Level facing Zophar

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Kizyr »

Forget that. Best place to level up is by levelling up Hiro alone. At the second visit to Taben's Peak, when the rest of the party splits, instead of going to find Lucia just hightail it back to Meribia and fight it out in the sewers for a while. Hiro gets tons of EXP and levels up fast. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

In the original EB, I wouldn't finish the game until I tried to reach maxium level...I got to level 72 by leveling up in the Star Dragon Tower before I gave up and just finished the game. I was hoping there might be something special that would of happened, like there was in TSS, with the new spells and all.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Wait, there were new spells in TSS for leveling up to max?
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:Wait, there were new spells in TSS for leveling up to max?

I dunno about that... But there is the trick where you can get Nall to attack if Kyle is at L99. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Is there really?
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Yeah, I recall hearing about that, so I'm pretty sure you can.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I seem to recall Nash also gets an additional attack at around level 95 or so.

And when I leveled Laike up to 96 in the brief time he's in the party, he gained a new spell (one of Kyle'sn skills). I keep meaning to find that save and level him up some more.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

I don't know if I still have it saved, but I did get the TSS party memebers up to level 99, although I thought all of them, save Alex got new attacks...I know Nash's was something like "Mia's Love" or so I thought...maybe I dreamed that. I'll have to kick my Sega CD a few times and see if I have it saved.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Erasculio
Reza Thief

Nice boss battle

Post by Erasculio »

MiaOne wrote:In EB I remember she had a Sheild Spell and I just clustered everyone really, really tight together and I wouldn't let anyone move so when Lemina casted her very, very small Sheila, everyone was protected. Did anyone else use this to beat Zophar in EB?

Heh, I used it a lot in the first battle, but in the second one it got me killed on my first try (everyone was together, so Zophar's Hell Wave, that attack with the black circle on the ground, killed my entire party).

I just defeated Zophar (first time I play through the end of the game), at my second try, level 52. A very nice battle - interesting to see how they kept the "multi oponent" thing, I think it's the only boss in the game that kept it.

(Unlike, for example, Borgan and the Fake Althena, who were a lot more fun to fight in the original.)

I also killed all the arms, something that took a long time to do in the original - somehow, I think each arm was weaker this time than then were before. A fair trade, considering there are twice as many now. The "magic only" arm is hard to kill, though, thankfuly Lemina could kill it with some Catastrophes.

And the last battle isn't timed, I think - I did it in two turns with Hiro and Lucia, but I think it could last a bit more.

Erasculio

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Ever tried getting Lucia (Lucia, mind, not just the rest of the party) to level 99? She's identical to Blue Spire Lucia when you do that. Heh.

Anyways, when you do that, Leo joins your party at about level 92.

(And needless to say, you just sort of point and laugh at Zophar when you're that overpowered...)

I put the Fiend Ring on Ronfar, though. Invincible Healer=Yay.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Ardekh
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Ardekh »

I beat Ghaleon on my first try...Nall goes around and heals everyone! It's awesome! The first time ever, everyone died after a few turns except Alex, so whenever Nall revived someone, I just had them either heal Alex, power-up Alex, or attack.

As for Zophar, easily the hardest boss I ever fought. I did it at level 50. Of course, I had to have the bright idea of NOT using White Dragon Protect...EVER! Stupid, stupid. The second time through I used it, though. Once or twice, I think. I always get antsy when I fight his last form because I'm like, "If I went through ALL THAT just to die at THIS..."

I'm going to take the advice of constantly using WDP, now. It never even occurred to me. XD I'm in Zophar's tummy currently.

Hiro-67
Student of Vane

Post by Hiro-67 »

i was at level 60, i think, around that area, but i had to go through the dungeon agian just so i could steel starlights from enemies with lemina's theives staff, becuase there was no way i could defeat zophar with only 3 starlights, stupid me, leo wouldnt let me leave the dungeon to go buy some...

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

MiaOne wrote:I don't know if I still have it saved, but I did get the TSS party memebers up to level 99, although I thought all of them, save Alex got new attacks...I know Nash's was something like "Mia's Love" or so I thought...maybe I dreamed that. I'll have to kick my Sega CD a few times and see if I have it saved.

I know it's been over a month since this was posted but you weren't dreaming. Nash's new skill was Mia's Love. I vaguely remember that.