Video Walkthrough

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
MogTheMoogle
Meribian Merchant
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Video Walkthrough

Post by MogTheMoogle »

Hey fellow Lunar fans, I haven't browsed these forums in ages but I'm glad it's still up (I like this new look too). Anyway, I've decided to play through SSSC and actually beat it for the first time, yes I know... I am a sad man. I'm currently uploading my playthrough on YouTube, so if you're interested, check it out. Right now I just got out of the Weird Woods --

http://www.youtube.com/user/MoogleCrusader

The audio isn't perfect but it's still pretty damn good if you ask me!

ENJOY

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

TAKE YOUR TIME! This is your first full playthrough. i beg that you read as much NPC text as possible to truly get the depth of Lunar. i also insist that you get others to play it. if you aren't comfortable with lending out your own copy, see about getting another for the purpose. expanding the fanbase would be excellent.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Hello again.

Personally, if anyone tried to borrow my Lunar stuff, well, I think I would have a lot of blood all over the place. It's amazing how many booby-traps you can fit in a tiny area. =D

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

i've loaned out my lunar games for quite some time. both of mine are out at the moment, actually. i have delusions that if i can make enough people fanatical about it or at least like it more than "average" that i can expand the fanbase and get them trying to make it grow as well....in hopes of making another GOOD lunar happen. at the very least, i still have more people to chat about it with.

MogTheMoogle
Meribian Merchant

Post by MogTheMoogle »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:TAKE YOUR TIME! This is your first full playthrough. i beg that you read as much NPC text as possible to truly get the depth of Lunar. i also insist that you get others to play it. if you aren't comfortable with lending out your own copy, see about getting another for the purpose. expanding the fanbase would be excellent.
I've gotten the final 5 party members, but never got past the part with Tempest, so I kinda know what to do. Still a great game and that's why I'm playing it again.

I've been letting my friend play it at my house, he hasn't beat either of them but he really likes the game.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Thanks cool, a video walkthrough. I'll take a look once you've beaten the game ^^

Btw, my account name over there is AkazukinChaCha. ^^

MogTheMoogle
Meribian Merchant

Post by MogTheMoogle »

UPDATE

I might start over (what a pain but...), if you haven't watched them, I pretty much record everything (NPC conversations, battles, shopping, etc.) and when I do talk to NPCs I slow down going through the text so viewers can have an easier time reading it (I read pretty fast).

IF I start over, I would only include important scenes that are story related, and only include boss battles. Here's what I think...

Starting over will:
- Help me breeze through the game faster.
- Less recordings; if something interrupts the recording (which has happened before and it is annoying), it wouldn't be a problem to go back and record a segment of the game again.
- Viewers would not have to constantly skip parts just to get to the good stuff.
- I can divide parts and label them accurately. I can probably do that to my current videos but most of them are just talking to NPCs so it's pointless.

The cons... well, if you ever had to start over in a game because you missed an important item, you must know how it feels. Also, no funny conversations, BUT if there's a part of a game that you need some footage of, I'll be more than happy to go back to a previous save and record it. I'll make sure I have a save before and after every event.

I'm dedicated to starting over so tell me what you think. I'm going to take a break... :D

I just finished Meribia's sewers so I'm not too far.

So what do you guys think?
Holy karp, a Lunar: SSSC video walkthrough!
http://www.youtube.com/my_playlists?p=63A45604406446EE

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I haven't looked through the walkthrough, but a couple of things you may want to keep in mind...

For starters, you really don't need to slow down through the text; you can speed through it pretty rapidly. It's a video, so someone can always pause if they really want to read a particular line. (This is assuming the purpose is as a walkthrough/reference, not a replacement for playing the game itself.)

Besides that, are you editing out all the battles? Random battles are a bit irritating to watch, and only something entertaining if you're the one playing the game. Editing out the non-boss battles would save time and be better to watch, while not really losing anything content-wise (some notable exceptions would be, say, the battles in Damon's Spire, and the battles in Althena's Fortress when you're 'cursed'--but even then, only two or three battles serve to illustrate the point, and that's enough).

Oh! To answer your question, yes, I do think going back through and recording it again is a good idea. Particularly because you can edit down the video(s) to just what you want to display. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

MogTheMoogle
Meribian Merchant

Post by MogTheMoogle »

Kizyr wrote:I haven't looked through the walkthrough, but a couple of things you may want to keep in mind...

For starters, you really don't need to slow down through the text; you can speed through it pretty rapidly. It's a video, so someone can always pause if they really want to read a particular line. (This is assuming the purpose is as a walkthrough/reference, not a replacement for playing the game itself.)

Besides that, are you editing out all the battles? Random battles are a bit irritating to watch, and only something entertaining if you're the one playing the game. Editing out the non-boss battles would save time and be better to watch, while not really losing anything content-wise (some notable exceptions would be, say, the battles in Damon's Spire, and the battles in Althena's Fortress when you're 'cursed'--but even then, only two or three battles serve to illustrate the point, and that's enough).

Oh! To answer your question, yes, I do think going back through and recording it again is a good idea. Particularly because you can edit down the video(s) to just what you want to display. KF
Thanks for the quick input, I made up my mind already but this post helped me confirm my decision. Yeah, I even included videos of myself grinding, but I do put in my descriptions what parts to skip, but it'd still be pointless to add grinding videos if I expect people to skip them anyway. *cracks knuckles* Here we go.
Holy karp, a Lunar: SSSC video walkthrough!
http://www.youtube.com/my_playlists?p=63A45604406446EE

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

I like it so far, reminds me why i love this game so much they made a really cliche rpg and perfected it, to anyone who hasn't played it would seem ordinary and generic. its so simple and perfect FF will never top it they get to complicated. FF7 was still great tho good character development.

I think it would be fun to see -well-[alun would be proud i set off this interjection with hypens] hear you read the dialoge boxes, it would also be funny to include those interuptions telephone solicitors, mom and girl friends bugging you. keep it in mind maybe when your done you can do a joke version. :lol: