Which GamePad would you want LUNAR 3 to be in?

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3

Playstation 2
38%
PC
No votes
X-Box
No votes
GameCube
15%
Playstation 3
46%

Total votes: 13

Sakkkim
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Sakkkim »

Which GamePad would you want it to be?
Which would it siut you best?

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

It's an RPG. You only need a confirm button, cancel button, and some kind of directional.
-Rich-

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Just curious, but what's up with the Playstation 3 and no XBox360 and Nintendo Revolution? I'd like to see it go to the Revolution because I think it has the best chance of staying in a 2D form there.
-G1

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I think Playstation 3 would be a great place for Lunar 3. And honestly, I'd be fine with Lunar going 3D, as long as it keeps its fluid, anime feel (which is entirely possible).

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Ya know. If it were on the PS3...and given how much memory the PS3 has compared to the PSX that the revised additions came out on...

Imagine an entirely animated version of Lunar.

Even the fights being done in anime style...

...Take memory up the wazoo, but PS3 has it to spare...
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Angelalex242 wrote:Ya know. If it were on the PS3...and given how much memory the PS3 has compared to the PSX that the revised additions came out on...

Imagine an entirely animated version of Lunar.

::faints::

As amazing and awesome as that sounds, I'd say that is a way off. Even if the PS3 has the capability to do it, it will probably be many years down the line before we see that kind of thing in RPGs. At least I think so, but what do I know.
- Mike

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

NallOne wrote:Imagine an entirely animated version of Lunar.

From a technical perspective, I don't think that's really possible (assuming you're implying what I think you're implying). There are some methods to sort-of approximate this, but I don't think they're what you want.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

...Well, Lunar 3 itself is a ways off.

They've got a couple years and perhaps a new system or two to figure it out on.

But...dare to dream. Ya just never know what you might pull off.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Angelalex242 wrote:They've got a couple years and perhaps a new system or two to figure it out on.

I'm just not sure it's the sort of issue that can be resolved with incremental hardware improvements.

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

DevNall wrote:
Angelalex242 wrote:They've got a couple years and perhaps a new system or two to figure it out on.

I'm just not sure it's the sort of issue that can be resolved with incremental hardware improvements.

All a game is doing is putting 2D images on a screen at a high enough speed to look like animation. It's not like some kind of magic is going on there. Any possible 2D images are possible on the screen. So yes, any idea that produces a sequence of 2D images on a screen is possible and is only a matter of hardware capability, time and effort.
-Rich-

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Regardless of how much memory the PS3 has, each system will have it's pros and cons. If it's a pain to develop on the system, PS3 may not be GameArts choice. They will look into the hardware, and pick the one they feel they can manipulate to the best effect. Who knows, maybe they would tread new ground and make it a multiplatform release. I'm selfish in this respect though, so I'd only want one console version. An entirely anime version of Lunar would defeat the purpose of gameplay. We'd end up with Dragon Lair, and that's not much fun. However, an entirely anime graphic style is definitely possible, if that's what you originally meant. I just wouldn't want cell shading. Just give me a Guilty Gear quality animation.

Wolfman_Samurai
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Wolfman_Samurai »

I'd like to see it go to the Revolution because I think it has the best chance of staying in a 2D form there.

NOT WITH THAT CONTROLLER!!!!

ZP
Pao Hunter

Post by ZP »

Every Lunar game would work fine on the original Megadrive 3 button pad, so it's not a big deal. After a few hours of RPG playing I tend to forget about the pad I'm using completely, since the genre doesn't usually do anything to tire the fingers (those that do are stupid). The ultimate feature of a good RPG control pad is to be able to survive greasy fingers, spilt drinks and food crumbs.

The Revolution controller should be the best in this case! The skills learnt over several years of changing a TV channel while eating at the same time will be so handy - AND it looks easy to wipe! Just keep arm-waving far away from epic turn-based RPGs...

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

At first, I thought that the Revolution's controller was just one type of controller that you could buy for it, much like the DVD attachment you can purchase for the xbox. Once I realized that it was the official controller, I about fainted. I don't like the PS3s controller much either. Actually, I would rather see a Lunar2: EBC sized or bigger lunar, complete with voice and anime, on the PSP. I still have wetdreams about the PSP.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."