I've been thinking about this lately...

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

I've been thinking about this lately...

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Why didn't Nall tell Lucia about Althena's decision to become human? He must have known something about Zophar's plan to manipulate Lucia into claiming Althena's power, so that he could claim it for himself. Why did he wait for her to get to the Goddess Tower by herself?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm pretty certain this one can be explained away as Nall wanting Lucia to fall in love with Hiro, and experience humanity firsthand. This is so that by the time she gets to Luna's recording, she's already struggling with the idea of Lunar being destroyed.
-G1

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: I've been thinking about this lately...

Post by DevNall »

ilovemyguitar wrote:Why didn't Nall tell Lucia about Althena's decision to become human? He must have known something about Zophar's plan to manipulate Lucia into claiming Althena's power, so that he could claim it for himself. Why did he wait for her to get to the Goddess Tower by herself?

I'm not so sure that Nall actually knew precisely what Zophar's plan was.

And I think that Althena wanted to tell Lucia herself (in a sense).

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Re: I've been thinking about this lately...

Post by ilovemyguitar »

DevNall wrote:I'm not so sure that Nall actually knew precisely what Zophar's plan was.

Well, he knew that Althena was dead, and he knew Zophar was protecting the Goddess Tower, which is where the recording was, and had convinced Lucia that Althena was alive and trapped in there. It seems like he would have been able to figure out what Zophar's eventual plan was from that.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Right. The Dragons are not just agents of Revival for the Blue Star, they're protectors of Lunar.

If Nall had just said, "Ya know, Althena kicked the bucket, you're on your own kid" Lucia would've claimed the power immediately, and Lunar might well have been destroyed.

Nall was just, very cleverly, doing his job of protecting Lunar. Also, he very likely read Luna's note to Hiro, and KNEW what he had to do for Luna's sake.

And he probably also wanted his Dragon Aura back. Could be a bit of selfishness mixed in with the rest of it. Lucia claiming Althena's power is great, and all, but Nall has a responsibility to his Draconic Buddies too. Including Ruby.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Um people, the power of Althena couldn't be obtained until all four dragon aura's had been reclaimed to begin with. Althena saw the future of Lunar, and saw the process of events leading up to Zophar's resurrection. There was no other possible path for Lucia to follow, because she wouldn't have been able to aquire the Goddess power.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Nobody said reviving the Dragons wasn't necessary. It's true, however, that Nall could've set the party on the path to reviving the Dragons much sooner then he did. Notably, he could've set them on that path before they ever got to Vane, even.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Kazie Solo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Kazie Solo »

I think I'd go with GhaleonOne's thoughts on that. Experience is the best teacher, after all.

Um, a little off-topic, but can anyone please refresh me as to what Luna's note to Hiro said? It's been a while since I played EBC that I don't think I have a save point near that point to play so I can look it up. Thanks. :)
<font color=pink>Beware of Phyco the Bunny Master, Lunartic the metal-rolling-pin-wielding Diva Sweetheart, and Kazie the White Bunny. We are going to take over... er, save the world!

...yes, we're accepting friends. ^_^</font>

Mag
Lostest Boy

Post by Mag »

I think that was the note that asked Hiro to not give up on Lucia wasn't it? That she was so alone on the Blue Star and Althena didn't want it to stay that way. I could be wrong because I haven't played EBC or EB lately. That's actually next up on my list. 8)
WD isn't really out of business, it's just sleeping. Yeah, that's it. Sleeping...

Kazie Solo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Kazie Solo »

It's next up on my script-to-take-down list, too. :lol:

Yeah, I think that's it. I vaguely remember, though, it's been a while.
<font color=pink>Beware of Phyco the Bunny Master, Lunartic the metal-rolling-pin-wielding Diva Sweetheart, and Kazie the White Bunny. We are going to take over... er, save the world!

...yes, we're accepting friends. ^_^</font>

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

This is from the original Eternal Blue, mind you. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

*sigh* Memories..... I actually preferred the Sega CD Eternal Blue over the remake, except for the paying for saves and magic part of it. Of course the anime was far better in the remake, but some scenes were missing. There were story additions and some alterations I liked, but I think GameArts put more effort into the original Eternal Blue than it's remake. I know that battle scenes from the original had animation whereas the remake did not, and there are some differences in the music.