Lunar 2...after the events

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar 2...after the events

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Life sucks butt when it comes to being Lucia.

she lived in the blue star without an understanding of feelings and all of that and then she goes to do her job and falls in love with a MORTAL who actually ends up making it to the blue star with her. so basically he'll just age and die. that leaves Lucia understanding it all and living alone and depressed.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

She could always pull a Althena Manuevour.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

phyco126 wrote:She could always pull a Althena Manuevour.
she'd have to wait until the blue star was revived and inhabited again.

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

Or, if one's not inclined towards automatically assuming the most miserably depressing thing is going to happen after the game (though, to be fair, that's a reasonably sound assumption for most JRPGs even when there's no evidence whatever that such a thing would happen *cough* Phantasy Star IV *cough*), maybe Lucia could address herself to the issue of extending Hiro's lifespan--not entirely an impossible task, given that a number of races in the Lunar-verse have drastically extended lifespans (Dragons, for one, and the Vile Tribe/Magic Race for another) so it ought to be theoretically possible to tweak Hiro's existence. Speaking as someone who actually has a sweetie, I'd certainly do it if I was in her shoes.

lnrSaxon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lnrSaxon »

It's dangerous to be in such a powerful position and facing the fact that what they have will last until one of them dies. I guess that's why Althena relinquished her position cuz... well, who knows what she would've done if she had lost Alex.

Or..... maybe she could be one of those who lives a long life being thankful for what she was able to experience in the past.

who knows.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Bleh, just throw his horny newbish butt into that darned crystal!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

lnrSaxon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lnrSaxon »

phyco126 wrote:Bleh, just throw his horny newbish butt into that darned crystal!
bwahahahahaha!

agreed. :)

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Actually, I've often considered 'what happens when Hiro dies of old age?'

Generally, what I come up with is, until the Blue Star is restored AND humanity goes home, she can't afford to let herself die. So she will eventually find herself standing over her tombstone. She probably restores the Blue Star in Hiro's lifetime, but getting everyone on the Blue Star to leave their nice comfortable homes to go to the Blue Star would surely take significantly longer.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

brit
White Dragon Knight

Re: Lunar 2...after the events

Post by brit »

After I finished the game I never really thought about this topic. :/
I just assumed they’d live happily ever after like Alex & Luna. >.>
Now it has me pondering.

Chances are many people in Lunar would not want to go to the blue star. Maybe The Lunar 2 gang if they were still alive by then…

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

I somehow think I always assumed that Hiro would have an extended lifespan alongside her. Now, how that's supposed to work unless he really does have magic race/Vile Tribe blood (or Lucia's been studying longevity spells) I'm not quite sure. :D I'm just not willing to assume that after all that, that it's going to end up as an unhappy post-game ending. I mean, it's not Phantasy Star, here!

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I always imagined that eventually (and by eventually I'm talking a couple thousand years or so after), once Lunar started getting a little too crowded for it's own good, people would move to the Blue Star for space and resources etc.
-Nobi

Cinder6
Saith Pirate

Post by Cinder6 »

Note: I'm not actually a proponent of this idea; it's just something I thought of.

Do we have any proof that Lucia is immortal? All we really know, for certain, is that she's not entirely human (but apparently human "enough"). It seems to me that she could have a normal human lifespan, but it's been extended by that crystal. I'd go on further with this idea, but I'll need to watch that cutscene that explains the flight from the Blue Star again.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Cinder6 wrote:Note: I'm not actually a proponent of this idea; it's just something I thought of.

Do we have any proof that Lucia is immortal? All we really know, for certain, is that she's not entirely human (but apparently human "enough"). It seems to me that she could have a normal human lifespan, but it's been extended by that crystal. I'd go on further with this idea, but I'll need to watch that cutscene that explains the flight from the Blue Star again.
She's a goddess. And, by implication, they don't really die (unless it's a human incarnation of the goddess, like Althena's multiple rebirths).

I'd say the implication is that they're immortal. But nothing is ever really said explicitly to that fact. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Cinder6
Saith Pirate

Post by Cinder6 »

Hmm, I thought it said she was a step down from goddess-level. Or maybe that she was a step down from Althena's level. If she is a goddess, it makes sense then that she could prolong Hiro's life.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Cinder6 wrote:Hmm, I thought it said she was a step down from goddess-level. Or maybe that she was a step down from Althena's level. If she is a goddess, it makes sense then that she could prolong Hiro's life.
A step down from Althena's level, certainly. I think that much is evident in her ability, experience, and complete (emotional) dependence on Althena at the beginning. But, she's definitely a goddess, and has a goddess's powers--right down to being able to do things like call on the power of the Four Dragons. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Cinder6
Saith Pirate

Post by Cinder6 »

Kizyr wrote:A step down from Althena's level, certainly. I think that much is evident in her ability, experience, and complete (emotional) dependence on Althena at the beginning. But, she's definitely a goddess, and has a goddess's powers--right down to being able to do things like call on the power of the Four Dragons. KF
Ah, you're right. I'd forgotten she had the same (or at least similar) powers. Okay, there goes that theory. :)

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Cinder6 wrote:
Kizyr wrote:A step down from Althena's level, certainly. I think that much is evident in her ability, experience, and complete (emotional) dependence on Althena at the beginning. But, she's definitely a goddess, and has a goddess's powers--right down to being able to do things like call on the power of the Four Dragons. KF
Ah, you're right. I'd forgotten she had the same (or at least similar) powers. Okay, there goes that theory. :)
Well, there is still something to that crystal. It's probably a place of rest (since Lucia coming out of that crystal was almost like the first time she was really conscious and walking about). It could also be some kind of conduit of power, or connection to the Blue Star or both the Blue Star and Lunar.

I'm not so sure what she'd do about Hiro, though. They may try to prolong his lifespan (there are some characters living until 400-500 years old, after all). Lucia could be reborn into human form herself and live a mortal life until she feels things can run on autopilot / with only humans from then on. Or maybe both. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

She could always cut a deal with the Bene Tleilax and get nice Hiro gholas whenever she wants.

... I don't think it's necessarily that bad that Hiro doesn't live forever. And perhaps Lucia has the same choice as Hiro, renouncing her goddesshood for some noncrystal rest.

I could see an O Henry moment going on. "Oh, Lucia, I just found a way to live forever!" "Hiro, I've decided to live a mortal life!"
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Lucia's responsibilities are far too great for her to consider her emotional distress to be more important than the future of Lunar and the blue star.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I agree. It did take Althena several millenia to get around to completing her choice of renouncing her divinity entirely. I'm not so sure Lucia can do it quicker. Althena's incarnations had boyfriends of their own (Jian, for example...)...perhaps Hiro's just the first in Lucia's line of boyfriends, which will continue till she meets her version of Alex in some long distant future.

However, we must consider Lucia did absorb Althena's power, but does not have the skill to use it properly yet. My bet is, it might take her a couple hundred years to figure out how to pull the incarnate as a mortal girl trick. She wasn't born with the knowledge, and without Althena's powers, she may not have been able to do it before. So learning how is an issue.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.