What system would you like to see Lunar 3 on?

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3

Nintendo Wii
23%
Xbox 360
13%
PS3
53%
Nintendo DS
2%
PSP
9%

Total votes: 47

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by AlexHiro4 »

If Hell froze over, Satan started giving away free sleigh rides, and Lunar 3 was scheduled for release within the year...what system would you like to see it on? Personally, I'd have to say the Nintendo Wii. I know the hardware isn't as advanced as the XBOX 360 or the PS3, but I think there would be a lot more gameplay possibilities with the Wii. Plus, it's the only one I own. Lol.

Btw, I do realize that a similar poll was made a couple of years ago in this forum. I just wanted to do another one with more updated systems. I hope this is okay.
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Re: What system would you like to see Lunar 3 on?

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I would like to see it on either the 360 or the PS3. I voted 360 since I don't have a PS3. I'm not sure if I'd like using the Wii remote with a Lunar game. I would like the better graphics over the Wii's unqiue controls and other things.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Dark_Fairy wrote:I would like to see it on either the 360 or the PS3. I voted 360 since I don't have a PS3. I'm not sure if I'd like using the Wii remote with a Lunar game. I would like the better graphics over the Wii's unqiue controls and other things.
Do you not think the graphics on the Wii would be good enough to handle anime cut-scenes? Or would you rather have CG cut-scenes?
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

The Wii could probably handle some of the graphics fine. I would just perfer the better graphics that the 360 and the PS3 can offer. I would want the characters to be in 3D, but not completely realistic looking. Something more like an anime type style, like what Tales of the Abyss has would be what I have in mind. I wouldn't want CG cut-scenes at all. I would want the anime cut-scenes to continue. The cut-scenes would probably be much more clear with the 360 or PS3. A lot more could be done with them with the 360 or the PS3 too, like better 3D effects to go with the anime cut-scenes.

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

The Wii. Its an awsome system based entirely on gamer/console interaction for its games.

The Wii can handle the anime cut scenes, but in actuality, graphics don't really matter to me. Just give me good controls, and solid hours and doing whatever the game is based around and I'm good to go.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

LunarRaptor wrote:The Wii. Its an awsome system based entirely on gamer/console interaction for its games.

The Wii can handle the anime cut scenes, but in actuality, graphics don't really matter to me. Just give me good controls, and solid hours and doing whatever the game is based around and I'm good to go.

You could roll Ronfar's dice!

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

LunarRaptor wrote:The Wii. Its an awsome system based entirely on gamer/console interaction for its games.

Well it's nice to see someone agrees with me. Lol. Seriously, I'm an old school gamer. I started out with a NES when I was five years old, so I've experienced all kinds of crummy graphics over the years. I'm the type of person that would take Final Fantasy 6 over Final Fantasy 10. For me it all boils down to gameplay and story, not graphics and flashiness. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

AlexHiro4 wrote:

Well it's nice to see someone agrees with me. Lol. Seriously, I'm an old school gamer. I started out with a NES when I was five years old, so I've experienced all kinds of crummy graphics over the years. I'm the type of person that would take Final Fantasy 6 over Final Fantasy 10. For me it all boils down to gameplay and story, not graphics and flashiness. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Of course it has got to have good gameplay and story. I guess I just want it to have the best graphics too. I know graphics don't make the game (And as long as the game's good, I actually don't care too much) but, Lunar deserves the best of everything. :mrgreen:

I started with the NES and I would take FFVI over FFX too. I loved FFVI. FFX was good too, but FFVI had much better of a story and gameplay. I hate FFX-2 and FFXII though. FFXII may have absolutely great graphics, but I hate the battle system. I couldn't even bring myself to finish FFXII.

Still, with or without good graphics, I'd want it to be for the PS3 or XBOX 360. ^^'

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Dark_Fairy wrote:
AlexHiro4 wrote:

Of course it has got to have good gameplay and story. I guess I just want it to have the best graphics too. I know graphics don't make the game (And as long as the game's good, I actually don't care too much) but, Lunar deserves the best of everything. :mrgreen:

I started with the NES and I would take FFVI over FFX too. I loved FFVI. FFX was good too, but FFVI had much better of a story and gameplay. I hate FFX-2 and FFXII though. FFXII may have absolutely great graphics, but I hate the battle system. I couldn't even bring myself to finish FFXII.

Still, with or without good graphics, I'd want it to be for the PS3 or XBOX 360. ^^'
Everybody would take 6 over 10. 10 had an awful story and was 70% FMV.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Don't misunderstand me guys, if I can get good graphics in addition to story and gameplay I'll take it. All I'm saying is that I think that there's better gameplay potential with the Wii and that the graphics would still be "good enough".
Dark_Fairy wrote:I started with the NES and I would take FFVI over FFX too. I loved FFVI. FFX was good too, but FFVI had much better of a story and gameplay. I hate FFX-2 and FFXII though. FFXII may have absolutely great graphics, but I hate the battle system. I couldn't even bring myself to finish FFXII.
I couldn't finish FFXII either. I wanted to, but the battle system killed it. Final Fantasy games should always stick to the turn-based system.
Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:Everybody would take 6 over 10. 10 had an awful story and was 70% FMV.
I don't think that FFX had an awful story. I just don't think it's AS good as FFVI.

Cinder6
Saith Pirate

Post by Cinder6 »

Voted PS3. Reasons being: I do like graphics. That isn't to say I'm a graphics whore (I still play all my old consoles), but if I have the choice, I'll take better graphics (like anyone, really). Plus, they could fit a monster game on blu-ray discs. Also, I prefer more traditional-style RPGs; I have a feeling they'd force a more active battle system on us with the Wii remote, and swinging around the remote willy nilly every two minutes isn't something that appeals to me.

I do have a 360, but I enjoy playing games on the PS3 more. Maybe it's the controller.

And there's no way I enjoy playing RPGs on a handheld. I've tried it, and always burn out pretty quickly. At least with the PSP, I can get a Slim and output to TV, but there's no chance with that on the DS. Plus, it seems like most DS games are made with right-handed players in mind, and I'm left-handed. And the small controls on either system make my hands cramp. :|

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

AlexHiro4 wrote:I don't think that FFX had an awful story. I just don't think it's AS good as FFVI.
Yeah, I agree. I liked FFX, it just wasn't as good as FFVI. Could I bring myself to play through FFX again? Probably not. FFVI on the other hand, I could play it over again easily.
Cinder6 wrote:And there's no way I enjoy playing RPGs on a handheld. I've tried it, and always burn out pretty quickly. At least with the PSP, I can get a Slim and output to TV, but there's no chance with that on the DS. Plus, it seems like most DS games are made with right-handed players in mind, and I'm left-handed. And the small controls on either system make my hands cramp.
It must be hard to play games being left handed. I wouldn't want Lunar 3 to be on handheld simply because handhelds can't support stuff as well as console systems like the Wii, 360, and PS3 can. If Lunar 3 was handheld, then the PSP would be a good choice. I've seen some pretty good stuff pulled of on the PSP, but not anywhere near as good as the consoles can. I would hate having another game on handheld though after Dragon Song. =\

Cinder6
Saith Pirate

Post by Cinder6 »

Dark_Fairy wrote:It must be hard to play games being left handed.
Consoles are perfectly fine. In arcades, it can even be an advantage if precise movement is necessary and you still have to use your right hand for other buttons. With the DS, though, it can be almost unplayable. It's the reason I've not delved too much into the library. If developers would simply let you map movement to the face buttons, and functions to the D-pad, it'd be perfect.

One nice thing with a PSP release is that there'd be a chance of it being re-released for the PS2 :)

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Cinder6 wrote:Voted PS3. Reasons being: I do like graphics. That isn't to say I'm a graphics whore (I still play all my old consoles), but if I have the choice, I'll take better graphics (like anyone, really). Plus, they could fit a monster game on blu-ray discs. Also, I prefer more traditional-style RPGs; I have a feeling they'd force a more active battle system on us with the Wii remote, and swinging around the remote willy nilly every two minutes isn't something that appeals to me.

I do have a 360, but I enjoy playing games on the PS3 more. Maybe it's the controller.

And there's no way I enjoy playing RPGs on a handheld. I've tried it, and always burn out pretty quickly. At least with the PSP, I can get a Slim and output to TV, but there's no chance with that on the DS. Plus, it seems like most DS games are made with right-handed players in mind, and I'm left-handed. And the small controls on either system make my hands cramp. :|
You make a good point. I didn't think about them messing with the battle system because of the Wii remote. I was thinking more along the lines of potentially cool mini-games or better control within the original battle system. I'd still like it to be on the Wii, but only if they kept a turn-based battle system.

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

I would like to see it on PS3. Only beacuse xbox360 has all the rpgs... why I don't know... but I would hate to see it on the Wii. I wouldn't want to see lunar as another little kids game.
Depend On You Changed My Life.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Sadrin wrote:I would like to see it on PS3. Only beacuse xbox360 has all the rpgs... why I don't know... but I would hate to see it on the Wii. I wouldn't want to see lunar as another little kids game.
I don't see how a game on the Wii becomes a kids' game. On the contrary, many games on it are not kids' games at all, and when a developer tries, it can also avoid what some think of as gimmicky kitsch. Could you elaborate?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Sadrin wrote:I would hate to see it on the Wii. I wouldn't want to see lunar as another little kids game.
that was deep.

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

Sadrin wrote:I would like to see it on PS3. Only beacuse xbox360 has all the rpgs... why I don't know... but I would hate to see it on the Wii. I wouldn't want to see lunar as another little kids game.
I'd say that Zelda Twilight Princess isn't a kids game. That was on the Wii. Did you think that one was childish?

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

Lol ok ok... The reason why I said I wouldn't want it on Wii is well beause... I guess I would like to see the 3rd lunar game as a huge epic. Wii games are easier to create because its not really next gen as far as gfx and displays. Wii is also targeted towards Family and party games, so they tend to get games with lots of bright colors and big shapes. So basically its for casual gaming. Say if lunar 3 was going to be on all 3 systems, they would have to downgrade so the wii could suport it. I'm sure they would have to start development on the wii and then port to the other two as with most games. I'm in no way bashing Wii so please don't think that of me. It's kinda like saying... if dragon song was made for psp, it might have been a better game. There is a big differnce between PSP and NDS just as there is with PS3/Xbox360 compared to Wii.

Now if Lunar 3 was made I'm almost postive that it would be made for Wii just because of the way Dragon Song was played out. Dragon Song was aimed at a young audience. If wii does ever carry a Lunar game i'll buy it just for that.

AlexHiro4 - I would say that yeah the last Zelda game was kinda childish. I've only played about an hour or so of it but just the style and the setting... I mean everything was rather cartoony looking right? We're kinda past that whole idea about making the gfx look cartoony beause its to hard to make things look real. If they ever make a REAL zelda movie do you think everyone will be deformed? So just from the look and what I played of the game, thats how I feel about it. I almost got a wii just for Zelda but my old roomate got one instead.
Depend On You Changed My Life.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Sadrin wrote:I mean everything was rather cartoony looking right? We're kinda past that whole idea about making the gfx look cartoony beause its to hard to make things look real.
ya that's really the idea behind cel-shading!