Blue Spire Non-Exsistant? (now contains spoilers topic grew)

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Story, the remake of Lunar 1 for Saturn/Playstation/PC and all its translations
Joshifer
Meribian Merchant
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Blue Spire Non-Exsistant? (now contains spoilers topic grew)

Post by Joshifer »

Since the Blue Spire is thousands of years old. why dosent it show up at least in a map on Lunar 1 (Any version) and Lunar DS/Genisis ?. just curious. i'd expect it to show up in the remakes at least since Eternal blue was allready made..
Last edited by Joshifer on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
I Dream of a better world. A World where Chickens can Cross Roads without having their motives questioned!.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Re: Blue Spire Non-Exsistant?

Post by Shiva Indis »

None of the developers have gone to the trouble of adding it, though EB cannon indicates it should be out there somewhere. I wouldn't want anyone to try and shoehorn it into the Lunar 1 story, but it would make a great bonus dungeon, imo.

Who knows - maybe at one point in the development of Lunar DS the Blue Spire did figure in. The other interesting concrete links to Lunar 1 and 2 that were planned got cut, so it'd make a fine addition to the list.
「まあいいけど。」

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

A lot changes in a 1000 years so my guess is it was hidden, maybe it could have been buried under a mountain but after the events with Ghaleon uncovered it some how, or Althena used magic to make in invisible to everyone and it just died out over the years, or it could have been on a island that no one in Lunar 1 knew about, just a few things i thought up in the past 20 seconds.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

There's a reference to it in Silver Star Harmony in Damon's Spire and/or the Vane Library. I'll have to replay a bit to make sure on that, though. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Joshifer
Meribian Merchant

Post by Joshifer »

well some people say that area where Hiro lived and where the blue spire is where the frontier once was. but that dosent make sense since the frontier was barren because the blue star didnt shine its light there, yet it clearly shines in that area. i didnt expect it to be a playable dungeon just wondered why it didnt show up on any of the maps.
I Dream of a better world. A World where Chickens can Cross Roads without having their motives questioned!.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Joshifer wrote:well some people say that area where Hiro lived and where the blue spire is where the frontier once was. but that dosent make sense since the frontier was barren because the blue star didnt shine its light there, yet it clearly shines in that area.
Precisely; that's the reason I don't think the Frontier is anywhere on the Lunar 2 map. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Kizyr wrote:
Joshifer wrote:well some people say that area where Hiro lived and where the blue spire is where the frontier once was. but that dosent make sense since the frontier was barren because the blue star didnt shine its light there, yet it clearly shines in that area.
Precisely; that's the reason I don't think the Frontier is anywhere on the Lunar 2 map. KF

I dont know why but i always considered the Zaback Mine area as the Frontier.

Joshifer
Meribian Merchant

Post by Joshifer »

[/quote] I dont know why but i always considered the Zaback Mine area as the Frontier.[/quote]

Isnt those mines the ones Ghaleon forced people to build the grindery?

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Re: Blue Spire Non-Exsistant? (now contains spoilers topic grew)

Post by Silver Phoenix »

You're thinking of Talon Mine. Zaback was the mine used for building Neo Vane, and technically since that was where the Black Dragon was you would think of it as The Frontier. It just isn't geographically correct according to the layout of things in EB.

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

Apparently, someone in the "geography and lore" department shoulda done more homework... lol
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Developers also aren't as anal about placement as fans would be. It's still proper rule of thumb to make sure that locations have accuracy. However, the Frontier isn't supposed to exist in Eternal Blue.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Developers also aren't as anal about placement as fans would be. It's still proper rule of thumb to make sure that locations have accuracy. However, the Frontier isn't supposed to exist in Eternal Blue.
I think everyone was talking about where it would be if it still existed. For most of that game i forgot there even was a Frontire, i just kind of grouped the mines together, even though i knew the names where different

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

If the Frontier was there, it would be the area of the Carnival as that is most likely the area of where Pau would have been. Of course, nothing really lies where you expect it to be in EB aside from Meribia, Vane, and the White Dragon Cave.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

The Black Dragon flipped out and rent the earth apart. The Blue Spire was taken down in the tectonics. That's why it's in such a ravaged state when you find it. (All shattered and broken up.) Over time, weathering and other geological actions (probably with the added in to the rebirth of a new Black Dragon) lead to the Blue Spire rising up again. Even then, it's still nestled in canyons and has unusual geological surroundings.

There, my work here is done.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Jenner wrote:The Black Dragon flipped out and rent the earth apart. The Blue Spire was taken down in the tectonics. That's why it's in such a ravaged state when you find it. (All shattered and broken up.) Over time, weathering and other geological actions (probably with the added in to the rebirth of a new Black Dragon) lead to the Blue Spire rising up again. Even then, it's still nestled in canyons and has unusual geological surroundings.

Also, a wizard did it.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Werefrog wrote:
Jenner wrote:The Black Dragon flipped out and rent the earth apart. The Blue Spire was taken down in the tectonics. That's why it's in such a ravaged state when you find it. (All shattered and broken up.) Over time, weathering and other geological actions (probably with the added in to the rebirth of a new Black Dragon) lead to the Blue Spire rising up again. Even then, it's still nestled in canyons and has unusual geological surroundings.

Also, a wizard did it.
a geologist did it.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Blue Spire Non-Exsistant? (now contains spoilers topic g

Post by ShindoW »

Silver Phoenix wrote:If the Frontier was there, it would be the area of the Carnival as that is most likely the area of where Pau would have been. Of course, nothing really lies where you expect it to be in EB aside from Meribia, Vane, and the White Dragon Cave.
This is my guess as well. I kinda compared by overlaying both maps best I could by referencing the US guides and the Frontier is this upper NE section that just doesn't really exist on the EBC map, same as the Desert from EBC isn't on SSSC's map... if you line things up. <-- me trying to research a way for my version of Lunar 3... an inbetween game... but I really just don't love SSS as much as EB, so I feel it would lack in regards to fans of the first game... maybe I'll move it to after EBC, but I just couldn't think of a decent plot yet.

As for the dragons, they are animals of some kind so I assume they would change "nests" once in awhile. I think this would be an odd way to account for the change in the caves, because really only the WDC is really close to it's original, probably because of Nall XD

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Didn't the frontier become green after LSSS?

I like the idea that The Blue Spire was in an island that no one knew about, maybe even hidden in between green mountains!
Maybe in the time of SSS, the tower was in like-new shape, like Vane used to be.

But wait. EBC (PS1) is practically the same game as the original EB (SCD).
And EBC follows TSS (SCD) and a some SSS (PS1) at the same time!
What i'm trying to say is, there are things in EBC that come directly from TSS, just like EB had it. But has other parts of the game updated from SSS.

Also, there were villages that disappeared in between SSS and EB. Especially Burg. Could they have been removed from the game just because they had no purpose? Even though they would still exist?
Maybe in that same way, The Blue Spire isn't shown in SSS because it had no purpose in the game. (Even if it's mentioned in a book)
Hey maybe there are even more locations that aren't shown in any of the 2 games, but are still supposed to be there, overlooked.

Maybe SSSC and EBC aren't even the deffinite versions of the story!
Though that would be very sad, no one will remake them again... And we're perfectly happy with them as they are anyway.
Would any of us want complete remakes that change everything necessary in the 2 games which will tie them faithfully and answer all the questions of the fans??

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

What a resurrection. o_o

Anyway, yes, it was likely left out by the developers because it had no purpose. Supposing they put it in there for fun, that would only leave the players/buyers questions about what it was doing there. It also would've wasted precious hours of work, especially if they made it an explorable dungeon.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Do you ever wonder if there are tons more villages in RPG worlds than the ones you get to see? That the others are just omitted because they wouldn't serve any narrative or gameplay purpose?
「まあいいけど。」