What's in Lunar 3 ??????

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3

Who Do You Think Will Be Back In Lunar 3?!?

Ghaleon
14%
Zophar
3%
luna
No votes
Lucia
20%
Alex
6%
Hiro
6%
The Four Dragons
51%

Total votes: 35

meru
Reza Thief
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by meru »

That actually came from IGN.com.
I wanted healing, attention, and love to gain. But you gave me hatred, abuse and pain.
-Meru

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

meru wrote:That actually came from IGN.com.

Doesn't really make a difference. IGN isn't perfect with their information, and there are still human beings behind all the articles. I wouldn't put a little fabrication past them. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Hell, IGN once claimed there was a port of Lunar 2 going to the Dreamcast...

So yeah, wouldn't trust that. But moreover, the Lunar 3 rumors on IGN are fairly old, and very outdated. In fact, just about any Lunar 3 rumors aside from that interview last month in NP are so old that they might as well be throw out the window.
-G1

meru
Reza Thief

Post by meru »

Okay. I'll remember that in the future! :o
I wanted healing, attention, and love to gain. But you gave me hatred, abuse and pain.
-Meru

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Also, Dyne wasn't even listed in any of the books, so it's possible for many more to be out there (like Kiz said.)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Phyco, I'm lost...what are you replying to?

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

phyco126 wrote:Also, Dyne wasn't even listed in any of the books, so it's possible for many more to be out there (like Kiz said.)

Huh? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I wonder if the board got cross-haired, because it seems like Phyco's response belongs in that topic about the Dragonmasters. Weirdness.
-G1

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

I hate IGN, they're Sony whores. They always over-hype games and I can no longer seriously rely on their reviews.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

No, it's in the right spot, but I did make a mistake. Usually I click on the last page to read the new posts, but I don't read the dates or anything. Well, appearantly I missed the 5th page link and instead went to the 1st page, which I thought was the 5th page, so when I read the last 3 posts on that page, then I assumed that they where current. Those posts are kind of what make me post about the Dragonmasters. Wierd uh? Sorry, my bad :P

Though, to make it more sense....

Kizyr wrote:
Greensky wrote:Does anyone remember the info in the library in Vane (Eternal Blue?) and the info in that library at the top of the tower (Silver Star Story or Lunar Legend). In one of those places, I beleive it listed the names of all the past Dragonmasters. I don't remember the names mentioned now, but wouldn't it be funny if it mentioned Jian?

None of the books ever mentioned all the dragonmasters. The first was Niel, the last was Alex, and there were likely dozens (if not more) in between. KF

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

Leo's "Check every farmhouse, henhouse, pancake house" fugitive reference in Lunar EB also kind of takes you out of the mood. That's one that stands out in my mind as being pretty bad.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Well, you know WD's trademark of throwing in some really lame humor. Sometimes it worked, and sometimes you just have to wonder why they couldn't leave the seriousness where it was intended.

You have to wonder, if we are ever to get our new console Lunar, who would handle the translation? One benefit of Ubisoft is that we wouldn't have to wait a year or two later with delays, unlike WD and their set backs. A benefit of having WD do a translation is that they're fan oriented themselves, but sometimes their idea of humor just needs to stay out of the writing.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Just wondering, have you played Arc Collection or Growlanser Generations? Because the writing in those is very good and with very little inane humor (not counting battle cries in Grow II). Of course, they're mostly fairly serious games, but still.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I have not played either of those, but it's good that they translated them in a classier manner as to not detract from the game. I'm not saying their writing is bad, but in a lot of previous games the humor was just too forced at times, and it took away from the essence of the tone in the story. Like I said, sometimes the humor was good, and sometimes you just wanted to know what the hell they were thinking.

At one point I did want to play the Arc the Lad Collection, but I just didn't have the opportunity or my interest waned. I am glad that you enjoyed the writing in the games though, as I am one for a compelling story. I think GameArts should hire us to write a new console Lunar while guiding our direction. We'd be some of the best.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I was always under the impression that WD had those jokes in only to cover for the jokes that wouldn't translate into english very well. Besides, it may be because I'm easy to please, but anyway, I always liked lunar humor. Remember the sun tea people? Even though I never played the game, I cracked up after seeing that joke.

Besides, WD made it clear that Lunar wasn't as much as a serious and dark game as Arc was, therefore the humor was different for that reason.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Well, some of the pop culture references just didn't belong. I think I recall something Bill Clinton related in Eternal Blue, but not the remake.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, and he's admitted that the current events stuff was a mistake. (It's mentioned in the interview in the EB guide.) Phyco, I think you're kind of missing the point; the remakes' humor was for the most part much different (read: worse) than EB's.

Should also mention that the main writer for SSSC and EBC is no longer with WD. He was the one responsible for the sex jokes, for the most part.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I still don't see why they where so bad, I always felt it gave me something to connect myself to the game with. You don't see people in Final Fantasy eating their wheaties, do you? DO YOU?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

No, but you don't see Lorena Bobbitt jokes nowadays either. Stuff like that doesn't age well, and the Clinton joke has annoyed people who haven't even played the game. The Wheaties one will last a little longer, as will the Abba bit.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I loved the Abba qoutes. Then again, I love that band :P When I read those I thought "OMG!!!!111111 Abba! I love Abba! They have Abba in the game! That means Abba is ub3r! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!@!!11111oneoneone$$##@$!!@#!"