No more exp in the demo (The one in Vanguard Bandits)

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

No more exp in the demo (The one in Vanguard Bandits)

Post by jay_are »

http://vid957.photobucket.com/albums/ae ... no_exp.mp4

After running away from Leo and getting into the forest, I fought a few battles, then noticed i'm not getting JACK SQUAT!
What gives?
All throughout the forest, there's no exp or gold from the enemies. I have completed the game before, but never played through the demo.
I got to the part where Jean comes with you to fight, but still got no exp or gold.
What kind of glitch is this?

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: No more exp in the demo (The one in Vanguard Bandits)

Post by Alunissage »

It's not a glitch, that's just the way the demo goes. It tops out at level 16, I think? And isn't there a message, "All that work and you didn't get squat!" after a battle?

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Lol I didn't realize I hadn't answered to this, but yeah that's the message i get. It's in the video link above my message too, I just thought it was a glitch so i felt the need of recording it.

I find it weird that it would cap at LV16, i think the demo goes much farther than this, not sure how hard it will be at the later parts of the game when I already capped. But I trust the demo is going to be balanced. Thanks!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The demo ends after Plantella, so not much further after you get Jean.

I don't know why you'd think it was a glitch after getting that message, though. =D

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

How good is Vanguard Bandits?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I found it extremely addictive while playing it in 2002, but haven't gotten back to it to play the other paths. (There are a total of three paths and five endings.) I was playing it with the guide because I was new to the genre and needed to get through it quickly but usually was able to do better than the guide.

All that said, it's been so long that it's hard for me to remember too much about it. I do remember yelling at my bf to shut up because there's voice acting in the very last scene (maybe the only voice in the game? I forget) that he was talking over.

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Your man should know that when you're doing your thing, be it a TV show or a video game or whatever you like....that that's his time to do his thing and you both have peace. lol

Multiple endings is a turn off. It's part of why I haven't played Chrono Trigger. I'd go crazy trying to be a completionist and I see strategy guides as collectibles only.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Leo wrote:Multiple endings is a turn off. It's part of why I haven't played Chrono Trigger.
Whoa! No one told you that Chrono Trigger is short and fun every time???

Well, let me be the first:

Chrono Trigger is short and fun every time.
「まあいいけど。」

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Well there's the aspect of finding out what to do differently so I don't get an ending I've already seen. Plus there's the art style. I wish it didn't look like DBZ. Screw DBZ.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Leo wrote:Well there's the aspect of finding out what to do differently so I don't get an ending I've already seen. Plus there's the art style. I wish it didn't look like DBZ. Screw DBZ.
It's not nearly as convoluted as, say, Growlanser. Basically, after initially beating a game, you just try to beat the game at different points of the Game+. (After a couple of hours, you can access the final battle - even on your first playthrough.)
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeee caaaaaaaaareful though! No seriously, be careful with Chrono Trigger.
While someone here might be talking about their Chrono Trigger experience based on PS1, someone else could be talking based on the SNES version. This is CRUCIAL.
Why? Open the menu in Chrono Trigger for PS1. It would take about 5 to 10 seconds. I think 8 secs. (That's a like new disc + like new ps1... or even digitally on PSP/PS3/etc, makes no difference.)
On SNES it's practically instant. Imagine going through 5 or 6 playthroughs on PS1, waiting 8 seconds to go in the menu and 8 more seconds to get out of the menu EVERY TIME. It is unlivable.
DS Version is the other best version too. Even iOS if you are ok with touch screens. PS1 i can barely recommend even 1 playthrough on it, it took me like 45 hours or something, cant remember. (My PS1 was not the best either when i played it, it added time)

Vanguard Bandits, haven't played much, what I did play seemed a bit clunky and had odd looking graphics.
http://www.gamedynamo.com/images/galler ... hots-2.jpg
Look at that MS Paint-like blue water. WHAT. Why must tactical games be played on a cubic island set in space? Super Mario RPG is one of the only games I can forgive for this, cause it looks just rad, but tactical games... ugh. I do own it though, maybe one day i'll come brag about its greatness...
Alunissage wrote:I don't know why you'd think it was a glitch after getting that message, though. =D
Loool... well it's something I had never seen or even imagined i'd be seeing. I somehow had the idea that the demo would go up to Meribia, not sure why. The message made me think it was a debug thing. Also I like the humor in Hiro's wind (Squall?) spell about the forecast. =D

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

^ I first beat Chrono Trigger on the PS1. The load times... I learned not to mind them, but they bother a lot of people.

That said, if you're playing it the first time today, I imagine you'd be doing so either on the Wii/Wii U, on the Nintendo DS/3DS, or on mobile. The first is great, I heard the second is great, and I don't know about mobile.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Played it on mobile. It's practically the SNES version with touch controls. The controls weren't bad for a touch game.
As for the load times I did get used to them too, but you shouldn't have to. It makes the game tiring to play without you noticing it.

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

jay_are wrote:Played it on mobile. It's practically the SNES version with touch controls. The controls weren't bad for a touch game.
As for the load times I did get used to them too, but you shouldn't have to. It makes the game tiring to play without you noticing it.
The horrible load times are why I didn't replay FF4 on PSX.