Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Collector Cards?

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
captaindax
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Collector Cards?

Post by captaindax »

I recently won these on eBay, haven't arrived yet but I was just wondering, are these real? And if so does anyone know anything about them?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0300452396

They seem to have the word SEGA printed on them. I did a search but didn't turn anything up. I assume they're from the Sega Saturn game. Somehow I think I just flushed $11 though.
I - am that is

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Collector Cards?

Post by Sonic# »

There have been weirder items. I was able to bring up this: http://www.lunar-net.com/merchandise/tradingcards.php. Scroll down.

Looking at the cards in the auction, that looks to be what you're getting. Congratulations on your good judgment!

The website has a little bit of info, but other collectors here will know more about them than I do, if there's anything to know.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

I'd pay more for those.

Another Mainer on Lunar-net? Whadayaknow.

captaindax
Red Dragon Priest

Post by captaindax »

Wow there's another Lunar fan in Maine...the things you find.

Yeah I was going to ask sooner but I figured I'd wait till the auction was over in case they were real so there wouldn't be a flood of bids, lol.

I was actually looking for a new copy of 2EB when I saw them and decided to jump on it. (Not that my current copy doesn't work, but lets face it, they're wearing out and some of the cut scenes freeze up after so much use.)

Any idea what they're worth? Or rarity on a scale? Not that I'm looking to resell them or anything at this point. The guy I bought them from sent me a frowny face when he said he had shipped them, I think he's ticked I got them so cheap.
I - am that is

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, those came with the first pressing of the Saturn release of EB. I ended up buying a second copy of that game to get them.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

captaindax wrote:Yeah I was going to ask sooner but I figured I'd wait till the auction was over in case they were real so there wouldn't be a flood of bids, lol.
A wise move. I would've totally outbid you on that {^^}.

Nice find! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Same here. There was a copy of the Saturn EB with the cards about a month ago. I actually just remembered I had planned on bidding on it. You certainly didn't waste your money on those. They're not impossible to find, but they don't come up often. 99% of the Saturn EBs on Ebay never include them.

And Alun, they must have done some quick second pressings of the Saturn EB. I bought mine at the Japan launch and never got the cards.
-G1

captaindax
Red Dragon Priest

Post by captaindax »

Nice, well thanks for the info everyone! Seems like a good community here, I think I'll stick around.

When they arrive I'll post some pics, I'm hoping they show up in good condition.
I - am that is

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

captaindax wrote:Nice, well thanks for the info everyone! Seems like a good community here, I think I'll stick around.

When they arrive I'll post some pics, I'm hoping they show up in good condition.
Never ever bring up an auction that is currently taking place while you're here. You'll end up without and someone else will end up with their 10th copy of whatever it is. lol

captaindax
Red Dragon Priest

Post by captaindax »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
captaindax wrote:Nice, well thanks for the info everyone! Seems like a good community here, I think I'll stick around.

Never ever bring up an auction that is currently taking place while you're here. You'll end up without and someone else will end up with their 10th copy of whatever it is. lol
Yeah I kind of figured that might happen, that's why I decided to wait and just win it then find out if it was a good deal. And from what I gather it was.

Does anyone know if there's anything on the back of these or are they just plain pictures on cards?
I - am that is

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I don't remember offhand, but I think there's some Japanese text on the back of them. I know there is on the cards that came with the SSS Saturn MPEG game, and I think these are all the same series.

G1, I could be mistaken about the first pressing of the game having it. Maybe it was preorders only or something? No clue; I didn't start collecting Lunar until years after the release. ^_^

If I'd realized you guys didn't have the cards I would've kept an eye out for them; I know I saw an auction on YAJ months ago for them. I haven't been looking often for stuff there because I've had other stuff to spend money on, so I've no idea if they're still being listed.

As for pics, they're already up on the site at the link Sonic# gave... though come to think of it I think those are the rather lousy scans I did of mine five or six years ago so some better-quality ones would be in order. Also, the text on that page needs rewriting, as all the cards are on the page now, not just MS and EB's.

captaindax
Red Dragon Priest

Post by captaindax »

When I get mine I'll do some high quality scans.

Update:

Looks like I might be getting ANOTHER set of these cards, I found a copy of EB for the Saturn on Ebay for $15 and I noticed afterwards the cards were shown in the picture.
I - am that is