Bleh - Not staying logged in

For talking about LunarNET, the site. Requests, suggestions, complaints, praises, etc. are for this board.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Bleh - Not staying logged in

Post by phyco126 »

I used to be able to stroll in, post, then disappear before G1 could even mutter "soccor rules." I made sure that whenever I visit the forums I was already logged in, but now no matter how many times I check that stupid thing to keep me logged in, it simply will not keep me logged in (so when I leave and come back, I have to log back in.)

Now I'm going out on a limb and saying that this is happening to me only, as I don't see any other posts that mention it. It just started happening about a week or two ago, no reason. I never changed a setting or anything. O_o *kick* Stupid bucket of bolts this forum is. It's ooooooold. Not that I hate it >_> *licks the forums* Yes... my own.... my... PRECIOUS!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

What web service/browser are you using, phyco? And are you sure nothing could've been changed by any program you might've been using?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

I know that at one point I was havin' trouble. Except I think it was in reverse. I would log in and it would boot me back out, and when I logged back in, there were no posts so I had to find them.

I ended up cleanin' out my computer with a disk clean-up and then had it auto log, and I'm golden.

...Except when there is nothin' for me to post about...
Other than that!
ImageImageImage

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

No, I'm pretty sure of it, unless disk-fragmentation would do it :P I use IE by the way, for my webbrowser. I tried messing with some options at the advice of Dan the Black, so I'll see how it goes.

Edit: By the way, these forums are the only area of the web I am having issues with, all the other websites/forums that I have set to automatically log me in still logs me in with no issues.

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

phyco126 wrote:Edit: By the way, these forums are the only area of the web I am having issues with, all the other websites/forums that I have set to automatically log me in still logs me in with no issues.

Letsee try these

1. Ensure theres a www. in the address bar when visiting this site
  2. Go clear your internet browsers cookies for this site only or altogether
  3. Goto the main login page itself rather using anything else
---
LunarNET Discord: https://discord.gg/yzXgsSa

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

1. Check
2. Check
3. Check

Thanks, works fine now, or so it seems. I deleted both my cookies and history for the entire 'net so I could start fresh. Thanks for all the help.

Suetan
Lann Fisherman

Post by Suetan »

Another thing that you might want to try is when you login make sure that the box is checked next to the Automatic login on every visit.

Depending on the phpBB version that this site is running on, you might have to do this a couple of times.

Also, don't click on the "Log Out [ {USER_NAME} ]" link when you leave the site.

If you do that there's a chance that phpBB might not log you in the next time that you visit.

A member of my site was having the same problem before I was hacked.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, that was the problem, every time I logged in I had to hit the stay logged in button, but it never worked, and I never log out, ever ever ever. *hugs lnet* Lunar-net is my fwiend (^_^)_Vm

Suetan
Lann Fisherman

Post by Suetan »

phyco126 wrote:Well, that was the problem, every time I logged in I had to hit the stay logged in button, but it never worked, and I never log out, ever ever ever. *hugs lnet* Lunar-net is my fwiend (^_^)_Vm

There might be a problem in $phpbb_root_directory/login.php

I'm well experienced in working with phpBB. Maybe I can help if GhaleonOne needs it.

Database optimization might help that too.

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

Suetan wrote:There might be a problem in $phpbb_root_directory/login.php

I'm well experienced in working with phpBB. Maybe I can help if GhaleonOne needs it.

Not every problem is board related error, most are due to user error. If you are well experienced you'd know that. This was a matter of browser stored cookies. Also this board is up-to-date and always is, even enhanced to keep up with all the hackers that did attempt in the past here.
---
LunarNET Discord: https://discord.gg/yzXgsSa

Suetan
Lann Fisherman

Post by Suetan »

Insydius wrote:
Suetan wrote:There might be a problem in $phpbb_root_directory/login.php

Not every problem is board related error, most are due to user error. If you are well experienced you'd know that. This was a matter of browser stored cookies. Also this board is up-to-date and always is, even enhanced to keep up with all the hackers that did attempt in the past here.

There are problems that are user related. But if there's any MODs on here that alter login.php, then those could have something to do with it.

If this site doesn't have any MODs installed, then it's probably fine.

I'm not saying that there's a problem in the coding. I'm just stating some possibilities.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

*coughquickreplycough*

What?

Either way, the problem is fixed now, I'm guess the cookies got messed up somehow. *shrugs*