What would you like to see in Lunar 3?

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Kizyr »

I didn't notice. I call older people I know very well uncle and auntie normally, so it didn't strike me as odd or different--or implying any sort of familial connection. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Alunissage wrote:I'd wondered if using family-like terms to address strangers might be a Japanese language thing. I certainly saw it a lot in the old fairy tales I used to read when I was younger; people were always calling the strange old people they met in the forest "Granther" or "Mother", and of course referring to people they knew as Gaffer (or Gammer) So-and-so. I also thought that might be the case with Ronfar calling someone Grandpa in Zulan, and Lemina doing likewise in...Zaback, was it?

Using familial terms to address strangers is prevalent in most East Asian languages (I can't really speak for Chinese, but it's very common in Japanese and Korean). While it varies depending on the relative age-gap of addresser and addressee in Japanese, someone between the ages of about 16-mid 20's would be called brother/sister, late 20's-50's aunt/uncle, and 60's on grandmother/grandfather.

While this scale doesn't really apply to dragons, it does indicate that Nall regards the other dragons as older than him, but not much older. This is not really a polite way to address others, but then Nall never concerned himself with politeness. (And this habit intensified with time.)

Arcana
Meribian Merchant

Post by Arcana »

The few things i hope lunar 3 would have is a referance to or a actual dragonmaster.

A referance to Althena, Alex. Hiro, Lucia

an appearance by Nall, Ruby, Ramus (descendant) and Ghaleon

A new baby dragon

Some sort of magic city like vane

takes place on the blue star and lunar

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

I would like it to be long, maybe 5 disk. :o

I would like it to have cooler weapons. :twisted:

A more confusing story line to keep you interested. :shock:

Another Dragonmaster Quest would be the best thing in the world. 8)
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon

CoePSX
Iluk Crackpot

Post by CoePSX »

I'd like to see another reencarnation of Ghaleon (As a good guy this time)

A priest that says YEAH BABY YEAH!!! :lol:

And keep the double-meaning jokes spirit of the former Lunar games (specially the remakes)

Just being another Lunar and having the same style and perhaps most of the same creators team... Working Dwsigns could be still alive for that one... :(

And certainly NO 3D CHANGES!!! It HAS to have the same battle style... i hated what they did to Megaman X 7... Sad day at the Playstation 2 history... :(

More exciting moments where everybody suddenly appears to help and crush an enemy all together! :)

Well... we're in 2006 and yet no news on that... But i believe in the power of humanity :D Let's keep our hope on that one! :wink:

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

what i would like to see

Post by Aquaignis »

I would like another Dragonmaster story, a male red dragon, or female white dragon that towards the end can change to a human form. :wink: Also, Lunar would not be the same without the adult humor. I would not like to see another incarnation of Ghaleon. He is dead and that is all there is to it. I would not particularly want to see another heroin in distress story, though.
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

Exactly. That would be cool.
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon

Wafrea
Saith Pirate

Post by Wafrea »

Changes I'd like to see?

- I would like to see Lunar in 3D, I know there is alot of hardcore fans but belive it or not I'l like to see Lunar 4 before I die and if they do another 2d I can't see good sales however I could be wrong.

-I would like to have the same composer who did the music for EBC and SSC.

Lastly, I know that people couldn't really see this but if this game was taken to online status say as Warcraft to me that would be the best. Although I could never see that happening the world of lunar is so rich with history and classes it would make for an awesome mmorpg. I really get excited thinking of having a mage in vane ( hopefully floating again :P)
Lunar :TSS & SSS
Lunar :EB & EBC
The only Lunar games worth playing

Royce
Nanza Bandit

Post by Royce »

I would like to see a female lead, and more sidequests. If it would be 3D, I would like them to still have the anime cutscenes.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

a female lead that saves a man i guess? lol

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:a female lead that saves a man i guess? lol
In Lunar: Magic School, Ellie, Lena, and Senia are constantly getting the boys (not to mention the school and teachers) out of trouble. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Kizyr wrote:
Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:a female lead that saves a man i guess? lol
In Lunar: Magic School, Ellie, Lena, and Senia are constantly getting the boys (not to mention the school and teachers) out of trouble. KF
*coughrhapsodycough*

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Not sure why you're coughing, since I haven't played the game, but see also Beyond Good and Evil, in which the female protagonist saves both of her male companions. That game is probably the one I want to see a sequel to more than any other, including Lunar, because of Jade being about the only non-sexualized adult human female I've ever seen in a game.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Alunissage wrote:Not sure why you're coughing, since I haven't played the game, but see also Beyond Good and Evil, in which the female protagonist saves both of her male companions. That game is probably the one I want to see a sequel to more than any other, including Lunar, because of Jade being about the only non-sexualized adult human female I've ever seen in a game.
I'm coughing because the way he said "Female saving a male" could, in fact be taken as "yeah right like that will ever happen." That's at least how *I* took it. Now, in Rhapsody, it's a RPG with lots of music and singing. =O Not like Lunar though, nope.

*spoilers*

Anyway, the main character goes on a quest to save the prince who was turned to stone on accident by not so main villian. It was pretty funny actually. There is no male companions, just puppets that she can collect and control to help her fight battles and whatnot.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:Not sure why you're coughing, since I haven't played the game, but see also Beyond Good and Evil, in which the female protagonist saves both of her male companions. That game is probably the one I want to see a sequel to more than any other, including Lunar, because of Jade being about the only non-sexualized adult human female I've ever seen in a game.
Alys Brangwin, from Phantasy Star 1. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

You mean Phantasy Star IV Kiz (at least by the name), though Alis from Phantasy Star 1 definitely works there too. (The names are too similar, so I have to think about it; Wolfgang helps out a lot.)

But it's still a short list, if Alunissage means what I think she does.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The only PS I've seen was 1, and I seem to recall the opening graphic showed her in a very short skirt.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:The only PS I've seen was 1, and I seem to recall the opening graphic showed her in a very short skirt.
That's really insufficient to go off of, considering that early game artwork wasn't really concerned with drawing things (or people) in accurate proportion.

PS1 was rather ahead of its time in a lot of ways (graphics, story, etc.). The fact that there was a female heroine, and the game never made any issue of her being female, was another way it was pretty advanced. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I'm just referring to my comment about sexualized females. I mean, Samus Aran in the Metroid series does her job without it mattering in the least that she's female, but the pics at the end for good completion times portray her in a decidedly fanservice fashion. The pic of Alis Landale registered similarly to me, but I only saw it the one time, several years ago. Looking at the box art, however, she appears to be in full armor -- so why wasn't she shown that way in the game's opening?

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:I'm just referring to my comment about sexualized females. I mean, Samus Aran in the Metroid series does her job without it mattering in the least that she's female, but the pics at the end for good completion times portray her in a decidedly fanservice fashion. The pic of Alis Landale registered similarly to me, but I only saw it the one time, several years ago. Looking at the box art, however, she appears to be in full armor -- so why wasn't she shown that way in the game's opening?
She started her quest to avenge her brother's death. The opening shows her brother's death. Hence, she hadn't yet begun in the opening sequence. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)