Blue Spire?

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by GhaleonOne »

They talk about her being a sort of "sister" to Althena. Check this interview for more information:

http://www.lunar-net.com/interviews/hasukawa.php

Edit: BTW, I like the avatar. :P

Reaper
Lyton Singer

Yo

Post by Reaper »

I know where your coming from, I always thought Lucia was like a daughter of Althena. It just didn't make sense that the two where sisters... :shock:
The end will come to death
but death will never end

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

You can check the opening for the first EB novel that says a little more about Lucia in relation to the Blue Star and Lunar, but not in relation to Althena.

http://www.lunar-net.com/merchandise/novels/eb1.php
KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

I'm not bashing their relationship. It was definietly better than most video game relationships. I was just sick of it by the end :P And I'm a hopeless romantic and I love crap like that...so it's saying a lot if I was rolling by eyes towards the end.

But kudos to Hiro and Lucia. I hope they got it on righteous.

Althena's_Courtier
Student of Vane

Re: Yo

Post by Althena's_Courtier »

Reaper wrote:I know where your coming from, I always thought Lucia was like a daughter of Althena. It just didn't make sense that the two where sisters... :shock:

I thought they were like cousins or something...

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Yup, just like GhaleonOne and Kizyr have put it...although if you think of them as "cousins" but not in the literal sense, that seems fine, too. The Lunar 2 comic (the one in Asuka DX) reaffirms all those things, too, and Zophar repeatedly calls Lucia "Goddess" or "Goddess of the Blue Star," reaffirming one more time what these two sources said. The vibe you get from the Lunar1&2 Establishment file interviews with Shigema and co. is that they're not hiding any idea about what exactly Lucia is, they simply aren't concerned with being that exact. Playing Lunar~EB in game, Lucia gives the impression of being slightly subordinate an existence to Althena originally, but Shigema's later versions seem to place them more equally. Anyway...

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Althena's_Courtier wrote: I thought they were like cousins or something...

OH SO WRONG!!
No, no, they most certaintly weren't "cousins."

>.> You haven't been informed of the Cousins theory so I shall inform you.
When anime-influenced or other european-like characters are involved in a homosexual relationship and the material is translated over to the USA the couple, almost ALWAYS, is "translated" into just being "Cousins."

a good example off the top of my head would be Sailor Nepture/Uranus.
Seen the movie Troy? Yeah, they're totally just cousins.

I know there are other examples, countless ones, but I'm not dedicated to the cause so much as milling the theory. One day I'll be able to present it better when I've got the energy to research it properly.

Until then, be assured that if Lucia and Althena were cousins there is a terribly good chance that... um...

>.> yeah...
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Althena's_Courtier
Student of Vane

Post by Althena's_Courtier »

GhaleonOne wrote:They talk about her being a sort of "sister" to Althena. Check this interview for more information:

http://www.lunar-net.com/interviews/hasukawa.php

Edit: BTW, I like the avatar. :P

arer you talking 'bout my avatar?
Jenner? Whoops. :shock:

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

No, I was talking to netequevaris.
-G1

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Jenner wrote:OH SO WRONG!!

When anime-influenced or other european-like characters are involved in a homosexual relationship and the material is translated over to the USA the couple, almost ALWAYS, is "translated" into just being "Cousins."

I know there are other examples, countless ones, but I'm not dedicated to the cause so much as milling the theory. One day I'll be able to present it better when I've got the energy to research it properly.

Until then, be assured that if Lucia and Althena were cousins there is a terribly good chance that... um...

>.> yeah...

:shock: Who woulda thunk it! It all makes sense now.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Say, speaking of that, has anyone tried to get to the very end of the epilog without finding everyone? I think there is supposed to be something special... or was it that you got something special if you beat it after you found all of your friends.... ah I don't remember...

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

If you get everyone, the part of the ending where they're all saying goodbye to Hiro is animated. If you didn't, it's just voice, since there are many combinations of people you could have.

I keep meaning to go through the epilogue with two party members (in addition to Hiro) and then do the ending with each of the remaining two joining so I'd hear all the voice events (I think they're different from the animated cutscene), but since I lost all my EBC saves I haven't bothered. It really is about time for me to replay the game.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

MiaOne wrote:
Jenner wrote:OH SO WRONG!!

>.> yeah...

:shock: Who woulda thunk it! It all makes sense now.

Maybe THATS why Althena left Lucia up on the Blue Star, that home wrecker. :P
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

phyco126 wrote:Say, speaking of that, has anyone tried to get to the very end of the epilog without finding everyone? I think there is supposed to be something special... or was it that you got something special if you beat it after you found all of your friends.... ah I don't remember...

My first time through I never found Leo, and ended up beating the game without ever catching him at the top of the Mystic Ruins.

I was so shocked my second time through, when I randomly picked up some info about his whereabouts from some NPCs {^^}. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, that happened to me in the original EB too. I was like "Woah, I can get Leo!" then I searched the land over hoping to find Ghaleon. :P Alas, it wasn't to be.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Hehe. That wouldn't have occurred to me, to look for Ghaleon.

It's the people of Takkar who talk about Leo, right? I remember in the remake that's where you get Mystere's Bromide, along with reports of a rather clumsy Zorro-type defender of justice. ^_^

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

GhaleonOne wrote:Yeah, that happened to me in the original EB too. I was like "Woah, I can get Leo!" then I searched the land over hoping to find Ghaleon. :P Alas, it wasn't to be.

Just think if you could get him on your party in EB you coulda stole all his stuff and sold it too.

'Cause you could make'm all good and naked in EB ;)
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

For some reason when I first played EB I knew exactly where Leo was without even having to talk to anyone! I totally ruled.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:Hehe. That wouldn't have occurred to me, to look for Ghaleon.

It's the people of Takkar who talk about Leo, right? I remember in the remake that's where you get Mystere's Bromide, along with reports of a rather clumsy Zorro-type defender of justice. ^_^

...I don't have to go into my proof again of why Leo isn't Mystere, do I? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Let me guess Kiz, Mystere is just Leo's "Cousin," right? *snickers*

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."