If there was a Lunar 3

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3

do you want LUNAR 3 to be

ANIME
93%
CG
7%

Total votes: 15

lutomboy
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

If there was a Lunar 3

Post by lutomboy »

If lunar 3 came out tomorrow would you wont the game style to be the same anime style or CG
if i hade to chose i would chose i would like to see it done in ANIME because it would not seem right for a LUNAR game to go to CG after the first 2 were so will made in ANIME and CG is way over rated

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Re: If there was a Lunar 3

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

i ENTIRELY agree with you ON this very important SUBJECT. LUNAR should be in ANIME no MATTER what happens.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Where's the "all sprite graphics" option?

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Alun, I think he meant in terms of the cut scenes. ? I personally want anime cut scenes, if I wanted CG I would go play FF or some crap.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yes, and...? I liked Legend's sprite scenes.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I voted anime. However, I would prefer the game to be cell-shaded without any cut scenes. Now that it is possible to have good graphics outside of cut scenes, they only serve to bog the game down and decrease the level of interactivity.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Mmmmhmmm.

Honestly, I'm with Werefrog (and to a degree Alunissage) here. If the choice were between anime and CG, I'd pick ... both? I would like to have some cinematics, but I just want them in a clean style, no matter the method. Pretty. ^_^

But after seeing the way Dragon Quest VIII worked, and even the way much more 2D games have worked, I think they are perfectly capable of having in-game cutscenes. The ideal would be to have full animation-quality graphics so that, rather than choosing between anime or CG for just cutscenes, you basically have those to start with in game. Cel-shading does this decently. But even with sprites, if done correctly, I'd enjoy that as much.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Why not stick with what they did in the Saturn/PSX remakes, and use a combination? It gave the best of both worlds: CGI's hyper-realism, and anime's over-the-top expressiveness. I thought it was great for scenes like the Boat Song and both games' raisings of the Fortress of Althena; Lucia vs Zophar was particularly effective in this style, with Lucia's psychologically fragile anime rendering pitted against a cold and emotionless CGI Zophar.

For in-game graphics, though, I'd like something reminiscent of the XBox 360's Eternal Sonata.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

ilovemyguitar wrote:For in-game graphics, though, I'd like something reminiscent of the XBox 360's Eternal Sonata.
Oh yes... Eternal Sonata really combined the best of both worlds when it came to anime and 3d rendering. I never played it, but the commercials made it look really good. I could see Lunar coming along in that style without losing anything in the process.

But please, NO MORE HANDHELDS. They just don't put the kind of proper effort into a handheld. I want another good Lunar game, not just another Lunar title. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

ilovemyguitar wrote:Why not stick with what they did in the Saturn/PSX remakes, and use a combination? It gave the best of both worlds: CGI's hyper-realism, and anime's over-the-top expressiveness. I thought it was great for scenes like the Boat Song and both games' raisings of the Fortress of Althena; Lucia vs Zophar was particularly effective in this style, with Lucia's psychologically fragile anime rendering pitted against a cold and emotionless CGI Zophar.

For in-game graphics, though, I'd like something reminiscent of the XBox 360's Eternal Sonata.
Yes, the boat song had CG in it, but keep in mind that we don't have a version to watch in which there is none to decide if it would be better with or without it.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
ilovemyguitar wrote:Why not stick with what they did in the Saturn/PSX remakes, and use a combination? It gave the best of both worlds: CGI's hyper-realism, and anime's over-the-top expressiveness. I thought it was great for scenes like the Boat Song and both games' raisings of the Fortress of Althena; Lucia vs Zophar was particularly effective in this style, with Lucia's psychologically fragile anime rendering pitted against a cold and emotionless CGI Zophar.

Yes, the boat song had CG in it, but keep in mind that we don't have a version to watch in which there is none to decide if it would be better with or without it.
I sincerely doubt a 100% anime version of that scene would have been as effective. We wouldn't have been able to have any of the sweeping camera angles that gave it such a cinematic feel. They only use CGI in a couple shots in that scene, but they really add a lot to the overall feel.

lutomboy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lutomboy »

I really liked the way they redid the game it was 95% Anime and 5% CGI just to give it some extra depth what I do not want to see is the game do a 180 and be mostly CG (like the Finale Fantasy games )I and not ANIME the way games should be

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Sorry Alun, I liked the sprite scenes too. I prefer Anime, but I forgot about that at the moment.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

kyle1992
Red Dragon Priest

Post by kyle1992 »

definently an anime. CG just loses its edge for lunar.
"may you go with god's protection"-Nicholas D.Wolfwood

lutomboy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lutomboy »

kyle1992 wrote:definently an anime. CG just loses its edge for lunar.
I could not have said it better

kyle1992
Red Dragon Priest

Post by kyle1992 »

I mean the fact that LDS had no cutscenes kinda lost of how the flow of lunar went. But then comes LK(lunar knights) which if you think about it kinda filled in that empty spot. Ya get where i'm going with this?

lutomboy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lutomboy »

was lunar knits apart of the lunar Sage

kyle1992
Red Dragon Priest

Post by kyle1992 »

lutomboy wrote:was lunar knits apart of the lunar Sage
honestly i never heard of lunar sage

lutomboy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lutomboy »

i meant was it part of the Lunar Games

kyle1992
Red Dragon Priest

Post by kyle1992 »

i'm really not sure how it goes with the lunar timeline but all i know is that it's main character is lucian