Do we really need a Lunar 3, in all actuality?

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Do we really need a Lunar 3, in all actuality?

Post by Alunissage »

Which is why it irks me to refer to the remake of Lunar 2 as EBC, but it's just easier than qualifying which system/region. For a while fans called it EBR (Remix), but that was before it came out here.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

There was also a lesser used EBS (Eternal Blue Story). That got dropped pretty quickly, but I think it was started by a Sega site, who claimed that was to be the actual name.
-G1

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

Another reason we don't need another Lunar game. It would inevitably get remade with the other two at some other point and we'd have three game, instead of just two, to have title scuffles over.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

kyle1992
Red Dragon Priest

Post by kyle1992 »

I can agree that we should have not need a Lunar 3. With GameArts going downhill(as previously mentioned I believe) the possibility of a Lunar 3 is somewhat slim. With the extremly crappy Lunar DS I just can't even imagine what they were thinking.(by the way on a little side note I got Lunar DS bout 2 years ago, sold it back about a week later. It was that bad). What I also want to know is what system it will be on, if it does come out.
"may you go with god's protection"-Nicholas D.Wolfwood

Black Dragon
Meryod Yokel

Post by Black Dragon »

Well i agree with you about the quality thing, but i was also thinking of a story that would make Lunar 3 a great game such as the first two titles (LSSS - LEB) and i discovered that Lunar story is very difficult one to continue with...not like Final Fantasy.

Lunar story must be linked together (related) so i am wondering if they cant make a great one then why dont they make a title with a back story (what happened before the first Lunar (the Blue star thing etc...?).

I just hope that they'll try to make a good title with an amazing storyline...

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

Good idea, actually. Hmm. Although I don't know if I'd be able to stand playing a game about the original descruction of the Blue Star, no matter how good they make it. I don't like tragic endings. Still, its probably the best idea we could roll with. That, or make a whole new about a previous Dragon Master (how he came to do it, what heroic deeds he did). That, if nothing else, would be good old-fashioned adventure.
Or heck, they could just release the Four Heroes story at long last, and show us just what all went down to make Dune such a popular hero. They rant on and on about him in the original, but never tell us anything specific.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Black Dragon
Meryod Yokel

Post by Black Dragon »

I agree that's what am thinking about a long time ago, And ofcourse no 3D needed 8)

Old school RULEZ :twisted:

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

LunarRaptor wrote:That, or make a whole new about a previous Dragon Master (how he came to do it, what heroic deeds he did).
Or that SHE did, dammit. It's been established that there were female Dragonmasters; let's hear about one of them for a change.

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

Whatever. About another Dragon Master, period. 8)

Omega
Student of Vane

Post by Omega »

Yeah, i'll admit i'm curious about the female dragonmasters myself.

BTW... If it stays in 2D it's going to stay on handhelds or go to the PS2... Either that or end up on Xbox live.
Those who underestimate the power of the human spirit are destined to fail... and that means you, Ghaleon!

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

Me, too, though really, I never really care much what gender a lead character is as long as they have appropriate development, whether it be character-wise, stat-wise, or both.

Omega
Student of Vane

Post by Omega »

Personally, I think some games that go handheld aren't going to last.
If Lunar makes it's return to consoles the series will have a future.
Those who underestimate the power of the human spirit are destined to fail... and that means you, Ghaleon!

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

Agreed, Omega. Its always been the main console games that achieve true imfamy in the gaming community. If you think of a game randomly, which is more likely to come to mind?
A. think of Super Mario Land 2, or
B. think of Super Mario World

Omega
Student of Vane

Post by Omega »

out of your 2, Super Mario World.

completely off the top of my head... Shadow the Hedgehog.

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

Between Sonic and Shadow, its the blue one that would immediately come to mind for me. In fact, I actively try to not think of Shadow.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

LunarRaptor wrote:Between Sonic and Shadow, its the blue one that would immediately come to mind for me. In fact, I actively try to not think of Shadow.
Who? :roll: 8)
-Nobi

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

Well, you see, Shadow is... ... ... :? :shock: :oops: ...I...don't rightly know...

Omega
Student of Vane

Post by Omega »

This should answer your question.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_the_Hedgehog

Change the Shadow to Silver and you'll meet the newest hedgehog in the series.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

I agree with the majority of what peeps have posted previously. I think it would be AWESOME to have another Lunar -console- game whether it be a Lunar 3 or the Four Heroes Story. Though in all honesty as much as I adore the 4 heroes... I'm just not sure at this point I wouldn't be disappointed. I really am not sure if I could get into it if the original voice actors weren't hired for those voices (I guess that's a bit close-minded and picky ^^' ). If they were really great actors I guess I could get over it... but I find it very hard thinking I could get passed someone other than John Truitt, for instance, doing Ghaleon's voice.

To your point on whether we need another one, no, I don't feel that we need one. I, like most everyone, DEFInITELY do NOT want another Dragon Song. I wonder though that if another game came to fruition if they'd keep it 2D or with GAs and Square teaming up if they'd go the 3-D route... I think there are many pros and cons, but mostly cons if they go in that direction.

Just my 2 cents tho.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

LunarRaptor wrote:Well, you see, Shadow is... ... ... :? :shock: :oops: ...I...don't rightly know...
I lol'd because he's black and they gave him guns.