A Different Twist On The Lunar Series?

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3
Old Jericho
Reza Thief
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

A Different Twist On The Lunar Series?

Post by Old Jericho »

Now, being a constant visitor of Lunar-Net, but never an active member, I have decided to put forth an idea of mine, knowing that I risk my "self-esteem" in doing so. I have always wondered about what Lunar would be like as a turn-based RPG strategy game. Mind you, this strategy game would be no Lunar 3, but I think it would help to expand the series' small borders. Now this probably seems like an awful idea to most of you seasoned fans who equate a strategy game Lunar with a shoot-'em-up FPS Lunar. But it's just an idea.
This is my signature. It is a work of art.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Actually, if what you are talking about is like Age of Wonder or a similiar turn based strategy game with heros, I think it could be done with Lunar. Of course, it would probably have to take place during the reign of the first magic emperor.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Old Jericho
Reza Thief

Post by Old Jericho »

Yeah, that's kinda it.
I also had Ogre Battle/Tactics, FFT/A, and the like in mind.

First Magic Emperor you say?
That was a loooong time ago.
But I can see that.

Old Jericho
Reza Thief

Post by Old Jericho »

I was also thinking of the time period between TSS and EB, but I doubt that would work, due to continuity problems.
Then again, I'm just guessing.

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: A Different Twist On The Lunar Series?

Post by Alunissage »

Old Jericho wrote:Now this probably seems like an awful idea to most of you seasoned fans who equate a strategy game Lunar with a shoot-'em-up FPS Lunar.
Er... what? The two genres are completely different. I haven't played much in the way of strategy, but a battle system like Arc the Lad's would be closer to Lunar's than it would be to most traditional RPGs since Lunar has the range component.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

A Lunar Tactics game would actually work rather well, I think. The original Lunar battle system always seemed like a hybrid between a classic turn-based RPG battle system and a strategy RPG.

Old Jericho
Reza Thief

Post by Old Jericho »

Sorry, Alunissage, I was just making the erroneous assumption that die-hard Lunar fans couldn't take anything besides a strict RPG Lunar. That was an awfully worded comparison.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Old Jericho wrote:Sorry, Alunissage, I was just making the erroneous assumption that die-hard Lunar fans couldn't take anything besides a strict RPG Lunar. That was an awfully worded comparison.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would hate for Lunar to be anything different, unless we wait till 2030 for TRUE virtual reality and we can actually feel as if we're on Lunar.