Lucia's spell names

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lucia's spell names

Post by Kizyr »

This is mostly addressed to Alun, 'cause I'm sure she has this information on hand...

I just wanted to compare spell names between the English and Japanese versions for Lucia's spells. And... I don't want to get my PSX out and go through the trouble of loading the game and all.

So... do you have the list of Lucia's spells? Preferably in order (i.e., the four attack spells from left to right, then the four healing spells from left to right).

If you're wondering, the Japanese spell names are:

(before the curse)
Spark Cannon, Satellite Bomb, Homing Cannon, Atomic Burn;
Healing, Solid Charge, Forcefield, Blue Star Prayer, Dejon Cluster

(after the curse)
Spark Shot;
Healing, Solid Charge, Forcefield, Blue Star Prayer

I can't remember which was called Plasma Rain and Lightning Bomb in the English version off the top of my head... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Sadly, when I decided to get this information I got it from the demo, not the full game, so not all the names were finalized. :( I might have the info you seek in a PM from Angelalex, though; I asked him about it when I got them for exactly the same reason; the name changes don't line up the way you think they will.

Edit: here's what Angelalex told me, which sounds about right. It's a little incoherent since it's from two separate messages.
Angelalex242 wrote:Here's her level 99 Blue Spire list...

Atomic Burn (Single, Lucia's Painful magic) Thunder Blow (Zone, Lucia's Loud Magic), Plasma Rain (All, No description), Atomic Burn (Special, personal radius, this is what I used to call Atomic Blow.)

Heal Litany, Power Charge, Magic Barrier, Blue Star Prayer, Solar Bomb (otherwise known as Black Dragon Grief)

Even cursed (funnily enough) she still has the following...before Ronfar even bothers healing her...

Napalm Shot (Lucia's Assault Magic)
Heal Litany, Power Charge, Magic Barrier, Blue Star Prayer.

Around level 24 or so, she gets Lightning Bomb (Lucia's Deadly Magic).
Around level 27 or so, she gets Plasma Rain (Lucia's Powerful Magic)
Around level 35 or so, she regains Thunder Blow (Lucia's Loud Magic)
Around level 40 or so, she regains Plasma Rain (No comment)
Around level 43 or so, she regains Atomic Burn (Lucia's Painful Magic)
Around level 48 or so, she regains Atomic Burn (No comment, functions like Jean's Aura attack, normally called Atomic Blow)

Actually, yes, the spells do evolve. Napalm Shot 'evolves' into Atomic Burn, Lightning Bomb 'evolves' into Thunder Blow, Plasma Rain 1 evolves into Plasma Rain 2 (Blue Spire Version), and Atomic Blow has no equivalent. It is notable her AI keeps her from ever really using her support spells after a certain level. At level 99, for example, she just zaps things and occasionally heals Hiro.
Here are the names as they appeared in the demo, which isn't particularly useful. Actually, I have no clue at all why I did this on the demo instead of the final, although it did yield the interesting datum that that vacuum-all spell mysteriously called Degion Cluster in Japanese was at one point named Atomic Burn before it became Solar Bomb. Oh, right, that's why I did this (levelled up Hiro to 14 in the Spire) on the demo.

Row 1
Atomic Burn / One / Lucia's Magic.
Thunder / Zone / Lucia's Magic.
Plasma Rain / All / Lucia's Magic.
Sleeping / Spcl The enemy crashes.

Row 2
Healing / One
Poison Blow / One / Enemy damaged and poisoned.
Magic Barrier / One
Prayer of Blue Star / One
Atomic Burn / All / Nuclear power at work.

After being cursed, her spell list is this:

Row 1
Napalm Shot / One / Lucia's Magic.

Row 2
Healing / One
Poison Blow / One / Enemy damaged and poisoned.
Magic Barrier / One
Prayer of Blue Star / One

Edit 2: Kiz, if it's convenient to do so, can you try to get the Japanese names of both forms of Lucia's spells, as noted above? I think I probably have them all in my spell list spreadsheet (which I sent to you via IM, right?), but I'm not sure if I have them lined up with the right English name, thanks to things like multiple spells with the same names and such. :P