Food on the Blue Star

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
Angelalex242
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Food on the Blue Star

Post by Angelalex242 »

Even that novel that got translated neglected to mention exactly what Hiro was eating once he got there.

Is he hunting and killing monsters for food? Is Lucia using Althena's power of creation to create food? Something else?

The ending anime cutscene shows a couple blades of grass on the ground. That's...not gonna cut it.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Food on the Blue Star

Post by Kizyr »

Yeah I try not to think of it. Like, it's heavily emphasized that it's a dead world, so nothing is going to be growing there -- and that would've been the case right up to Zophar's defeat, at the earliest. It's not like Hiro is going to be able to go outside and find some wild game or a field of corn; that's gonna take way more time to build back up.

...maybe Lucia knows a few cleric spells like Create Water and Magic Feast? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I figured Hiro commutes to the Blue Star via the Blue Spire until things are more viable there. I wonder if I could make that fit in with the chronology of Childhood's End... it's been a long time since I read it but I think it took place about 3 years after EB...?

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Heh.

"Hey, Lucia, what's for dinner?"
"Dinner?"
"Ya know, that thing where we eat?"
"Oh...I kind of don't have to eat..."
"Well, I do, and I'm starved!"
"...Ummm. Oh dear. I think we might need to pick some food up for you. There kind of isn't any here..."
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:I figured Hiro commutes to the Blue Star via the Blue Spire until things are more viable there. I wonder if I could make that fit in with the chronology of Childhood's End... it's been a long time since I read it but I think it took place about 3 years after EB...?
Huh... That could work out. I always assumed that Childhood's End took place in an alternate scenario where Hiro never went to the Blue Star after Lucia left, since it sounded like he hadn't gone. But, it could be that he regularly comes and goes, and is just between trips -- there's nothing I can find in the manga to actually contradict that theory.

...of course there is the one book in Vane's library in the epilogue that makes it sound like Hiro knows who Alice is. That throws everything out the continuity window. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Well...so far, the possible answers are 'longest commute to the grocery store in history', 'kill monsters for food', or 'Hey, my girlfriend's a goddess with Althena's power of creation, she can zap food into existence.'

HiroOne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by HiroOne »

Alunissage wrote:I figured Hiro commutes to the Blue Star via the Blue Spire until things are more viable there. I wonder if I could make that fit in with the chronology of Childhood's End... it's been a long time since I read it but I think it took place about 3 years after EB...?
This is exactly what I had always assumed.

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Well there is snow and ice.
And Lucia can obviously make fire.
They could melt ice into water. Not sure about drinkable, but that's a start :mrgreen:
Besides, Lucia can also heal, if Hiro gets sick from that.

In the case that Hiro does travel back to the grocery store,
he could bring ice and make Ice Sandwiches directly from the Blue Star with love!

http://extremesilverblog.com/media/uplo ... d93309.jpg