone map on the site but not the Marius and Stadius Zones.

So I guess now, all I need are the Marius and Stadius Zones, or all of them together if that is possible. Where could I find them?

Do they have these type maps in the Hard Cover Strategy Guide for the main land maps.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

There is no hardcover strategy guide; both the unofficial and the official ones are paperback. I'm pretty sure there are such maps in the official one.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, I think there were too.

If interested, I do have a screenshot map of Burg and the EBC Vane Library. I had started to make one of SSSC Vane, but gave up after a while because of how slow the computer was that I was using.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Didn't someone try making a screenshot map? I remember something like that, but I can't remember if it was actually done or not.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

themind
Meryod Yokel

Post by themind »

Oops, I totally forgot that it was soft cover, :lol: Its been over 5 years since I had it.

All I really need are the over world maps of the continents. You see back before it got stolen, I had started a Lunar Story that I was writing for the fun of it. I made a map of the world after a huge Quake that changed the landscape, using the maps from the Strategy Guide as a base.

Well now, since I have some time, I was going to use the main story and plot from the story I wrote and make a D&D campaign based off of it. And now as I try and compile my notes on the setting, I seem to have lost the map that I drew. Since I can't seem to find it anywhere, I was going to redraw it. But to do that fairly effectively I need the World Maps to draw from.

So I have a couple options that I see, either see if I can get someone to email me some scans from the Strategy Guide of the world map, or see if I can find the Strategy Guide on Ebay. The latter option would have to wait a week or so til after I get paid. And I would like to try and get it taken care of as soon as possible.

So that is why I am in search of the maps. I just thought I'd give this a shot. If it's at all possible to do this, please PM or let me know and I will send you my email.

If not, I understand, thought I'd give it a shot.

Thanks. :D

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

DnD-wise, I'd actually recommend you go with the TSS map. It's large, but cities and towns appear much less squeezed-together on it.

I used to have a large map of the entire world in screenshot form, but it was on my old computer which was stolen a couple years back. If someone else has it, it'd be great to use. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)