a call to arms

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3
Werefrog
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Werefrog »

Yeah, those are funny. I'm pretty sure the author of that is wrong about his work being protected under "Fair Use." Hopefully, George Lucas doesn't force him to take it down. Lucas has been known to go as far as forcing fan fics off the Internet.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

george lucas thinks fanfics hold significance? LOL!

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Well, apparently, to George Lucas they do. Mind you, I've never seen evidence of this myself. This is something my media studies professor told us when we got into talking about ways that people respond to certain media (fanfics being one of them). It sounds like Lucas might have been the most concerned about slash which I can see to an extent. I still, however, believe all media should be permitted to be broken into their building blocks and rearranged into new media like sampling in hip hop (of course, I'm still against complete rip-offs but the line can get blurry).
Last edited by Werefrog on Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Werefrog wrote:Well, apparently, to George Lucas they do. Mind you, I've never seen evidence of this myself. This is something my media studies professor told us when we got into talking about ways that people respond to certain media (fanfics being one of them). It sound like Lucas might have been the most concerned about slash which I can see to an extent. I still, however, believe all media should be permitted to be broken into their building blocks and rearranged into new media like sampling in hip hop (of course, I'm still against complete rip-offs but the line can get blurry).
FAMILY GUY FOR THE WIN!!!!!

hahahahahahaha.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."